PDA

View Full Version : We're back! We made 7 blankets for the troops -- I have pictures!

directmailscrapper
09-20-2008, 02:44 PM
WOW! What a day! We were at the church for only about 3 hours -- and working with others -- we made 7 blankets for the wounded troops! There were probably close to 100 people there -- old, young, teenagers, lots of Girl Scouts, a few men. No idea of how many blankets they will have when they are done, but I'll bet they make more than their 200 blanket goal!

One of the hits of the day were these marvelous and gorgeous handmade notecards -- where did they come from? Who made them? Ta Dah -- YOU GUYS made the notecards! They were such a big hit and everyone was talking about them!

I've included some of the pictures I took today -- including all of the cards made by my Shackie friends, my friend Jill, my friend Sherry, Emily and me.

scrappinnuts
09-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Beautiful Blankets and your Daughter is so Pretty. What a wonderful thing to do for our Troops.

directmailscrapper
09-20-2008, 02:52 PM
I just realized that if you look in the picture of Emily in front of the stack, you can see some of your note cards! Look carefully!

CharityHand
09-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Cool! Looks like you guys had a great time and I'm so glad our cards were a hit.

Christie
09-20-2008, 02:58 PM
How wonderful!!!!! I know this had to be so heartwarming to see everyone there making blankets. I'm glad I could be a part of it even if I wasn't I there!!!!

tojoco
09-20-2008, 02:59 PM
What a wonderful cause. Thanks for doing this. Your DD is gorgeous.

Kreative Dryve
09-20-2008, 02:59 PM
That looks like a lot of great people doing a wonderful thing for our troops, glad I had a small part of it. Thanks for letting me make those cards.

mahodgman
09-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Cool about your blanket project, but Nancy, I've just got to say how beautiful your daughter is! I mean like model beautiful. She photgraphs very well.

Paula Carden
09-20-2008, 03:56 PM
What a huge undertaking-all of those wonderfully soft blankets for people who are giving so much that are in need of a little something extra-
Thank you for letting me be a small part of this-
Emily is soooo pretty- you and her dad better find a big stick!

dreis1
09-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks Nancy for letting us be a small part in this. It always gives makes me feel good to do something for our troops. Glinda

logcabincreations
09-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Thank you and your church for what you did....it's wonderful.

cindi
09-20-2008, 04:57 PM
wow! look at all those blankets and shackie notecard ds! whata wonderful thing to do for our troops
great pics too
:)

lakeslady
09-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Wonderful effort by everyone and I am very happy I was able to help. And yes I see my notecard in that pile of wonderful blankets.
I bet you are very proud of Emily she is just georgeous.
Thanks for sharing

kimmyqtgirl
09-20-2008, 08:17 PM
The blankets look gorgeous! What a nice gift for the troops. All those notecards look very pretty. Emily is gorgeous - what a sweet girl! Thanks for sharing pics.

Swanie78
09-20-2008, 09:31 PM
WOW! What a day! We were at the church for only about 3 hours -- and working with others -- we made 7 blankets for the wounded troops! There were probably close to 100 people there -- old, young, teenagers, lots of Girl Scouts, a few men. No idea of how many blankets they will have when they are done, but I'll bet they make more than their 200 blanket goal!

One of the hits of the day were these marvelous and gorgeous handmade notecards -- where did they come from? Who made them? Ta Dah -- YOU GUYS made the notecards! They were such a big hit and everyone was talking about them!

I've included some of the pictures I took today -- including all of the cards made by my Shackie friends, my friend Jill, my friend Sherry, Emily and me.

Wow...look at that pile of blankets!
And all those cards are awesome!!

GSMom385
09-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Oh Nancy thanks so much for sharing the pictures. My Miranda had a big grin on her face seeing your Emily. She thought it was pretty cool they got to help with the project. What a need deal for such a good cause, thanks for letting my troop take part. I will share the photos with all the girls.

mydogstinks2
09-21-2008, 06:11 AM
they are great!!!!

iloveflipflops
09-21-2008, 10:00 AM
WOW! I love love love that one with Emily and all the blankets surrounding her :)

smileycollector
09-21-2008, 10:12 AM
WOW! What a wonderful project for our troops! You go girl! :)