PDA

View Full Version : Update on our business

toao
09-02-2008, 01:14 PM
First of all, let me say THANK YOU to those of you who sent thoughts and prayers our way last week for our business.

I'm going to make a long story a short one, watch this:

Economy slow = Business slow
Business slow = barely enough money for paychecks last week
Business this week = Better than last week

Yes it was better, but still not "normal". However, with that said, God did answer our prayers in that we had money to cover paychecks and bills this week. And on Friday it was a really good day. (In my opinion. If you ask Billy he would probably still gripe) So, thank you God for answering prayer.

Today is looking good as well and I'm praying the rest of the week is good.

Thanks again.

logcabincreations
09-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Remember the mustard seed faith story; boy is it tough to have even that much faith sometimes. I'm so glad the prayers are working; it's times like this that our faith is really put to the test.

dreis1
09-02-2008, 01:18 PM
You have the key to all this Mary in that you are giving "Thanks" to God for answered prayers. God Bless. Glinda

smkymtsu
09-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi Mary,
Thank you for the update on your prayer request. I see so many requests for prayers on this board and others and it is nice when someone takes the time to let us know the outcone. Being self employed I know how you feel right now. We also have been feeling the "crunch" in business. I also believe in the power of prayer. There has been great concern on how we were going to pay for Tommy to go to art college. A top ten private art college is not cheap and we had to tell Tommy it was way beyond our reach and that he would need to look at other schools. He has worked sooooo hard his entire school life to maintain a high GPA....graduated this past May in the top 6% of his class......only to find out that even in spite of his grades and scholarships he received......he would not be able to go to the school of his dreams for financial reasons. It broke my heart to see him sooo dissapointed. I have prayed and prayed about this. My prayers were answered a week ago when Tommy received a phone call that he is the recipient of a FULL schloraship for 4 years to a top ten art college of his choice. Prayers do get amswered......we just need to believe and keep the faith! I have been crying tears of joy for the past week.

cindi
09-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Mary, I'm glad things are looking better. I hope the econony starts to recover soon..it's tough for everyone right now.
hang in there
:)

cecescraps
09-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Glad to hear things are going better Mary. I will continue to keep you on my prayer list.

logcabincreations
09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
And great news for you Susan on your son's scholarship. That's amazing!! I remember being in your shoes 2 years ago when my oldest son didn't get into the college he wanted, and then he received a full tuition scholarship for 2 years at community college (we would have had to take out a loan.) He finished with an Assoc. Degree in Science and enlisted in the Marines as a Private First Class. I'm still praying that he'll find the right job in the Marine Corps and be able to use his smart mind. But God is good and does answer our prayers...maybe not in the way we think He should sometimes, but I'm a firm believer in "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

toao
09-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi Mary,
Thank you for the update on your prayer request. I see so many requests for prayers on this board and others and it is nice when someone takes the time to let us know the outcone. Being self employed I know how you feel right now. We also have been feeling the "crunch" in business. I also believe in the power of prayer. There has been great concern on how we were going to pay for Tommy to go to art college. A top ten private art college is not cheap and we had to tell Tommy it was way beyond our reach and that he would need to look at other schools. He has worked sooooo hard his entire school life to maintain a high GPA....graduated this past May in the top 6% of his class......only to find out that even in spite of his grades and scholarships he received......he would not be able to go to the school of his dreams. It broke my heart to see him sooo dissapointed. I have prayed and prayed about this. My prayers were answered a week ago when Tommy received a phone call that he is the recipient of a FULL schloraship for 4 years to a top ten art college of his choice. Prayers do get amswered......we just need to believe and keep the faith! I have been crying tears of joy for the past week.

Oh Susan, how wonderful! I have tears of joy for you...and Tommy of course! He totally deserves that scholarship. He truly is a talented artist. Just the other day a lady from my church that does beautiful crafts was looking at my ATC's and I was able to show her 3 that Tommy made and she was just wowed by them. I'm so happy to have a few little pieces of his art. Tell him I said hello.

emmcee
09-02-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm glad to hear Mary that your business is picking up some. I've walked in those shoes with Paul so many times. God does answer our prayers, sometimes not immediately, but he does answer.

Susan, it's so good to hear that Tommy got a full scholarship. How wonderful. I love to hear when kids do well and are able to reap rewards of thier hard work.

Paula Carden
09-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Susan congrats to you and your family! That is a wonderful opportunity-faith is the key there!

Mary-I hope that soon you will not have these day to day concerns so you can just get on with living.
The economy is very slow and in my business that is when we have more clients but we are busy enough to not need the economic downturn.

Hope things will be back to normal soon for you too Susan.

teabear
09-02-2008, 07:36 PM
It's so nice to read a bit of good news. So glad business is a bit better, Mary. I hope it continues to improve.

Wow, Susan, what an exciting time for your family. Congrats to your DS and to his mom who put in lots of hard work getting him here.

Far North
09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Oh Mary it is so very good to hear brighter news...it is so very hard to not be able to make ends meet. Your family/business has been in my prayers.

Susan, oh you must be beaming with this blessing! What joyful news for your son! And continued prayers that your business improves too!