PDA

View Full Version : Jordan's 7th grade science teacher

logcabincreations
09-05-2008, 09:36 AM
sent me an email yesterday :wideeyed: and I thought before I opened it "oh no....what has he done?" lol

Here's what it said:

Just wanted to say hi! Jordan is a mess and I really enjoy having him in class. Especially all dressed up in a tie. Kelly Morck (I wrote her back and said "whew...I thought he was in trouble or something and yes...he is a mess...ha ha")

Yesterday was Jordan's first football game, and the whole team had to wear dress pants, shirt and tie to school. They lost 44-26, but he said he LOVES FOOTBALL and wants to play all through high school and even in college.

Vintagegal
09-05-2008, 09:39 AM
That's classy! (Having the players dress up nicely). What fun! Sorry they lost, though. Still, I think it's awesome that the kids get dressed up and show their pride for their team!

logcabincreations
09-05-2008, 09:41 AM
That's classy! (Having the players dress up nicely). What fun! Sorry they lost, though. Still, I think it's awesome that the kids get dressed up and show their pride for their team!

I think it's great too, although I didn't like that the coach gave us 1 day's notice, and I had to go buy him a shirt and tie. (That's a man for ya.) Also, they must keep their grades C or above or no playing time on the field. Our school adopted the "Be An 11" a couple years ago, and it's a great program for boosting the morale of the teams.

Spartymom
09-05-2008, 09:42 AM
In high school, we always had to dress up. I'm glad kids are still doing that today. Why was he a mess? was it from doing a science project?

logcabincreations
09-05-2008, 09:43 AM
In high school, we always had to dress up. I'm glad kids are still doing that today. Why was he a mess? was it from doing a science project?

Here "being a mess" means that a person is likable/lovable and is fun to be around.

Vintagegal
09-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Here "being a mess" means that a person is likable/lovable and is fun to be around.

Is this a new "phrase" that kids are using? Or, is this a common "phrase" used in your area of the country? I've never heard of this before, either.

logcabincreations
09-05-2008, 09:54 AM
I have heard this all my life. Being a "mess" can mean two different things. The other meaning would be that someone has screwed up their life in some fashion. When you say it in fun, it means the person is well liked or is quite a character or has a funny personality. Jordan can be a low-key class clown...lol

directmailscrapper
09-05-2008, 10:37 AM
What a great e-mail to get from a teacher at the beginning of the year! Sounds like a caring, respectful teacher!

flyingflower
09-05-2008, 10:38 AM
How kewl!

Jordan is definately "likable/lovable and is fun to be around" and I can't wait to spend time around him again soon.

logcabincreations
09-05-2008, 10:44 AM
What a great e-mail to get from a teacher at the beginning of the year! Sounds like a caring, respectful teacher!

I've known her several years but not in the classroom. Her husband coaches soccer, and my Jacob had him as a coach in high school. Also, Kelly's brother-in-law is Billy Morck who graduated with my Jacob, and they were co-captains of the soccer team their senior year.

At school open house when we walked into her classroom she said "I wondered if he was one of "those" Stinnette boys".......and she laughed. Jordan said he really likes her, so I hope he does well in her class this year.

logcabincreations
09-05-2008, 10:44 AM
How kewl!

Jordan is definately "likable/lovable and is fun to be around" and I can't wait to spend time around him again soon.

And he and Harry get along wonderfully too :D

My3Ds
09-05-2008, 12:13 PM
I understand about the shirt, tie, etc. I'm not sure if the coach waited until the last minute last year or if my ds did. I kept asking if he had to have them since that was the norm when I was in hs, but that was over 20 yrs. ago. I'm ready for this year though. Glad your ds likes playing football. Team sports are an awesome experience.

logcabincreations
09-05-2008, 02:05 PM
I was at the parent meeting the day before the game...that's when I found out about the shirt/tie, but I guess I should ask Jordan if he knew about it earlier...lol