PDA

View Full Version : People can be so dumb

maxiesmom
09-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Ok, so my boss(doctor) went into the hospital last Thurs. night. We cancelled our Monday surgeries on Friday. Now anyone our receptionist didn't get hold of, she tried a second time before leaving for the day on Friday. Then she tried them again first thing this morning.
Sure enough one of our patients comes strolling in with other people. Michelle immediately says to him that you didn't receive any of the THREE messages I left for you??? Explains the situation, double checks what phone number we have for him. He says "well that's my home number" and his tone of voice is saying 'why would you even think of calling me there' Umm, well this is the only number you gave us to contact you at, where were we supposed to call you?

We were cracking up over this for the rest of the day, but you called me at home? What were you thinking? :goofy:

irishchristine
09-15-2008, 04:20 PM
too funny!

shadoob
09-15-2008, 04:25 PM
amen sister! I work with parents going through high conflict custody battles and I had a doozy this morning myself....

flyingflower
09-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Duh!!!!!!!!!

cindi
09-15-2008, 05:02 PM
sounds like a real Einstien there!
lol
:confused:

Paula Carden
09-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Too funny-sounds like some of the client's don't really think you would ever want to call them.

My3Ds
09-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Too funny! Now that's it over. I'm sure the receptionist wasn't too thrilled at the time.

workin4stamps
09-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Don't even get me started on the general public!!!

Firecracker
09-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Some people.... Hugs, Heather

loobylou
09-15-2008, 07:48 PM
hey we have the same problem here with parents wondering why you didn't call on their mobile phone- "um, because the number you gave us is disconnected!!!"
"oh, that's my old number, why didn't you call my new number?- oh, well I didn't know you didn't have my new number!!!"

Like it's all my fault!

maxiesmom
09-15-2008, 08:19 PM
hey we have the same problem here with parents wondering why you didn't call on their mobile phone- "um, because the number you gave us is disconnected!!!"
"oh, that's my old number, why didn't you call my new number?- oh, well I didn't know you didn't have my new number!!!"

Like it's all my fault!

OMG! You're not kidding! With having to cancel all of Friday and then Monday, you would NOT believe how many people we were not able to get hold of because the number was no longer in service. Or even better the message ' this phone is not accepting calls at this time' ,what the heck does that mean? She was getting really frustrated having to make all those calls.

logcabincreations
09-15-2008, 09:22 PM
good grief!!