PDA

View Full Version : Update on my mom...

shurlyjean
09-05-2008, 09:58 PM
I was with my mom today. We saw the dr. and surgeon. Her surgery will be next Friday where they will remove the growth on her colon and her gallbladder. The colon growth does have cancer cells, but they are thinking it is localized and she has had it for years, this is where she has been loosing blood. She wants it "out."

My mom is a HUGE worrier... so this last week was pretty tough on her. They took her off her blood pressure and diabetes pills... and the BP was fine!!! Also her kidneys are doing better... Her hemoglobin was OK too, so she won't need a transfusion before the surgery. The dr. told her not to worry about blood sugar,,, it has been way too low for a long time because she was afraid she would have to go insulin. Her job for the next week will be to get her strength increased... all the worrying got her so she didn't want to eat and lost 9 pounds.

I will go down for the surgery and when she returns home. The dr. wanted her to drink Carnation Instant Breakfast 3x a day along with other other food.

Thanks for your prayers.

Shirley

cindi
09-05-2008, 10:19 PM
thanks for the update Shirley.
I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.
I will say this again..it's so hard to see out parents getting older and their health declining.
hugs

directmailscrapper
09-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Shirley, hope your mother has successful surgery and is up and about in a jiff!

teabear
09-06-2008, 12:55 AM
I hope the surgery is smooth and successful Shirley. Sending you hugs to help you get through the weeks ahead.

dreis1
09-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Hugs and prayers for all of you. Glinda

ccstampin12
09-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Good luck to your Mom!
I'll be thinking about you both!
HUGS
Joanie