PDA

View Full Version : shoppin at Paloosa....

mydogstinks2
08-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Ladies I have a shopping day question:

Not that I want to open a can of worms or anything here just a yes or no will do... LOL

I have been talking and emailing the owner of "stamping day and night" That is our closest stamp store. Some people went last year too. She is going to give me a coupon just for Shackapaloosa. I do not know yet what it is but I'm sure it will be great. She was very excited at the fact of having 30+ people in her store shopping at once!

Now my question for you all...

ALL of the stores are in Fort Wayne:

Stamping Day and Night
Archivers
Hobby Lobby
Micheals
Joanns

What do you think about renting a bus to go shopping in one day? Like Saturday when everyone is for sure there all day. Meaning some are coming in on thursday and some on friday.

That way we are all together and can still talk and look at each others stuff they just bought.

I have no idea the cost of this but with gas prices and the fact it would take about 6 or 7 cars to get us all around this might be a good deal?!?

Not everyone would have to go either. The cost would just be split between those going.

Let me know what you think!

Fief14
08-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Sounds like a good idea, but from my bus renting experience they are really expensive. To be honest I'd rather use the money to buy new stamps! But, look into it and see how much it would cost, it won't hurt and we can decide then.

Spartymom
08-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Check into the price to rent a bus. That would be fun to have everyone together for a shopping spree.

shuggy
08-28-2008, 01:06 PM
that would be fun if it isn't too much!

GrammaStamper
08-28-2008, 01:16 PM
it sounds like a lot of fun, but like most say, depends on the cost. are there any school bus drivers among us that can do the driving, thereby cutting the cost to just the bus rental?

workin4stamps
08-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I am very interested in going to the Stamping store....but probably not so much on the other places as I can go to them all the time.....

So I would prefer to just drive myself to the stamping store, and then get right back to stamping!!!

:-)

cindi
08-28-2008, 01:19 PM
if the price wasn't too much. if it's too much maybe we can all carpool. let us know
:)

iloveflipflops
08-28-2008, 01:35 PM
What Traci says so I guess I will ride with Traci (if she lets me. ha ha)

shuggy
08-28-2008, 01:38 PM
I am very interested in going to the Stamping store....but probably not so much on the other places as I can go to them all the time.....

So I would prefer to just drive myself to the stamping store, and then get right back to stamping!!!

i guess i didn't think of that!!!

tojoco
08-28-2008, 01:42 PM

Well make some room for me, girls. I would only want to go to the stamping store as I've been to all the others. Hopefully there would be room for me in Traci's car. Otherwise, I think I'd just sit and stamp.

iloveflipflops
08-28-2008, 01:56 PM
We would find room Joanne :) I will even be willing to sit on top of the roof. lol

ccstampin12
08-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Hmmm...sounds like Traci's car is getting kinda full.....I don't know how Lesa would be feeling about any of this...I'll have to check. Maybe I should try to reserve a couple more places in Traci's car if there are still any available!
What about renting a van or 2, would that be any cheaper, do you think?
I've only been to the MOA Archivers, and never to a Hobby Lobby. Would it be worth it to pay the extra $$$ or will I be able to spend money at just the stamp store? LOL
Joanie

logcabincreations
08-28-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm in if not too much $

shuggy
08-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Well make some room for me, girls. I would only want to go to the stamping store as I've been to all the others. Hopefully there would be room for me in Traci's car. Otherwise, I think I'd just sit and stamp.

save a spot for me too. and probably my cute mom. you know, we are joined at the hip!!

iloveflipflops
08-28-2008, 04:01 PM
I think we may need a limo to take us to that stamp store. lol

shadoob
08-28-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm with Traci too....I'd rather just go to the stamping store since I've been to the others. I will probably be driving so I will have room for a couple of you....
~Cheryl

workin4stamps
08-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Wow!! My car is sure getting full!! I better call Brian and tell him to hold the order on my new Escape and get me a Limo instead!!!!

tojoco
08-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Wow!! My car is sure getting full!! I better call Brian and tell him to hold the order on my new Escape and get me a Limo instead!!!!

That's funny . . . but seriously can he get a good discount on a limo?????? LOL

workin4stamps
08-28-2008, 05:25 PM
ummm....only one that we would have to BUY!

Patty
08-28-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm thinking I would just be interested in the stamp store--plus--I might be flying this time and with everything I'll be bringing with me, how would I get even more home??

directmailscrapper
08-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Well, Patty, I had to carry my heavy cropadile in my carryon to make the weight limit! I was afraid they were going to think I was a terrorist or something. That cropadile is pretty weird looking!

Trishlvscards
08-29-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't have an Archivers store or a hobby lobby. I would like to go to the Archivers since I have never seen one before and the stamp store. I am so EXCITED!!!!!

maxiesmom
08-29-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't have an Archivers store or a hobby lobby. I would like to go to the Archivers since I have never seen one before and the stamp store. I am so EXCITED!!!!!

Trish, how did I miss that you are coming to Shackapaloosa?? How awesome will that be??!! :jiggy:

Trishlvscards
08-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Kathy,

I just signed up. I hope I am not too late. I am so excited!!!!

maxiesmom
08-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Kathy,

Yippee! Me too! Hope you can get a good deal on airfare.

workin4stamps
08-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Kathy,

OMG! I missed it too!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iloveflipflops
08-29-2008, 06:32 PM
I missed it three! :) LOL I am excited too Trish :) Of course we met in Vegas, remember?

Sweetpea
08-29-2008, 06:44 PM

I'm with Traci & Ang & Joanne. The bus may be too much. But, I'd be very interested in going to the stamping store because of it's uniqueness. If you have seen one Michael's, you've seen them all!:cute:

spredbirds
09-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Well I have been thinking that maybe my car is going to be too small to drive me and hutchink to Palooza ... and picking up shuggy and cute mom on the way.

My concern is not us fitting in the car .... it's fitting in all of our stuff in the car!!!

Maybe I should rent an RV to get there :) ... and then we can use that to get to Fort Wayne :)

I too would love to go to Stampin' Day and Night. It's a great store!!

Erin K
09-01-2008, 11:49 PM
*I'm jealous*

ps, is Sweetpea Angie's cute mom

shuggy
09-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Well I have been thinking that maybe my car is going to be too small to drive me and hutchink to Palooza ... and picking up shuggy and cute mom on the way.

My concern is not us fitting in the car .... it's fitting in all of our stuff in the car!!!

Maybe I should rent an RV to get there :) ... and then we can use that to get to Fort Wayne :)

I too would love to go to Stampin' Day and Night. It's a great store!!

no worries, chels. i think we are going to rent a car. so you won't have to take us one way anymore.

shuggy
09-01-2008, 11:52 PM
*I'm jealous*

ps, is Sweetpea Angie's cute mom

yep, that's the one!