PDA

View Full Version : Just got home OK from MOA

GSMom385
09-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Well the Iowa group just got home from MOA. I think Chelsea left before us earlier in the day but I didn't see any posts from her being home yet. Chelsea if you read this all we heard on the way home was how cool you were that you searched out the checker flag ribbon special for Suzanne. You have made a friend for life!!! She went on and on and on.....well you know how she is when she gets on a roll. We stayed to the bitter end, with hopes of snagging some freebies. We got some paper and chipboard that was about it, oh and more ribbon. We did get to finish all the make and takes that had huge lines in the very end because everyone bailed out of there and then when we hit the road we knew why it thinned so much. The Vikings were playing today and the traffic was horrible!!! We ended up stopping in Medford again and letting some of it thin out a bit before we continued. I dropped Suzanne off at 9:30 and Tracy shortly after that and I just got done unloading my van here at home. I am exhausted but man did we have fun!!

I am going to hit the hay and tackle posting in the am. I have to return tables first thing in the morning that I borrowed to create our mega crafting room at the hotel, but after I get back home from doing that I will post our creations. I have Monday and Tuesday off of work to play and organize my new stuff back into my stamping room.

MidwestStamper
09-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Glad to hear that you all made it home safely! Too bad about the traffic from the Vikings game!

I can't believe you did ALL of the projects! That's alot of standing around and waiting!

My friend Cindy got to meet and talk with Tim Holtz Saturday afternoon. She even got a hug from him and he gave her the project he had been demo-ing! Man, is she a lucky gal!

I had some Greek food for lunch and then a Hagen-Daz ice cream cone--then I called my DH for a ride home so I was home on Saturday by 2:00. That's all I had energy for!

teabear
09-15-2008, 11:07 AM
It sounds like a wonderful time!

ccstampin12
09-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Glad you are all safe and sound!
HUGS
Joanie

GrammaStamper
09-15-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm glad you're home safe and sound, even though tired. Nothing like a weekend with Shackies at MOA to cheer up anybody.

hutchink
09-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Chelsea is home- she stopped in Janesville to see me and have a starbuck before getting home! I love all the fun stuff you gals did! Looks like a super fun weekend that I missed :cry:

spredbirds
09-15-2008, 02:31 PM
I did make it home Cindy (I left MOA around 2:30) .... you and the Iowa girls were soooo much fun too.

I was glad that I snagged the last of that checked ribbon for Suzanne ... I knew you guys wanted it ... maybe you can make her share!!!

Hoping you got to make the Reminisce Owl notebook yesterday (they changed the theme to owls) ... sorry you didn't get even more FREE stuff yesterday.

I didn't hit the Vikings traffic or anything like that but it was wicked rainy weather again for my drive. UGH!!!

I did meet up with Kim on the way home (since she was vicariously living through the MOA event through me :) and I showed her ALL of the stuff we made and bought!

Hope you get some good rest today ... it's back to work for me :( ... and I feel like a need a vacation from my vacation right now (from lack of sleep :))

Paula Carden
09-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Sounds like you all had a great time! I am going to have to go one of these years!
All the make and takes-wowsie-
Maybe you will get to post your projects so we all live vicarously through you lucky guys!!
Glad you are home-safe and sound and very glad you had a great time-Did you buy lots?

Firecracker
09-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I can't wait to see what you make with your new stuff. Hugs, Heather

cindi
09-15-2008, 07:49 PM
glad to see you ladies made it home safe AND SOUND! SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL. i LOVED the pics in the gallery
:)

GSMom385
09-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Paula, I updated my blog with the make and take board photos from the event if you want to see the projects.

Paula Carden
09-16-2008, 06:50 AM
WOW TFS-that was a lot of make and takes- also a lot of stuff in the back of the van! That took some careful packing!