PDA

View Full Version : please say a little prayer for me today

logcabincreations
09-10-2008, 10:26 AM
I've been having some blood pressure problems, and I have scheduled a dr.'s appointment. I know some of it has been stress, but I also know some of it is because of my weight. It also runs in my family.

My duties as treasurer for the high school PTA ended June 30, but I am still finishing up the notebook for audit which is due to the auditor this afternoon.

Also, I am secretary for Roanoke District PTA, and that job doesn't end until April, 2009. We have a meeting this evening and I still have to type the minutes from the last meeting and get them copied. The meeting is at a school 1 hour from me and I had to mapquest directions.

So I won't be around today, but I could really use some prayers that my blood pressure comes down. I can tell it is up because I feel a little "panicky" and my head hurts a little, and I'm sure it is because I have so much on plate today. Once I get those minutes typed and the notebook finished, I hope I'll feel a lot better.

I also had a crying spell...well I'm sure you all know why.

Thank you.

flyingflower
09-10-2008, 10:32 AM
oh, sweetie pie, (((((hugs)))))

mom_on_line
09-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Sending you prayers and a big {{{{{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Even though you have so much to do, try to sit for a few minutes every hour and just close your eyes and breath.

You'll get through it ok. We're all sending you good thoughts.

toao
09-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Praying for you. I love Yvonne's suggestion. Take a few minutes each hour to just breathe and relax. You may need to lighten the load by asking someone to take over one of those responsibilities....I know how hard that is. (Been there) Don't overload yourself.....I'll be praying.

cindi
09-10-2008, 10:58 AM
aww.. I'll send up a prayer for you,
take care sis
:)

GrammaStamper
09-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Jan, sending hugs and prayers for you.

Mrs. StampFantasy
09-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Hugs and kisses from me!!!

loobylou
09-10-2008, 11:32 AM
((Hugs)) take some time for yourself Jan- Take off your Wonderwoman costume for a few hours and relax.

jazzypurple853
09-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending hugs.

mydogstinks2
09-10-2008, 11:49 AM
sending you a big hug. You'll make it through the day, trust me I've had many like it too!

logcabincreations
09-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks everyone. The minutes are typed (woo hoo). Now to finish the notebook. My heart still feels like it is pounding and my head hurts a little, but I am going to take a breather and lie down on the couch for a bit.

I am gradually stepping out of school PTA volunteer work...I'm not an officer on the PTA board at my son's school this year. Only a committee member with after prom party and passing all my knowledge (ha!) to the new after prom chair. We have a breakfast meeting in October.

I'll be really happy when April 09 gets here because my duties as secretary for Roanoke District PTA end, and I am going to Palooza!

Artyfarty
09-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Arms wide open ......))))) xxxx ((((( huge hug comming at ya .

workin4stamps
09-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Oh Jan....I'm so sorry. Sometimes I feel just the way you do, so I can understand what you're going through. I'm sending you a big hug!!! I'm also hoping that your headache goes away and your blood pressure goes down!!

:-)

Traci

Vintagegal
09-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Jan, Sending you good thoughts and prayers at this time. Take care, and I hope you have a relaxing day, tomorrow.

hutchink
09-10-2008, 03:29 PM
oh Sis- praying and sending you a BIG HUG!

IMBlessed5
09-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Jan, sure hope your BP comes down soon! My mom has high BP and takes meds for it, but she does have days like you did today. Bad headache and all! I tell DH - see what I'm gonna be like in another 20 years?!

Sure hope you are feeling better now!

scrapsoon
09-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Big hugs for you,keep you in my prayers

shuggy
09-10-2008, 07:51 PM
big hugs to you, jan.

directmailscrapper
09-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Jan, you need to take time for YOU! Would taking a walk help your BP? Exercise can help your mood and your BP! (like I'm one to talk...)

logcabincreations
09-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Felt a little better this evening. Hopefully some sleep will help and I'll feel better in the morning.

Paula Carden
09-11-2008, 07:05 AM
Jan thinking of you! Isn't it amazing all the little projects that we take on- we are woman-we can do it all.
Take it easy on yourself-it is probably a good distraction for you right now with your son being away.

tesschap
09-11-2008, 08:43 AM
How are you doing today Jan? I know we all think that we're wonder woman and some of our stress is self inflicted - at least that's true for me.

I hope you are feeling better.

toao
09-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Just checking in on you Jan. How are you today?

logcabincreations
09-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Morning girls. This morning I think my blood pressure is down and I don't have a headache, but my left eye hurts a little. I called my dr.'s office and I have a 7:15am appointment Friday morning.

Thanks so much for your prayers. I left the meeting early last night (after doing what I had to do), and I finished the notebook. I talked with the auditor and she is in no big hurry for it, so I had a little more time to finish and will give it to her on Friday.

On the bright side, we received 2 letters from Jacob yesterday...one addressed to us and one addressed to our youth group at church. I will share these in a separate thread.