PDA

View Full Version : Yikes! Corey had to drop a class!

tojoco
09-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Poor Corey is overwhelmed with his studies. He kept all his advanced core classes but had to drop his elective. He said between his homework and crew practice (which is every night for 2 hours) there just wasn't enough time in the day for him to do it all. He said he will pick it up again next semester. Corey breezed through high school with practically no homework so now I think things are a whole lot different for him in college.

BTW, does anyone live near Chattanooga, TN? Corey has his first crew competition at the University of Tennessee in Chattanooga on October 11th. I am going to try to make it there. It's a 5 hour drive for me so I guess I'll have to sleep over somewhere. I'd love to meet up with a shackie.

cindi
09-15-2008, 10:36 PM
well Joanne, it's a good reflection on your parenthood that Corey recognizes that his plate is too full..so instead of doing a half @ssed job on everything he is doing whta is best for his majors. kudos for Corey, and way to go Mom..you have tought him well!
:teacher:

workin4stamps
09-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Good for him! Sounds like he made the right choice!!

Kreative Dryve
09-15-2008, 11:19 PM
I am going to be in the same boat after the 29th, between taking 17 credits and all my nursing clinical I am going to be stretched to my limit.
I also have to say kudos for him making such and adult decision.
You have quite the kid. I wish I lived close by, I would let you stay with me.

cecescraps
09-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Joanne, I'm not there yet but, we are moving there next summer. So, hopefully, Corey will do Crew again next year and we can get together and play. You have a place all reserved for NEXT year-okay!?! :) Tom actually starts on Sept. 29th but, he doesn't have an apt or anything yet.

emmcee
09-16-2008, 05:32 AM
Ditto as to what Cindi said. You have a great kid, Joanne.

My3Ds
09-16-2008, 08:25 AM
What a smart kid to know when and what class to drop. I hope you get to go to his comp.

GrammaStamper
09-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Corey certainly has his head on straight. Well done to you both!

logcabincreations
09-16-2008, 09:04 AM
The first semester in a new place with new people is always a big adjustment, but sounds like he chose well to drop the elective.

teabear
09-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Smart move. The first term of college is such an adjustment, it's better to start with a lighter load.

cecescraps
09-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Totally agree with all of the above ~ 1. Corey is a great guy. 2. Very Smart to drop a class rather than do poorly or not to his standards., 3. Shows a lot of maturity for recognizing this! , 4. First semester is a HUGE adjustment. and 5. You should be very proud of Corey!!

tojoco
09-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Wow. I have to say that you girls totally turned things around for me. I thought it was a bad thing to drop a class but after reading all your comments, I'm glad he made a good choice that won't harm how he takes his classes.