PDA

View Full Version : how is YOUR eyesight?

GrammaStamper
09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Does anybody find they need a magnifying glass for colouring images, especially the smaller ones like Bella stamps and stuff? I think my eyes really need help!

Artyfarty
09-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Im at that age where i need glasses to read and yup to colour certain smaller images and im only 45 lol the joys of aging lol hot flushes next hmmmmm can,t wait!!!

workin4stamps
09-08-2008, 04:09 PM
I don't want to brag or anything, but my vision is 20/20 since I had my eye surgery!!!! No problems reading or anything. Yippee!!

:-)

CharityHand
09-08-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm near sighted so I'm "supposed" to be able to see well up close, but I do find that I miss spots and don't notice until I take a picture and enlarge it on my computer. LOL

Christie
09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I have to wear my glasses to see things far away. I wear them all the time except when I'm sleeping of course. I don't need them to read or color but can wear them to do it too.

flyingflower
09-08-2008, 04:27 PM
LOL - we just got new monitors at work and I changed the fonts to x-Large!
yup, reading glasses over my contacts for small work

iloveflipflops
09-08-2008, 04:41 PM
I MUST wear my glasses to stamp, read ALL THE TIME now. I still see ok when driving but do need them at night. The joys of being over 4-0!!!

cecescraps
09-08-2008, 04:53 PM
I had Lasik surgery about 5 years ago and up until the last few months had better than 20-20. NOW, I just noticed last week that when I hold things really close to my face they are blurry. BOO HOO!!! I don't want to have to wear glasses again.

iloveflipflops
09-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Cathi, i see you have a birthday coming up? How old are you going to be? If you are getting close to 45, that's what i say it is ... hee hee... sorry but that's the culprit. At least that's it with me ... 45 ... waaah!!!

cecescraps
09-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Sherri, I'll be 44 on the big day this year. So, therefore, I should have one more year of NO GLASSES!!! LOL

iloveflipflops
09-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Oh Yes I just saw that. So I am WAY ahead of you. I just turned 45 this year so please excuse me... you are safe!!!! LOL

dreis1
09-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Yes I need a maginfying glass to read just about anything. It is very difficult to focus on smaller images to color them. Am thinking I may have to go to all one color stamping. Boo Hoo. Glinda

lakeslady
09-08-2008, 05:51 PM
I started to wear glasses for reading when I was 43, but I put that down to the amount of documents and contracts I was reading at work.

Now ????? years on and being long sighted I need my glasses to read, and craft but not to drive.
I do not use a magnifying glass to colour, but here is what I do.
I but a cheaper pair of glasses from the chemist ( I think you call them ready readers) BUT I use an extra .25 lens stronger than I have been perscribed for anything else. Oh yes, and I would not want to manage without my OFT light.

suzi_f
09-08-2008, 07:37 PM
I got glasses when ds was born 11 years ago (almost 10 now!) When I quit work about 7 years ago, i stopped wearing them 'cause I wasn't doing as much "eye work". Well, in Jan, I noticed I was having probs seeing somethings at work. Low & behold, I needed STRONGER glasses. Now, I've gotten to the point that I can't see much close stuff w/o them. I'm thinking I need to get bifocals w/plain glass for distance. Wherever I am, my glasses are somewhere else. I swear I'm gonna by 100 pairs of the reading glasses from Walmart/Target and keep them EVERYWHERE!!!

cindi
09-08-2008, 07:54 PM
I have 20/20 vision..ii's just all screwed up sonce I am dyslexic..so glasses are not going to help me!
lol
:)

Inkisallover
09-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I have had glassed since I was 11 or 12. I've had bi-focals for about 10 years and I think I'm going to have to get tri-focals next.

Suzanne
09-08-2008, 09:12 PM
So far so good. Last exam showed 20/20 still. But I do find I get eyestrain much more easily now and that makes it hard to see clearly when it get bad.

ellie
09-08-2008, 10:22 PM
I have contacs...bifocal. Depending on how tired I am, or the lighting, sometimes I wear those magnifying glasses too. When I bead, it is all I can do to thread the needle even with the magnifying glass!

stampinmom3
09-09-2008, 05:07 AM
Well, I'll be 41 this year, and I can tell a BIG difference in my eyes. It drives me nuts!! I can't even see the page numbers on my catalog when I'm doing a Close to my Heart gathering. That's nice huh? LOL The girls always get a kick out of it, but it is frustrating. But, then I tell myself there are lots of people who would love to have the ability to open their eyes each day and see at all, so I shouldn't complain.

loobylou
09-09-2008, 09:06 AM
I use the magnifying lense that came with my OTT light (daylight lamp) for colouring. It takes a bit of getting used to, but I wouldn't be without it now.

logcabincreations
09-09-2008, 09:08 AM
I just went to the eye dr. 2 weeks ago, and bi-focals have been ordered. Far away is blurry and close up is blurry ~~ sigh~~

teabear
09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I wear reader glasses for all my crafting. Honestly I can't see a thing without them. I'm up to 2.0 magnification now :)

mom_on_line
09-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I wear bifocal contacts. I'm at the point now that I can forget trying to read the names of lipsticks most times. I guess if I want the same one, I'd just have to bring it to the store with me.

Forget trying to read street signs most times if I'm trying to see what street's coming up, especially if we're going somewhere new. Thank goodness for the gps.

emmcee
09-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I've been wearing glasses since I was 4 and bifocals since 18, I'm now 56. My eye dr. keeps like a 6 month check on my eyes due to glaucoma in the family and my diabetes. I need new glasses, too.