PDA

View Full Version : Weekend 9/26-9/29 update for Teresa and any others who need an update LOL

iloveflipflops
09-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Michelle (Emmcee)’s dog, Levy is still missing. Ellie has been busy de-mounting all of her mounted stamps so she hasn’t been online much. Mydogstinks2 recently quit her job and is currently looking for a new job. Her company all arrived so she has been scarce around the Stamp Shack lately. Gas shortages in Atlanta and Charlotte. I cannot go anywhere L. Sherry G went to a top neuro dr and found she DOES NOT have MS but he is testing for insulinoma which is a rare pancreatic tumor. She had blood tests today and will probably have an ultrasound next week. Prayers are definitely going out for her. On a happy note, she got to see Elton John in concert but I haven’t heard the report how it was. (I love Elton and have seen him 4 times!). Awna made a double page spread in the latest December issue of Scrap & Stamp.

Scrapsoon updated us on life with her. She posted it here http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27552 with a new cute photo of her new haircut. I think its just adorable!! Ellie decided to unmount all of her stamps. She has A LOT of stamps too! Patty arrives at Ellie’s for the week. I hope I get to see her while she’s here. The gas shortage in Charlotte continues and I feel like I am stuck at home!! Oh well, I will spend less $$ that way, right? Shurlyjean’s mom is back in the hospital. She had her postsurgery check up and her potassium was so high they want to keep an eye on it. Alot of Shackies made it in the Fall issue of Just Cards. Ethel, Erin, IMBlessed, Awna, Deborah M, Fief14, Lakeslady and myself. I submitted 3 cards using Hanna Stamps and if I let the girl at Hanna Stamps know, she pays $100 PER CARD so I am very excited about this. Paul Newman died today, he was 83.

Mary Hodgman was cleared from that alledged car accident in the parking lot that she had nothing to do with. Directmailscrapper took some classes with Karen Lockhart. She put her “beauties” in the gallery. Far North got her first 2” of white fluffy snow on the ground (I secretly want some of it here in NC) Jean (Micemom) checked in with us and she had a CAT scan of her liver and it shows no more tumor on her liver. On a bad note, she found out last week that after 17 years of being CEO of a credit union, she no longer has a job. She will get paid for one year. She is done with chemo but still needs radiation. Heather (firecracker) gave us an update on her toe. Her infection appears to be back and she will need surgery this time on it. She is seeing a new dr who she has seen before but he specializes in feet. She sees him on Oct 8th. Suzi F and Got Cats met up at Red Lobster while Got Cats was in St. Louis. Neither one of them likes seafood but they went for the cheddar biscuits. Can you say yummmmm? Scrapsoon’s father is in the hospital and will have his surgery tomorrow. You can read about it here … http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27607. Far North reported that they got their first dusting of snow. Oh how I would love some of the white stuff here!! Apparently, the only ones who WANT snow right now are me, Ellie, Paula, Tojoco, Nancy, and Charity Hand. The others said she could keep it for the time being. LOL Notice those of us who want the white stuff are those of us who rarely get it so that’s why we want it. (Like my analogy?) lol Cindi explained to all of us what a moon tan is … its an organic airbrush tan. It has no smell, no orange streaks and now I want one J. Cindi said she would give me one if I went up to Maine. Looks like Ellie and Patty want to go to Enchanted Cottage on Tuesday so I am going to meet them J. I can’t wait as I have been cooped up in this house too long. Still no gas at any of the gas stations here in Concord so I only go to the grocery store and back (1/2 mile) or to the kids’ school (3 miles away). I need a stamping fix I say!! Plus I can’t wait to see Ellie & Patty.

Angie (Shuggy) posted that BalletNurse had a little baby girl on Sept 25th. She weighed only 4 lbs. 3 oz. BalletNurse comes home today and her baby will have to stay at the hospital for awhile. All are doing great. Oh and she named her Anna Kate. You can check out her blog here for more details. http://detailsfromjami.blogspot.com/ Jan gave week 5 update of her son at boot camp and you can read about that here http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27616

This is all I can remember from the weekend :).

lakeslady
09-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Well done Sherri. I love reading your updates, it pulls everything together and refreshes my old brain LOL

cecescraps
09-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Whew! I'd that's alot for only the weekend!! U are the bestest updater (I'm into making up words today) ever!!

Firecracker
09-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow. You did a great update for the week. Hugs, Heather

Mrs. Fence
09-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the great update, Sherri. I've been gone for a while and just getting back. I can see I've missed a lot!

shuggy
09-29-2008, 07:12 PM
that is awesome!! you should do one of those every monday!!!

directmailscrapper
09-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks, Sherri! I was reading it as it happened, but the refresher was refreshing! :-) You should be a reporter...

smileycollector
09-29-2008, 08:26 PM
How do you do it?!! This is much appreciated Sherri...you just saved me an hour browsing the posts. THANK U!!! :)

shadoob
09-29-2008, 08:32 PM
even though I've been here, it still seems to all come together when you write your updates...thank you!

Nancy
09-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Wow, no wonder you get headaches. You put so much work into everything, not that it is not appreciated though. Thanks-Nancy

tesschap
09-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks so much for the AWESOME update Sherri. You ROCK! :)

tojoco
09-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Sherri, I love you being our recording secretary. Sometimes I miss some posts and reading your update brings it all together. You really are "da bomb." Thanks for doing this.