PDA

View Full Version : Would you wear this? (latest loom knit project)

patcreates
09-20-2008, 12:14 PM
I am trying to come up with ideas that would sell at a craft fair. I have made lots of hats recently (posted on blog), but yesterday I made this neck cuff (from a pattern in one of my books). It feels really cozy on the neck and I think its a nice alternative to a scarf, but I am wondering what others think. Would you wear this? What would you pay for it?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/patcreates/neckcuff.jpg

Thanks! :)

hutchink
09-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Yes I would totally wear that! It is way cute!

tojoco
09-20-2008, 01:21 PM
I love it and would definitely wear it in cold snowy weather.

buggainok
09-20-2008, 01:23 PM
As my honest opinion, it's cute, but I wouldn't want the hassle of pulling something over my head. But that's just me.:)

Kokopelli
09-20-2008, 01:41 PM
We don't have enough cold weather to use anything like that, but I think the neck wrap paired with a hat is a great idea! While it might be somewhat of a pain to pull over your head, there are plenty of times when you hair is going to get messed up anyway with a hat, etc. Don't see that as a big negative. Hope you do well! I have no idea about pricing.

directmailscrapper
09-20-2008, 02:47 PM
If it was super super stretchy and super soft, I might. I will NOT wear turtlenecks or anything resembling a turtle neck -- because I can't stand anything tight around my neck. But if this wasn't at all restrictive, I think I would actually like it a lot!

pesc
09-20-2008, 03:50 PM
You know up here we are not allowed to send our child to the day care with a scarf because they were some death when the scarf get caught in something and well you know the rest. So We have to use those kind of neck bend for all the kids so I'm pretty sure it would sell... At least up here! LOL But it's warmer I find then a real scarf and really beautiful!

Paula Carden
09-20-2008, 04:00 PM
If it was all one piece and the cuff could really be a scarf to wrap loosely.
Also if you lived where it is really cold or had to be out in the cold it would make me more likely to wear it. I like the one piece hat and scarf. I have paid 25.00 for that and it was not handmade.

IMBlessed5
09-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Well when it's really cold I'll wear a hood or hat and not worry about my hair (which has plenty of static in the winter time anyway). I'd rather not get sick and not worry about having hat head, LOL! Also, there may be some kind of spray you can treat it with to cut down on static at least? I don't know.

Pescale, you bring up a VERY good point! With the cuff there are no loose ends hanging down to get caught in equipment or zippers!

mjbonoan
09-20-2008, 04:12 PM
It's very nice, love the colors and coziness of it. I'd wear it for sure if I lived in "winter" country, but in South Texas we keep the AC on almost year round. Last year we didn't even have freezing temps!!!:worried:

logcabincreations
09-20-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm like Nancy...I would need it to be really stretchy so I don't mess up my hair......I know I know.....but my hair is difficult to fix and once I get it fixed I spray it good with hairspray. But I do wear scarves and would wear this too...especially sitting at a football game in the cold.

MsQuesMom
09-20-2008, 06:27 PM
When it gets enough that you don't care which way your hair blows (I live on a knoll) in the dead of winter, I'd wear it!

Send one to California!

Hugs 8)

shadoob
09-20-2008, 06:27 PM
I would definitely wear one and in fact, I'd like to buy one. I HATE THE WINTER!!!! I'm like Nancy though...not too tight on the neck and it should be soft...cotton? I'd pay more for cotton. I don't like scarves because they are a hassle but I do love having my neck warm.....

patcreates
09-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback!! I really appreciate it!

Its not tight on the neck at all. I tried it on and I have a big neck and I'm comfortable in it. Think of the cuff or band of an adult size hat and if you just pulled that all the way down to your neck.

This is knitted with a soft acrylic yarn. I can't find any of the good quality cotton yarn around here.

Far North
09-20-2008, 07:37 PM
I have a neck ring and love it. It is a tube scarf about 2 1/2 as big as yours. I drop it over my head and crisscross in front and drop it over my head again most of it is around my neck but also fills in any opening at the zipper of my coat. I love not worrying about it slipping off as a scarf often does as I move about.

MidwestStamper
09-20-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm from Minnesota and this would feel great in the Winter if I was going to be outside for any length of time! When you're standing in the wind it's often hard to keep the neck and chin warm!

Firecracker
09-20-2008, 08:36 PM
I would definitely wear it in cold weather. Very cute. Hugs, Heather

loobylou
09-20-2008, 09:11 PM
I'd wear it to football in winter, Messing up my hair isn't a problem, once I'm out in the wind at the football field my hair goes crazy anyway.

Monkey Love
09-23-2008, 09:31 AM
That is an awesome idea! I like the matching cuff and hat and if it were blue and green (Seahawks colors) I would buy one. What a great reminder about wearing these at a football game...

Go with team colors! You would probably sell a bunch!

limeyscrapper
09-23-2008, 10:47 AM
I would definitely wear it. The matching hat and neck warmer are a great idea. We get some pretty cold weather aound here, but I hate fastening my coat right up to my chin. The fabrics are never cuddly and cosy. This looks like it would fit the bill perfectly.

Patty
09-23-2008, 01:46 PM
I definitely would wear it if I didn't have hot flashes now. I am also a knitter--as soon as I saw it I was thinking I should make them for my dgs. Great job--what brand of yarn is that? It looks so soft and cuddly.

Trishlvscards
09-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I think it is super. But I wouldn't wear it I am weird about putting things on my head because it makes my head sweat and thus ruins my hair but my mom would LOVE it.

babylamb
09-23-2008, 08:42 PM
I'd wear one for sure! They don't call it Winterpeg here for nothing! -40 will be here before we know it!

patcreates
09-24-2008, 08:09 AM
I definitely would wear it if I didn't have hot flashes now. I am also a knitter--as soon as I saw it I was thinking I should make them for my dgs. Great job--what brand of yarn is that? It looks so soft and cuddly.

Thanks! :) It is Bernat Berella 4 and the color is Terracotta Mist. It actually feels softer than the solid Berella colors.

Thanks again everyone for all the feedback! It is appreciated!!

Sherry
09-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Hiya Patti,

I would absolutely wear that! If you do get around to selling them, please contact me. I'd like to buy one.