PDA

View Full Version : Looks like school is back in for today ... WOO HOO

iloveflipflops
08-28-2008, 05:28 AM
Not that they bothered me yesterday ... HA

We were watching the news last night at dinner and i could not believe how many were effected nearby in our county. Some had water all the way up to their roof tops - I just feel so bad for them. Those poor people lost everything!!! They didn't have enough time to get it all out. The creeks just overflowed and they didn't have flood insurance or anything. I don't know if it was on the national news or not. Parts of Charlotte was flooded pretty bad too - I'm sure they must've been on the national news but i know if Cabarrus County was, that's where I live.

WOW!!

We're fine here, just a very soggy ground.

My3Ds
08-28-2008, 05:39 AM
Wow. There's not much you can do to prepare when it comes so fast. I feel bad for those families and now New Orleans may go through another hurricane. At least their State/Local governments seem to be getting it together before the storm this time. Glad you are high and dry (well soggy, but you know what I mean).

Christie
08-28-2008, 07:37 AM
I know you are happy school is back in! Hope you all dry out soon.

mydogstinks2
08-28-2008, 10:00 AM
wow now that is a ton of rain!!

Glad your kiddos are back in school too!

MidwestStamper
08-28-2008, 12:11 PM
When I was watching the National News this morning, they were talking about all the rain and flooding in North Carolina-- they even interviewed someone that had to run from the rising flood waters!