PDA

View Full Version : I called the dr office - CT scan was clear. THANK GOD!! WOO Hoo but ....

iloveflipflops
08-29-2008, 02:12 PM
my pelvic ultrasound that I also had the same day came back with my left ovary showing abnormal whatever that means. They said I need to schedule an appt with my gynecologist for him go over it with me. What the heck does this mean? What could it mean? I cried at first but now I am ok. My gyn is closed already for the long weekend so now I wait.

Can anyone enlighten me and should I not get overworked over the "unknown?" I am going to call first thing Tuesday morning and hope I can get in right away but who knows....He's a pretty busy guy!!! Does anyone know what will be next? Will they more than likely want to do a biopsy of my left ovary and what are they looking for? Charlie called the dr and left him a message too so hopefully he will call us back sometime this weekend if he's not out of town ....

At least my head is all clear :).

UPDATE:

Charlie just talked to the dr at 4 pm and he said I have a large mass that appears to be a complex cyst on my left ovary. He said it needs to be looked at my gyn and if anything, needs to be taken out. He said not to panic. Yeah, sure!! HA HA I will try and not worry. He did ask about my headaches but nothing more was said. I have one now but i am sure its from stress right now.

Christie
08-29-2008, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't get upset just yet. I think that what ever it is they will have to do more tests to see if it is in fact anything at all. It could be that the test didn't take right and you just have to redo it. Just try not to think about it to much, I know, easier said then done! Keeping you in my prayers.

directmailscrapper
08-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Sherri, I would think that it is most likely a cyst -- which could be causing many of your symptoms anyway! An ovarian cyst is caused by an egg that doesn't completely release -- I think of it as an ingrown hair that gets infected. I'm no expert, but I would think this is probably what they are looking for...

My3Ds
08-29-2008, 03:25 PM
GLad you finally heard, but wish you could hear from your gyn. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for ya.

ccstampin12
08-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Glad your head is fine....
I would be thinking "things" about the other, too, but hopefully, it's nothing that can't be taken care of easy peasy. Fingers are crossed that you hear from the doctor soon to put your mind at ease!
HUGS
Joanie

MidwestStamper
08-29-2008, 03:32 PM
The PCMB lady that visited here a couple days ago, Gayle, just had a large benign tumor removed from one of her ovaries. She was jokingly calling it 'Junior' because it was like the size of a small baby. She came through that just fine and her doctor told her today that's "she's good to go".

Benign means it's not cancer or anything, just something growing for whatever reason. I'm sure your doctor will start with analyzing things more closely to see just what is going on inside of you.

toao
08-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Glad to hear part of your results were okay. Don't freak out about the ovary thing. They may want you to follow up with a vaginal ultrasound. I had to have this done. It was uncomfortable and I cramped afterwards, but they could see more this way. If it is a cyst the surgery isn't that bad. They make 2 tiny cuts on your abdomen and go in and remove it. I'll keep you in my prayers.

I meant to ask if they said what was causing the headaches?

iloveflipflops
08-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Charlie talked to the dr just now - I updated the original post ...

ccstampin12
08-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Cysts can be dealt with....it's going to be OK...trust in positive thinking!
HUGS
Joanie

logcabincreations
08-29-2008, 04:38 PM
ask the GYN if that mass could be causing abnormal levels of estrogen...which could be causing your headaches.

You are in my prayers sis.

shadoob
08-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Oh gosh, the waiting and not knowing is so difficult at times. Try to believe your Dr and try to not worry.....I think the denial is sometimes a really good thing...especially over a long weekend.
~from the FIRST Cheryl

loobylou
08-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Sherri, This will all work out fine, It has to, We are all praying for you to get good results- Here's a (((HUG))) to get you thru to Monday

cecescraps
08-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Sherri, I'm sure everything will be fine but, it never ever hurts to pray so, I'll put you on my prayer list and I'm sending hugs and good vibes your way too. :)

tojoco
08-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Sherri, don't you think if the doctor thought it was something severe, he would have immediately called your gyno and talked to him about it and had you see him immediately today? I sure think so. In any event and I know it's easier said then done, but try not to worry this weekend. I'll be thinking about you.

cindi
08-29-2008, 08:08 PM
if it was something really dyer..they would be pushing you through ASAP.
I have had a cyst on an overy, and it ruptured..it felt just like an appendisitis attack..staring with flu like symptoms and slowly developing into severe abdomial pain..if you feel this happening go to the emergency care clinic. otherwise try not to worry and wait for your dr visit. Cyst are fairly common and since you & I are of a certain ..uh..age I wonder if it might be part of the hormonal change we are starting.
stay postive hon..we are here for you
:wubclub:

GrammaStamper
08-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Sherri, so glad your head's okay. Thinking positive thoughts for the rest of it and hoping you get a fast appt. with the GYN dr.

JBgreendawn
08-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Sherri,
thats great that he got through on a holiday weekend!

my mil had cysts too, (that they found out after they removed her entire everything) were benign. she felt at 62 years old she wasn't using those parts anyways and didn't want to go through multiple what evers (plus stress) every year over lumps and bumps and cysts and had her gyn remove it all...

Oh and i get various kinds of migraines (and some ARE hormonal) so its good news your head is good and these cysts could be whats going on with that.... :)

shuggy
08-30-2008, 12:14 AM
i'm so glad your head is good!! a cyst should hopefully be nothing too major.

flyingflower
08-30-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm glad your head is clear and they didn't find anything there...WAIT, I mean that there were no problems.

The "ingrown hair" description from Nancy makes a lot of sense. And like Cindi said, if it was a serious concern, your gyn would have gotten a phone call right away instead of them recommending you go talk to the Dr.

And with all the inconnection of hormones, Stacy likely hit it on the head about the headaches (oops, bad pun).

(((((hugs))))