PDA

View Full Version : Cricut

beckyjogregory
10-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Is the cricut really a good investment for my business and if so which machine?
I just can't decide if I could spend my money better somewhere else on something else. What do you guys think and suggest?:confused:

Darleneh710
10-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi Becky here is my personal opinion. I bought the the Cricut original and feel that I wasted my money as I hardly use it. I think I bought it when it was on sale a few yrs ago and just don't use it as much as I thought I would. However, I doubt I will ever sell mine or get rid of it if that makes any sense to you lol

Good luck with your decision! And welcome to the shack!:biglaugh:

beckyjogregory
10-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Hey, Darlene,
I was wondering if I would just do better spending that $300. on more die and embossing folders for my cuttlebug instead?
What do you think. I was looking at the die cartridges for the Cricut and they are so expensive to not do more than they do.

:huh:

pesc
10-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I've aslo bought the Cricut and seriously if I did use it twice that's almost all... I would not buy it again. If I had to do it again, I would buy a Silhouet because you can hook it up on your computer and you have more possibility without buying all those cardridge... On top I find that Provocraft aftersale services is... not good.
It's my opinion I hope it helps!

beckyjogregory
10-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Wow, thanks, I never heard of the Silhouette.
I will check it out!
Thanks!:spinny:

ngreek
10-12-2008, 01:39 AM
I love my cricut. It is easy and portable. I have the original machine and am looking at the begining of the year getting the cricut create.. which is the size in between the original cricut and the expression. The cricut create has the capabilities of the expression expect ebing able to cut the 12 inch images.

I love how I can take my cricut to crops quit easily.
Nicole

Paula Carden
10-12-2008, 09:13 AM
I bought it too after they first came out -mine is the original and I maybe have used it 3 times, I have cartridges that I have never used.
I would consider the silhouette too because of not having to purchase all of the cartridges- The cricut isn't hard to use but my table is so crowded. If I had room to leave it hooked up etc I would use it more.(maybe)

iloveflipflops
10-12-2008, 10:43 AM
I never bought one although I had thought about it many times. I feel like I haven't missed anything by not buying it. Good luck in what you decide.

ellie
10-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I have the original and I love it. I have gotten a few cartridges on sale and enjoy the fact that I can cut as many letters as I need. I will never run out of a's and e's. I guess I use it mostly for scrapbooking though...not so much for card making.