PDA

View Full Version : Nascar race fans .. the new drag strip opened this week and we can hear the cars

iloveflipflops
09-12-2008, 08:23 PM
going around and around from INSIDE our house... wow, is it loud!! HA

No wonder I have a headache tonight. Its not super loud but i kept hearing this muffled sound and I kept going outside wondering what it was. Sure enough, DH said, that must be the new drag strip. Great, I wonder how late they race tonight. LOL I think it goes on all weekend.

We are not race car fans here. At least I'm not. I know I will not get out in that traffic either.

maxiesmom
09-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Hey, don't put the blame on us Nascar peeps! We make our loud noises during the day. Well, except for the night races! :laugh: Hope they don't have too many races for you to put up with.

How's the traffic from it?

logcabincreations
09-13-2008, 09:47 AM
I'm so sorry...I sympathize with you where the headache is concerned.

iloveflipflops
09-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I am not going anywhere (except for soccer game today) since our gas prices are through the roof so I have no idea how traffic is. ha

directmailscrapper
09-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Yikes! That sounds like it will take some getting used to! We are about 2 miles from a AA Baseball park that has fireworks several times a month during season. My family will get watching TV and all of a sudden we'll look at each other and say "I didn't know we were going to get a thunder storm tonight?" We are ALWAYS fooled (we must be slow learners). There is also a freight train that moves through our area (about a mile from us) in the middle of the night. It's weird, because I'm pretty sure it goes through every night, be we only hear it sometimes.