PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Ok, Ok, why are you all talking about Bic Markers?

directmailscrapper
09-12-2008, 07:30 PM
I have seen several cards in the Gallery where you have used Bic Markers. I saw them in the store. What makes them special? Do you like them? Do I "need" them??? (I have NO room for another type of coloring device...):wub:

ccstampin12
09-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Ummmm....haven't noticed these.....I, too, need NO more coloring pens/markers.....I certainly hope this isn't something I'll be driven to need....peer pressure you know!
LOL
Joanie

cindi
09-12-2008, 07:35 PM
ok, I'm no expert, but as far as I can tell they are alcohol based..like prisma & copics..but way cheaper. so if you like those types of markers, and want to add to your collection. then you may want to check them out
:)

Vintagegal
09-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Nancy, I played with a set at work (my coworker brought them in). They're just like Sharpies, but DELICIOUS colors! She bought her set at Walgreens for $15, I believe. It was a set of 24 markers. I HAVE to have these (I don't own Sharpies). If I had a choice between Sharpies and Bic markers, I'd buy the Bic markers. I doodled on a sheet of overhead transparency and I LOVED them!

Think of coloring on dominoes, or coloring in an image that was stamped on glossy cardstock. Yummy!

krcrafts
09-12-2008, 07:55 PM
I bought a set of 36 at Target for about $20 and love them! Good variety of colors and they'll definitely make do until I can save the $$ for Copics :)

CharityHand
09-12-2008, 07:56 PM
If you already own a wide selection of Copics, then don't worry too much about it. I bought the Sharpie pack when they were on sale at Target. I didn't realize the bics were on sale too. They color beautifully, but I still find myself reaching for the copics. I like the tips on the copics better, but I have gotten great results with the sharpies and work well with the Copic blender.

MsQuesMom
09-12-2008, 07:57 PM
I have a couple of them and a ton of Sharpies. They are pretty much the same, but the BIC's have better colors and are way cheaper.

buggainok
09-12-2008, 09:35 PM
I just refuse, refuse to pay the high price for Copics, so I was thrilled to find the Bics and Sharpies at Target!

They have a lovely selection of colors and I think they color beautifully.

I have even used them to shade images that I've colored with water-based markers, too!

shuggy
09-12-2008, 09:38 PM
i just got them because i don't love the way the tombows leave icky color lines. and i love prismas but they are so much. it's kind of a happy medium.

MMora
09-13-2008, 12:34 AM
I bought these markers when they were on sale at target. I like them but then again I don't have anything to compare them to as I don't own anything else. Prior to the markers I was using color pencils. I found this link that compares Bic Markers to Copic
My cards don't come out as nice as this - but I'm still practicing. :)

http://afterhoursstamper.blogspot.com/2008/06/tutorial-how-to-get-copic-like-results.html

Suzanne
09-13-2008, 07:48 AM
I seen people using these but have not tried them. I too do not want to pay for copics especially since I have every other coloring medium know to man. I'm going to have to look into some of these and try them.

TimeforT
10-24-2008, 05:38 PM
I mix the Bics and my Prisma markers. Works great. Start out using the lighter color and andd the dark accent color then back to the lighter marker to blend the colors! Can't beat the price at all!

workin4stamps
10-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Are they considered a "permanent" marker like a Sharpie then?? Like can you write on plastic and other slick stuff without it smearing???

kimmylynnd
10-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I have been searching for these markers in Halifax. I have only found a package of 12. Does anyone know where you can get them in Canada in a bigger package? I really like the ones I have, but would love more colours, and I don't mind doubles, as I can pass them on to someone else!

Thank you in advance!
Kim

limeyscrapper
10-25-2008, 09:38 AM
You can buy a package of 36 colours at Amazon .com for less than $15
Shipping is not bad, and if you order something else, maybe a book, shipping can be free.

shuggy
10-25-2008, 01:59 PM
i must add that i totally love these!!