PDA

View Full Version : I got math questions about the Swap board

Erin K
12-20-2006, 06:08 PM
OK I'm confused... but it's ok...

Ok say I do a swap for 6 people. It automaticly puts me in the swap. I want people to send 6 cards but then they'd get their own back... So if I want it to be 6 OTHER poeple and then ME and then we all get 6 DIFFERENT cards I'd need to make my swap for 7 people but put that you only make 6 cards right?

I'm 99% sure I got that right...

So like Barb's swap that I'm in has 6 people INCLUDING her and we are making 6 cards, so I'm going to be getting my own card back right?

Just making sure you are all as confused as me. (I mean you are now after reading my crazy post)

Julie, is that the same issue you were asking me about?

e

teabear
12-20-2006, 06:16 PM
I made my swap for 6 people and it counted me. I went back and hit the button that says drop me from this swap or something like that and it opened up another spot. This way nobody will get their own card back. If you make it for 7 people it would work the same way. Just leave yourself as one of the swappers and then nobody will get their own card back.

suzi_f
12-20-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm gonna glom onto your post here Erin. I don't understand why we don't send 7 cards in & get our own back. Other than the possibility of higher postage, it seems to make more sense for the hostess to make 7 piles of 7 cards than to try to make 7 piles w/6 cards & then make sure that I get the pile w/o my card & Mindy gets the pile w/o her card. Of course, I've NEVER hosted a swap & I'm easily confused. I've always wondered so, I thought I'd ask.

teabear
12-20-2006, 06:22 PM
if you are paying attention. I think I only messed up one time. It's just the postage thing for me. I don't think anybody should have to pay them any extra :)

lost luggage
12-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Crimany....I am not cut out for this high level math!

I am going to leave mine at 12 participants and then tell the participants to send me 11 cards. Will that work?

lost luggage
12-20-2006, 06:27 PM
I made my swap for 6 people and it counted me. I went back and hit the button that says drop me from this swap or something like that and it opened up another spot. This way nobody will get their own card back. If you make it for 7 people it would work the same way. Just leave yourself as one of the swappers and then nobody will get their own card back.

This is what I was trying to do in the first place..I knew I wasn't crazy..I figured Tami's smart...she's done this before :)

lost luggage
12-20-2006, 06:28 PM
See...now...if you look at my swap..click on it..it says there are 10 participants, but actually there are 11 signed up. Is this some sort of feature to help us, or a mistake?

Erin K
12-20-2006, 06:41 PM
That's it my head just exploded!

Christie
12-20-2006, 07:04 PM
I make the swap for 7 people. There will be six people who send you cards and then yourself. This way noone gets their own card back! Very easy Erin, just always make if for an odd number of people and an even number of cards and everyone should get someone elses cards.

lost luggage
12-20-2006, 07:28 PM
But the board signs the hostess up automatically....

(going to grab a mop...)

Spartymom
12-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh I can't take it anymore.. I guess I need to back to school. Hee hee.Kim

Sherry
12-20-2006, 08:34 PM
The rule at the Shack is that you must participate in your own swap so the board automatically will make you a participant. The math is really very simple.
You just add 1 to the number of participants you want in your swap.

For example, say that you want six participants in your swap. You would open the swap to 7 members. You and your six participants.

I'm still not quite sure why you guys are dropping out of your swaps though...:nah:

Erin K
12-20-2006, 08:46 PM
I think because of the way the PC board could work. You could want 6 people to join and make 6 cards each and you'd make one too, but their numbers would call that a 6 person swap still if you clicked some button. I know that's how I always did it over there. It's all good though we will just do it this way. So if you want a 6 for 6 swap you do it as 7 but put that they only make 6 whatevers and then it will be perfect.

:) Sorry to stirr up trouble!