PDA

View Full Version : ipod touch anyone?

shuggy
08-28-2008, 01:21 AM
ok, who has one? do you like it hate it love it loathe it? give me the particulars.

apparently i can get one through school (those of you currently in higher education probably can, as well) and get up to $299 back from a rebate.

seriously. the 8gb are $299. so that makes it free. or the 16gb is $399 with a $299 rebate. so 100 bucks. hmmm...

WHAT? that's too good to pass up, if you ask me. i have an mp3 player that i love, but it's only 4gb and doesn't do the fancy stuf.

so do i need this? do i???

Christie
08-28-2008, 07:28 AM
I don't have anything like that and don't even know who they work!!! Nathan wants one really really bad, but doesn't want to pay the money for one!

HeatherJ
08-28-2008, 07:30 AM
A friend of mine has one, and she doesn't really use it, but not because she doesn't like it. Her DH was just out of ideas to buy her something for Christmas, I think!

DD is wanting one for Christmas, I wonder if the rebate is for Canada, too?

midnitecreations
08-28-2008, 08:10 AM
My oldest DS has the 16g and can't live without it. I got one of the smaller ones. I figured I didn't need it, so it stayed brand new for nearly 6 months. Then I had him load some music and videos on it for me for a long trip. OMG, I'm in love. I listened to music and watched videos the whole trip. It was so easy to use and the larger ipods have a large enough screen that it didn't feel like I was squinting the whole time. I just found out that you can download some books too from the ipod site. That'll be my next thing to do. the only drawback is the earbuds. I didn't like those. My DS has bought different ones and I'm going to get a new set for myself too.

graciez
08-28-2008, 08:30 AM
I know the new touch cell phones are great...my grandson has one. I have an ipod 30 g and I LOVE it...I think that rebate is a no brainer..I'd go for it....g

HeatherJ
08-28-2008, 08:33 AM
I just googled the iPod rebate and see that you need to buy a Mac computer with it, and I just bought a new laptop so definately not in my plans this month! :)

ccstampin12
08-28-2008, 09:45 AM
It sounds like a great deal!
If you know how to use one, I'd say to go for it!
LOL
I have the IPOD Nano and it is great for my walking exercise spurts!
Joanie

Christie
08-28-2008, 10:43 AM
What is a podcast??? I kept hearing it on the news the other night but have no idea what it is!

shuggy
08-28-2008, 01:08 PM
I just googled the iPod rebate and see that you need to buy a Mac computer with it, and I just bought a new laptop so definately not in my plans this month! :)

oh that's a bummer....

MyRnAbS
08-28-2008, 02:14 PM
uhmmm, i'm gonna be a teacher and my sister is a teacher so I called and asked and they said no discounts on any ipods. But my dds have one, and OMG! I love it! They use it so so much, and so do I! It's a must have not unless u have an iPhone which I would love to have as well!! But I'm with sprint. Definetly buy one!!! NOW!!! Opps I forgot to add they have the iPod touch!! the 8gb is enuff for them, but it all depends what u'll put in them. HTH

mom_on_line
08-28-2008, 04:32 PM
I have an itouch. My son gave me his when he bought an iphone. Nice kid, huh? LOL!

Anyway, I haven't had much time to play with it, other than to download all my songs. I don't have any videos but he did help me set up the wifi so I can get online.

That's about it so far!

GSMom385
08-28-2008, 10:25 PM
I have a nano but would love to get a bigger better one, thinking about it for my merry christmas to me gift. I use mine constantly. I belong to Audible and download books and I have my entire music collection on there too. I got the FM part for mine so I can hook it into my car radio while driving as I also hated the earbuds. I forget who asked this but a podcast is basically like a news broadcast that is recorded to be downloaded to your ipod to listen to. You can get lots of newspapers, and regular TV shows as podcasts on the itunes site. I get my soap in a podcast it isn't the same as watching it but it is almost as good and kills the time pretty well for windshield time. I never listen to regular radio anymore.

shadoob
08-29-2008, 08:27 AM
My kids both have one. My dd's is 60 gb (yes, 60!) so she can store movies and music. I borrow it all the time on trips to watch movies while traveling. I'd love one ..even with just 16gb to have lots of music.
~Cheryl