PDA

View Full Version : Versafine Ink

inkinupstamps
10-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Sherry recommended using Versafine Ink for the Santa image and I thought this might be a good place (stamping techniques) to recommend this ink to people who are just beginning to try out and learn about all of the different types of ink on the market.

Once I discovered Versafine I use it on all of my finely detailed stamps. Who'da thunk ink could be so different, but it is! And Versafine is just as its name implies: it is versatile and will give fine, detailed stamps very clear, crisp stamped images.

Just a suggestion to those new to stamping that your choice of ink does indeed make a difference as to the appearance of your stamped image. Versafine isn't for everything, but if you have an image that is finely detailed and you don't want heavily inked images, this will give you a hand drawn look to the impression.

So there you go...now there are even more supplies to add to your shopping list, along with pigment inks, versamark, dye inks, stazon....yep...you NEED them all! (tell your husband or significant other they are a necessity, just like a specific size screw or nut or bolt!) I'm just trying to enable you here!

cindi
10-19-2006, 10:40 AM
for the advice. I have 2 of these inks and 'Duh" I didn't even know what they were designed to do! LOL Thanks:D

stampcrazyjulie
10-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks, Jennifer for the info! I must run to the LSS and pick some up now! Great analogy I will have to tell my DH this the next time he questions WHY I need to go buy something new, when I have something similar already! :) (Silly Men!)

shuggy
10-19-2006, 11:10 AM
thanks, jennifer! i never realized that. now i can go use my coupon and get one!!

angie

dgbearsmom
10-19-2006, 11:46 AM
As I have only been stamping for a few months, there seems to be an awful lot I don't know. I knew the difference in dye ink and pigment ink, but that's about it. This is very, very helpful!

I don't think I've told you this yet, but I have learned a lot from you from reading your posts and looking at your beautiful work. You inspire me!

Judy

ctinyjoy
10-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Black and Vintage Sepia. Sherry recommended this color for the Santa image. I love it and use it often.

Alli
10-19-2006, 12:45 PM
I really do not know how anyone manages without a versafine, especially a black versafine. It is waterproof as well, so you can watercolor with it and it doesn't run, it dries almost immediately and it doesn't stink like the black Stazon.:D