PDA

View Full Version : I am LOVING my Copic Markers

directmailscrapper
09-02-2008, 10:20 PM
After visiting the I Like Markers blog, I have been following some of her advice and WOW! I really LOVE my Copics! I'm getting better at blending them and the colors are amazing. The key is that you have to saturate your paper (it turns almost gray) and then you can move the color around.

Is anyone else falling in love with their Copics???

GSMom385
09-02-2008, 10:23 PM
I am in love too

kerry
09-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Oh, I've loved them for a long time...Yes, saturate, saturate, saturate. I think I've got all but three of the Ciao markers now...I can't get enough!

I'll be going to the copic certification class in october (Charleston, SC).

Kerry

kimmyqtgirl
09-02-2008, 10:41 PM
I would love to get more they are just a little bit out of my price range for now, BUT I am trying to start up a little fund so I can get some :) I would love to take one of the classes - Kerry you are so lucky!!!

Fief14
09-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Nancy, what's this I Like Markers blog you're talking about. Do you have a link? I just bought the Bic Markers everyone raved about & I'd like to try her advice with them.

tesschap
09-03-2008, 12:08 AM
I love my Copics. I joined GinaK's Copic Marker club and was able to get a full set in six months for $25.00 per month. I just received my first six of my second set over the weekend :)

1of2shoes
09-03-2008, 01:40 AM
Jennifer, I know you asked Nancy, but I happen to have the link handy:
http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/

It's habit-forming! Matter of fact, I am giving up my Prisma markers for Copics. I'm keeping my Prisma pencils, but I do like the Copic markers better, especially that brush tip.

Kokopelli
09-03-2008, 05:07 AM
I know nothing about Copic markers except what I've read here at SS. Does the ink last a long time to compensate for the huge price tag? What makes them so expensive?

Paula Carden
09-03-2008, 05:51 AM
Kerry
What does it mean for certification?
I would love to take a class about coloring with markers etc...
That is a great website-thanks Debbie and Nancy for bringing it to us.
I have added it to my fav's so when I have a minute I can go back and practice some of those techniques.

ccstampin12
09-03-2008, 07:39 AM
I am SO loving my Copics....I just ordered a ton more from Dick Blick!
www.dickblick.com (http://www.dickblick.com) (I think that's the site address)
I'll check out those helpful websites.
I almost forgot about my Prisma pencils since I got the Copics!!!
Dick Blick often has a sale...I think I just spent about $4.20 apiece for mine.
Joanie

Suzanne
09-03-2008, 07:40 AM
I know nothing about Copic markers except what I've read here at SS. Does the ink last a long time to compensate for the huge price tag? What makes them so expensive?

Not sure if they last longer. I assume that would depend on how often you use them. But they are refillable and you can replace the nibs when they get worn out. That is how they end up being cheaper since you don't have to replace the whole marker when it runs out or the nib gets all funky.

Suzanne
09-03-2008, 07:41 AM
I must be the only person not using these markers. I bought some a while back and then sold them much to my ds's chagrin. He does a lot of anime drawing and was loving them.

Mrs. Fence
09-03-2008, 09:20 AM
:idea:I wonder if these tips will work for the bic mark it pens? I think I may have to try it, as I only have a couple of Copics, but a whole set of bics.

directmailscrapper
09-03-2008, 10:35 AM
The thing I learned about Copics -- if you just use them like regular markers, they are great but expensive. Once you figure out the secrets, they are DA BOMB! :-)

I recently tried some of my Copics techniques with my Prisma Markers (since I already had about 2 dozen of them when I discovered Copics) and that worked as well. So I'm hanging on to my Prisma markers -- at least for now.

Christie
09-03-2008, 10:44 AM
I've been wanting to try them but they cost so much. I could buy one at a time but that would take forever.

directmailscrapper
09-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Christie -- or anyone wanting to TRY Copics -- buy a couple of skin colors. Copics have the BEST skin colors and you can blend them. If you buy them one at a time, go for the lighter colors. You can then add shading with your Prisma pencils.

Christie
09-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Christie -- or anyone wanting to TRY Copics -- buy a couple of skin colors. Copics have the BEST skin colors and you can blend them. If you buy them one at a time, go for the lighter colors. You can then add shading with your Prisma pencils.

That's a good idea!! I might have to break down and buy myself one!

directmailscrapper
09-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Don't buy ONE - -you need to buy TWO so you can blend them, silly!

Christie
09-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Don't buy ONE - -you need to buy TWO so you can blend them, silly!

LOL!! You are such an enabler!!!!

kerry
09-04-2008, 10:19 PM
The certification class teaches you many techniques that you will be able to teach in classes. Your certification means that you will be listed as a certified instructor and will be able to/asked to demo and teach classes at stores and other places of interest.

I also like to use my copics along with the MWCT. Combining marker blending AND colored pencil blending in one piece really looks nice!

Kerry

CharleneC
01-03-2009, 08:00 PM
I got my first set today and I am in love. I had some trouble at first but as soon as I reviewed the "I love markers" website I was on my way. Yay.

directmailscrapper
01-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Charlene -- you go girl! It does take practice, and I've had a lot of practice, but I still have a lot to learn!

Mrs. StampFantasy
01-04-2009, 05:40 AM
The Copics stand on my wish list, but in Germany they are very expensive.:sad:

Deborah
01-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Nancy wrote: The thing I learned about Copics -- if you just use them like regular markers, they are great but expensive. Once you figure out the secrets, they are DA BOMB!

Hmmm, okay Nancy, so what are the "secrets?" I bought my first set yesterday, hope they're worth the $$!! :cute: