PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Ink?

directmailscrapper
10-05-2008, 08:03 PM
We haven't done this for a while, I thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite products -- and I'm starting with BLACK ink.

My favorite ink is Versafine, but I can't use it because my favorite way to color these days is with Copics and the two don't play nicely together. :arghh:

So my NEW favorite is Pallet Noir -- I just wish it was as juicy as Versafine!

What is your favorite black ink(s) and why?

Paula Carden
10-05-2008, 08:07 PM
I have never tried the Pallet Noir, I usually use Versafine Black or Stazon Black.
Sometimes I heat set it before coloring.

Inkisallover
10-05-2008, 08:07 PM
I really like Black Stazon. I'm not much of a fancy colorer, but it seems to work for me without too much smudging. I like that I can use it on glass, tile and other things, too.

Erin K
10-05-2008, 08:11 PM
For copics Momento
for most everything else Versafine.

directmailscrapper
10-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Erin, I've been wanting to try Momento - is it juicy?

Erin K
10-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Erin, I've been wanting to try Momento - is it juicy?

yes. I really like it I find myself reaching for it more and more.

ccstampin12
10-05-2008, 08:25 PM
I've been using Pitch Black from Ranger as it works pretty well with Copics.
I did buy one of the little Memento inks, but haven't used it yet.
Joanie

patcreates
10-05-2008, 08:26 PM
My favorite is Ranger Archival Jet Black. I do a lot of watercoloring with inkpads and a waterbrush and I never get any smearing.

suzi_f
10-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I bought a versafine when the first Shack Santa was sold. Someone here told me it was the best. I used it a couple time but wasn't in love w/it. Well, I had to stamp 60 santa's for Cindy's Santa Swap earlier this year, used the versafine & fell head over heels. I use it for EVERYTHING now. I have black stazon but I find I use my brown more often than the black.

smileycollector
10-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Very interesting to see what others prefer! My favorite black is Versafine onyx black for a sharp black image. I've used it for coloring with prismacolor pencils & gamsol with no smudging, but haven't tried copics yet.

Firecracker
10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I really like the versafine black, my SU inks and my distressing inks. It is fun to read what everyone dislikes and likes. Hugs, Heather

cindi
10-05-2008, 10:23 PM
for me it's black staze on..but I must say I have never tried momento ot pallet noir. so where do I find thse inks? I love trying new things
:)

teabear
10-05-2008, 10:27 PM
I have different black inks for different projects. Love my versafine for stamping detail images. Love my staz-on for glossy and other types of stamping. And I adore my distress black soot pad for getting the burned edge look and for really deep black stamping with solid image stamps. It actually has soot in the ink so it's an amazing deep black.

Gina K.
10-06-2008, 02:38 AM
For copics Momento
for most everything else Versafine.

Oh I agree with Erin!! I love Memento ink. The black is fabulous for Copics or Pencils with OMS! And, they have some great colors. Fast drying too!

kimmyqtgirl
10-06-2008, 04:41 AM
I love VersaFine too! But I do run into some smudging with markers. I haven't had a problem with oms yet. I will have to try Palette or Momento. I just hate to buy ANOTHER black ink pad.

karla_m_angelstamper
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I use the Palette Noir. I have a reinker to keep it nice and juicy.

Cindi -- You can get Palette Noir from your TAC Angel. :)

loobylou
10-06-2008, 10:22 AM
I use versafine Onyx, except if I'm stamping on shiny/coated card (which I do a LOT), then I use Stazon Jet Black.

mcourtney
10-06-2008, 01:21 PM
I use Versafine Onyx for detailed stamps, Staz-on black for glossy paper and anything other than paper and Marvy Matchable black for everyday stamping.

TiikkiStars
10-06-2008, 02:55 PM
For black..............For stamping, Versafine or StazOn, depending what my stamping surface is. If I am just edging or distressing, then I'll either use Distress Inks or SU.

:> Karen

Mrs. Fence
10-06-2008, 05:08 PM
I use my Timber Brown Staz On more than anything for stamping, Jet Black is second. I haven't had any problems with smudging. I just bought my first versafine ink - the sepia color. I like it for detailed images that I'm not going to color much. I also love the chalk inks, and have even used them for embossing.