PDA

View Full Version : Swap Trouble Shooting

lost luggage
12-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi Mark and Sherry :notworthy:

The participant counter is not working...there is either a delay or it is off. The number of participants in a swap inside the swap does not match the number shown on the swap index page. (I found this out while removing myself from my own swap.)

Will there only be the opportunity to edit the instruction area of the swap? My top window is grayed out.

Will there be a contact host button available?

When the swaps are full, they are not moving to the full swap area. Only one swap has moved to the bottom area..

I am sure you guys know about these already, but in my delusional mind I like to think I am helping. :cute:

Kind Regards,
Julie

Sherry
12-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Hi Julie,

I think something must have gone wonky when you removed yourself from the swap. Just out of curiousity, why did you remove yourself?

All areas of the swap should be editable, not just the details. Not sure why this is happening. Perhaps Mark might know the answer to this.

Mark is currently working on the Contact Host button. It accidentally got forgotten.

And lastly, there are only three swaps that are full from what I can see; Barbs, Christies, and Teabear's so they should be the only ones in the full swap section. If you had a swap that filled and didn't move, perhaps it's because you had removed yourself and it made things go weird? Mark is online and hopefully he will be able to respond to this.

lost luggage
12-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Ok- those three swaps are not showing full over here. ?

I don't know why I removed myself. But the count has been wacky since the get go...not before any of this editing.

Mark
12-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi Julie,

I'm not seeing any of the issues you are talking about (except the missing contact host function, obviously). Much of this sounds like you're getting some aggressive caching in your browser and not seeing the current data when the page reloads.

Try refreshing the page and also holding shift while refreshing it. If that still doesn't work, try emptying your cache (or in IE "Temporary Internet Files") and refreshing it.

If you're still having problems, I'll look into when I get back tonight. Right now I'm already late for church.

Erin K
12-20-2006, 08:08 PM
I don't know really what all is going on, but I'm in Julie's and it said there were 10 of us and it does list 11 names when you see the names and count them yourself.

:arghh: That guys's cute

lost luggage
12-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks, Mark.

I am not trying to be a pain, but this is the only website in the universe in which I have to delete files and empty caches every day. Trust me, I am clean as whistle.

There are 13 people signed up for the swap in which I allowed 12 participants. When you count the names on the list, it doesn't jive with the index page.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Sherry
12-21-2006, 07:06 AM
There are 13 people signed up for the swap in which I allowed 12 participants. When you count the names on the list, it doesn't jive with the index page.

As I stated earlier, the swap code counts you as a participant. So, eventhough you thought you removed yourself, you are still being counted. Sure, your name is removed from the list and another spot opens, but you are still registered in the code as a participant. We didn't count on people removing themselves from their own swap. I will have Mark look into this.

And as far as us being the "only website in the universe" where you have to clear your cache everyday, can't help you with that one.

Christie
12-21-2006, 07:54 AM
Julie,
I see the same thing here. It says on some of the swaps that there are 5 participants and then when you look at the names it only lists 2 or 3. I think there must be a delay. If you go back in a couple of hours it has the others listed.

Sherry,
One other thing that I noticed was that when I sent an email to all the participants and hit send it just went to a blank page. I 'm not sure if everyone got my message or not.

Sherry
12-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Julie,
I see the same thing here. It says on some of the swaps that there are 5 participants and then when you look at the names it only lists 2 or 3. I think there must be a delay. If you go back in a couple of hours it has the others listed.

Sherry,
One other thing that I noticed was that when I sent an email to all the participants and hit send it just went to a blank page. I 'm not sure if everyone got my message or not.

This is very peculiar. I have checked every single swap on both Mozilla and on Internet Explorer and the swap participant number is correct for every swap. The only one that is out of whack is Julies and I think that is because she removed herself from the swap. I think Mark is correct. It does sound as though you ladies are experiencing a caching problem and you are not seeing current data.

I will have Mark look into the email problem. Unfortunately, I know nothing about that stuff :)

lost luggage
12-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Ok

Here is another question- please refresh my memory...when does a user get added to the site's member list? After 20 posts? (I have 2 users that I do not know and cannot see their profiles.) If they have lapsed inactive, are they recieving my emails?

TIA