PDA

View Full Version : very strange weather here right now

cindi
09-28-2008, 09:50 PM
the rain has stopped, the wind is gentle and it';s so warm, I'm running around in shorts and a strappy tank top. it's very dark out, but quiet and still..except for a gentle breeze here and there. is this the calm before the stoerm..or are we gonna miss it all together? the weather still has us under a tropucal storm warning, but sadly for my canadian neighbors they are gonna get it. just plain weird weather for our area
stay safe canadian sistahs
:)

logcabincreations
09-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Cindi...don't want to frighten you but sometimes hurricanes spawn tornados and there is always a calmnest and funny dark clouds. Keep your t.v. on your local weather station and your ears tuned to the sounds outside. If you hear something that sounds like a train....could be a tornado.

cindi
09-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Cindi...don't want to frighten you but sometimes hurricanes spawn tornados and there is always a calmnest and funny dark clouds. Keep your t.v. on your local weather station and your ears tuned to the sounds outside. If you hear something that sounds like a train....could be a tornado.

ok Jan I will. so where do I go? we don't have a cellar..do I hide out in the bathroom?
I have the radio on and have not heard any warnings

logcabincreations
09-28-2008, 10:09 PM
I think you go to the middle of your house in a closet and yes I've heard the bathtub....but I'm not sure. Most people have basements around here.

cindi
09-28-2008, 10:14 PM
ok, I just went outside..I don't think the sky looks weird, I tyhink maybe either the storm is way out to sea, or it's just not here yet. thanks Jan for your advice, but I think we are ok

logcabincreations
09-28-2008, 10:17 PM
whew!! I was sweating. We've had 3 tornados in the 22 years we've lived here. One was a few miles down the road and one was in the town 15 minutes away. Once we had tornado warnings and the strangest looking sky I've ever seen and I made the boys go to the basement. We stayed there almost 2 hours while checking outside.

Christie
09-29-2008, 11:11 AM
When a tropical storm/hurricane is apporaching the air gets very dense and very hot. I remember them talking about that right before Hurricane Ike hit. Hope all is well today.

Firecracker
09-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Cindi, please keep us posted. I'm thankful you are okay. Hugs, Heather

cindi
09-29-2008, 01:41 PM
all we got was tons of rain..and I mean tons. but no big winds and do damage of any kind. I hope my Nova Scotia neighbors are ok.

Firecracker
09-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Thats good news Cindi. Birgit was having warm weather, in the 70s, today. I do hope everyone in Nova Scotia also are okay. Hugs, Heather