PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Time :)

Sherry
10-06-2008, 08:29 AM
As you know, I like to keep the website as fresh and as up to date as possible. I recently posted about restarting the Creative Team but, unfortunately, there was not enough interest. So, I am wondering, what would you like to see at The Stamp Shack? Is there a feature that we currently don't have that you'd love to see implemented? Is there something you absolutely hate about the website that you wish was gone?

Let me know what ya'll are thinking!

mahodgman
10-06-2008, 08:56 AM
I love the Shack just the way it is! I like the idea of a creative team posting challenges, but I never seem to get to them. I have good intentions of participating, but then I don't make the time. If others are like me, it seems a shame for a team to put a lot of time and effort into a challenge and then not have much participation. I know I would be disappointed if I were on such a team. If I think of a great ides, I'll be sure to share, but right now I can't think of anything.

ccstampin12
10-06-2008, 08:57 AM
I thought the girls were sounding like they liked the challenges posted by the creative team. Sorry....I thought that was always a fun thing.
Maybe no one felt creative enough to BE the creative team???
Anyway...if we can figure out a way to still have challenges from time to time, I think that will keep the creative juices going.
Just my 2 cents!
LOL
Joanie

iloveflipflops
10-06-2008, 10:45 AM
I too love the Shack like it is. The reason I did not apply for the Creative Team is I am deathly afraid to work under pressure. LOL I don't mind doing something here and there every so often but a commitment scares me. There, I said it! LOL

i do love the challenges we have but rarely do I do them. Guess I am just too busy gabbing on here.

ccstampin12
10-06-2008, 10:54 AM
I feel the same as Sherri....aren't we funny???
And CHICKEN????
LOL
Joanie

teabear
10-06-2008, 11:03 AM
I do enjoy the challenges, but feel that every week is alot. What if we chose one day per month as a challenge day and let anyone who wants to host a challenge? Sort of like the impromptu WCD challenges that came up here. There are a ton of challenge sites out there already, so this isn't necessary, just an idea.

I really enjoy the games when they are posted, like bingo and survivor.

cindi
10-06-2008, 11:13 AM
I like Tami's idea of maybe monthly challenges instead of weekly. or even maybe event days or something. it;s sad we are too busy to play as much as we'd like.
I LOVE our shack the way it is Sherry! you do a fabulous job of it.
:)
oh and I love the games too

allinkdup
10-06-2008, 11:15 AM
like some of the others, I love the challenges but don't seem to have time to do them.

When is gets cooler I have more time to play since it seems that we are snowed in a lot.

workin4stamps
10-06-2008, 11:17 AM
I don't really participate in the challenges because I just don't have time! I am so busy trying to always prepare things for my stamp clubs and SU business, and so forth and so on....that it doesn't leave much time for other things. I more come here for the gabbing aspect, and swapping! I love swapping here!!! I never swap anywhere else! I am perfectly happy with the Shack just the way it is. It's my favorite hangout!

:-)
Traci

Far North
10-06-2008, 12:06 PM
You are right Sherry this is the busiest time of year for stampers. Many folks have said they will not sign on to swaps that are due before next year. But it is not soon after Christmas and definately by Jan 1 that I am looking and thinking about something new to capture my interest.

Christie
10-06-2008, 12:07 PM
I like the idea of montly challenges and I love the bingo games!!!! I liked the creative team but very rarely did I do the challenges. .It's a lot of work for them to have people not play along. I think that a once a month challenge or game is a great idea!!!

hbpuppy
10-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi Sherry. I guess I totally missed your post about the Creative Team. I miss the Eye Spy awards. I wouldn't mind doing that with a buddy or two. I love looking at the gallery anyways. But, I wouldn't want to commit to anything more than hosting the occasional challenge. Our last CT was awesome but it was a lot of work.

I don't hate anything about the website. I do miss logging on and seeing who is in chat on the new posts page. I feel like I keep missing my buddies in the chat room.

Firecracker
10-06-2008, 01:43 PM
I think monthly challenges would be awesome and I also love the bingo game. Right now with my health I can't committ to the creative team. That is why I didn't respond but I would love to help with a monthly challenge. Hugs, Heather

midnitecreations
10-06-2008, 02:03 PM
I love seeing everyone's response to the different challenges, and would participate more in a once a month challenge. However, what I miss the most is the "I spy" and the other awards.

directmailscrapper
10-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Sherry, I would suggest that you offer up the invite to lead up the Creative team again after the first of the year. I don't feel qualified -- I consider myself more of a technician -- but you might find that some of those creative folks might be willing! I DO know that I'm struggling to keep up with my birthday cards, I'd like to send some Halloween and Thanksgiving cards and my Christmas cards, I'm swamped!

teabear
10-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I love seeing everyone's response to the different challenges, and would participate more in a once a month challenge. However, what I miss the most is the "I spy" and the other awards.

Oh, I do miss those awards, too, Renu! Sometimes I just miss something in the gallery and the awards helped me catch alot of great techniques and touches in the gallery.

teabear
10-06-2008, 03:41 PM
You are right Sherry this is the busiest time of year for stampers. Many folks have said they will not sign on to swaps that are due before next year. But it is not soon after Christmas and definately by Jan 1 that I am looking and thinking about something new to capture my interest.

Yes, I agree about starting whatever after the holidays. This is such a busy time of year, but in January it starts snowing and I want to stay home and stamp.

lakeslady
10-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I miss the excitement of the awards, it was something to look forward to every week, and the thrill if you won one was a real moral booster!!!
The Shack is a wonderful place to hang out and I would be willing to help creatively if I could.

shurlyjean
10-06-2008, 06:44 PM
I would like to see more swaps... with PC gone I think we can get some more going here...

I have to admit I have been overwelmed the last month or so and am not really up to hosting my weekly swaps... but I may jump with a couple over the next few weeks. I have heard that people would like more card swaps in the board//// there was a run of ATCs... I love the ATCs... but to attract new swappers cards seem to be easier.

As for the creative team... I would be interested in that, but can't even think of it until later.

Shirley

maxiesmom
10-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I was just over at SCS and see they have a monthly challenge that they collect blank cards and send them to various organizations that send them out, ie Chemo Angels, Cards for Heroes... I saw on Gina K's blog that they are collecting cards for the troops and am going to send some off. I do have some made and am hoping to work on some more this week.

Whoever wants to participate makes as many (or as few) cards as they like and they get sent to one person who coordinates and sends them all en masse to the organization. I might even be able to volunteer to be that person.
Any thoughts?

IMBlessed5
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Like someone else mentioned, basically the net is swamped with challenges! Blogs, other forums, you name it. I even tried a weekly Monday Mania Challenge on my blog. Today was my 9th one, and the whole time I only had 2 takers. I doubt I'll take the time to come up with any more - there's just toooo many other bloggers out there doing the same type of thing. And me personally - I spend too much time surfing and not enough time stamping. I used to be a challenge junkie (like sketches and color combos the best) but I rarely do them anymore. :( Mostly lack of mojo here lately though.

As for this site - one thing that I used to take part in on another forum that eventually died is virtual stamping parties in the chat room. It was a blast - we had games, virtual stamping challenges, trivia contests, scavengar hunts in the gallery. You could do a morning one and an evening one. Maybe once/month or every other month. You'd need 2-3 hosts to keep it running smoothly. And started a new game/challenge every 15 minutes. They're very fast paced and a lot of fun!

Paula Carden
10-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I like the swaps here- I like the Bingo (I won last time-yea)! Also enjoyed the Awards but I do feel I have anything to offer to a Creative Team but I like to look at the challenges altho didn't do them very often- Monthly would be great.

I like the Shack as it is- I love the gallery and swap board. The Creative teams have all been awesome! Maybe after the holidays!

Lisa Sparkle
10-07-2008, 02:42 AM
I think the idea of a monthly "focus" is a great one- I enjoyed the challenges as much for their targetting of a specific technique or style as for the challenge itself. Perhaps a creative team with a monthly input might be less scary to commit to? It also might be nice to have an advanced and a beginner level to the challenges or monthly focus, so that everyone has something to aspire to as well as something they can achieve. I was a bit scared to volunteer for the creative team, as I don't have oodles of time to spare, and I haven't been stamping for that long, so I didn't know how much I could offer, although I liked the idea of volunteering!!

Love the games and bingo and survivor.

I also miss the blue ribbon awards. Perhaps a separate team to vote on the blue ribbons? I love looking through the gallery to see what catches my eye, and I often do a "double take"!!

emmcee
10-07-2008, 05:23 AM
I, too, love the Shack as it is. I didn't participate in the challenges very often, and like the rest, I don't feel qualified. We have many ladies who are so creative. After the first of the year, I bet there will be some who will challenge us to do some things.

I love bingo and survivor.

Sherry, you do a great job for us and we appreciate you very much.

loobylou
10-07-2008, 07:27 AM
I loved the Creative team challenges, and participated often. I do miss them. I used them as a launch point for many of the birthdays and other cards I make. A Shack Funday once a month would work well for me, I'd be happy to host the occasional challenge.
Thankyou Sherry for everything you do to keep us happy and connected with our inspirational friends everyday

Mrs. Fence
10-07-2008, 08:17 AM
I enjoyed looking at the wonderful creations of the creative team and those who met the challenge, but like so many others, I didn't feel "qualified". I would love a monthly challenge, funday, or virtual swap/challenge like we did for WCMD. I lOVE the gallery, and think the awards were great. I do miss looking for those. Survivor and Bingo are fun too. I don't think there is anything I don't like about the Shack. You are doing a fabulous job, Sherri, and it is greatly appreciated.

Robinkay
10-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Sherry- I LOVE the SHACK! You do such a great job! Like so many of the others I would do the challenges when I could. Monthly challenges sound good to me though.

tesschap
10-07-2008, 09:54 AM
I'd like to see a monthly challenge. I was thinking maybe we could pitch the idea to some of our awesome stamp company members. Each of them could feature their products here for a month and at the end of the month we could have some kind of challenge using the host companies products. They may donate the prizes for our end of the month contests or maybe they could make a small donation to the shack to expand the bandwidth?

hbpuppy
10-07-2008, 12:04 PM
I'd like to see a monthly challenge. I was thinking maybe we could pitch the idea to some of our awesome stamp company members. Each of them could feature their products here for a month and at the end of the month we could have some kind of challenge using the host companies products. They may donate the prizes for our end of the month contests or maybe they could make a small donation to the shack to expand the bandwidth?

I like your idea, Teresa. Like, get company design teams to come up with challenges, make samples, run contests, and generally do the hard work. I love it! Design Teams have the resources to do it and it's good promotion for the company. There are lots of DT members in the Shack that have connections. And, the lure of winning a prize might encourange more people to participate in the challenges.

Kreative Dryve
10-07-2008, 06:08 PM
I have only participated in maybe 2 challenges, maybe cause of the time crunch I am always in, but once a month would be a great way to feel more part of this community on a slightly bigger basis.

And I must add with my time being even more crunched I might not have an opinion after all, just a couple of cents

firefly
10-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Love this site - thanks Sherry for everything you do to keep things running so smoothly!

I like Kathy's idea of collecting extra cards to donate to an organization - might be a good 'community' project for Stamp Shack members.

Sally

logcabincreations
10-09-2008, 03:06 PM
speaking of monthly challenges, what about a sign up sheet for a whole year and let people sign up to volunteer for a specific month?? Then those who volunteer can post their challenge on the first day of the month they signed up for???

Stampin' Kay
10-10-2008, 05:02 AM
I really miss the blue ribbons. It was a great buzz to get one and it also gave us chance to see cards we may have missed. I love looking at all the wonderful cards on here.