PDA

View Full Version : Waffles anyone?

jazzypurple853
09-21-2008, 06:43 AM
I just made waffles for breakfast. My daughter is sleeping and I was hungry. So, I got up and made some waffles. Wanna come over for breakfast?

Here's the recipe that I tried:

http://www.daisybrand.com/Recipes/recipe-details.aspx?RecipeId=79

loobylou
09-21-2008, 06:48 AM
mmmmm, waffles...reminds me of hotel breakfasts. Yummy!
I just made beef and bacon pie for dinner. I'll swap you!

suzi_f
09-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Why is it that hotel waffles are so much better than my waffles?? I guess they have a better waffle iron. Hotel waffles are so crispy & smell WONDERFUL!!! I don't particularly LIKE waffles but I'll eat them at hotels! Waffles are the only breakfast food dh will eat (did I know this before I married him? I'm all about breakfast!!!) so they are pretty much all I fix. The kids love pancakes & french toast but, if I'm cooking, dh gets his nose out of joint if I don't fix waffles. <sigh> I always fix myself a fried egg and eat that while he & the kids eat waffles.

Did anyone count how many times I said the "w" word in the pararagraph. Gotta be some kind of record!!

pesc
09-21-2008, 08:44 AM
I would go no problem! I wanted to eat some this morning but it was pancake day for my husband and since he is cooking... I have nothing much to say! :)
I hope you will enjoy them! :)

iloveflipflops
09-21-2008, 09:59 AM
I'll be right there. Save me 2 :) (with a glass of chocolate milk please!)

MidwestStamper
09-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Waffles sound great! My oldest DS helped make waffles starting when he was two! He could crack an egg early on, and would stir with a wisk. I'd back a chair up to the counter so that he could stand and help me.

My younger DS prefers pancakes, so it's kind of a running joke between them--which is the best! I like both!

teabear
09-21-2008, 12:59 PM
We just had waffles here, too. What a nice way to start a sunday morning.

workin4stamps
09-21-2008, 03:51 PM
This morning I made egg in a hole. I actually had 2. They were yummy!

ellie
09-21-2008, 08:30 PM
ooooh, I would love to come for breakfast. I love waffles...esp. Belgian Waffles!

cindi
09-21-2008, 08:36 PM
I have never had home made waffles. I have tried frozen, and I wasn't crazy about them. that recipes does sound really good though
:)

karla_m_angelstamper
09-21-2008, 09:16 PM
We had "breakfast" for dinner last night. Belgium waffles, sausage, scrambled eggs and toast. Yum!! That way I could sleep in this morning. :)