PDA

View Full Version : Still cannot view swap board

ccstampin'
12-20-2006, 11:35 AM
It looks like I could post a swap, as that screen comes up. But the swap board and the comments board show a database error.
I don't think it's something I do wrong...I just click on it and that's what comes up.
I'll work with you, but don't know what to do.
Joanie

teabear
12-20-2006, 11:40 AM
that's a stinker! I wish you could see it...there are a few swaps there. I hope someone can help you.

Sherry
12-20-2006, 11:56 AM
It looks like I could post a swap, as that screen comes up. But the swap board and the comments board show a database error.
I don't think it's something I do wrong...I just click on it and that's what comes up.
I'll work with you, but don't know what to do.
Joanie

I'm sorry, Joanie. I don't know what to tell you. I have checked and re-checked the swap board with both IE and Mozilla and it is working. There are no database errors showing on my end and, since others are using the swap board also, I am quite sure the problem is not on our end. Just so you know, some AOL users experience issues when trying to use a vBulletin board period and the issues are totally the fault of AOL and not our website. I wish I could help you out. Perhaps you can try accessing the swaps from an IE browser instead of the AOL one.

Mark
12-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Joanie,

Try explicitly logging out of stamp-shack.com. You do that by clicking on the "Log out" option at the top right in the menu bar. You should get a message that says something like "all cookies have been cleared." Then log back in and try the swap board again.

I don't know if that will solve your problem or not, but it might. Most of the major challenges I have had getting this swap board to work with the vBulletin software have been related to its handling of sessions and cookies. I'm not sure that my solutions are bulletproof and you may have found a gap in my integration. Logging out and back in will clear your session and cookies and let you start fresh.

If that doesn't work, please get me as much detailed info as you can about what error(s) you are getting and where you are getting them and I'll look into it. You can email me through this forum's email function or directly at [email protected].

Sherry is being gracious to me by not asking me to provide direct support for every problem every person has, but I'll try. I'm not making any promises, but I'll do what I can. I want this to work for everybody if possible.

Sherry
12-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Thanks so much for your assistance on this one, Mark. I really appreciate it.

ccstampin'
12-20-2006, 02:22 PM
I hope I can remember my password for when I log out!!!!
I may never be found again!
I'll try it!
Joanie

ccstampin'
12-20-2006, 02:28 PM
and back in, and it still won't work.
Joanie