PDA

View Full Version : Any Yummy Crock Pot recipes to share?

TiikkiStars
10-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Again, thanks to all who helped me with my first crock pot creation!

It got me thinking that now that I've experienced just how cool it is to throw stuff in there in the morning, before I'm tired from the day, and have dinner all ready and smelling great in the evening, it would be great if I had more recipes & ideas for it!

Soooooooo........if anyone has any of their great crock pot/slow cooker creations that they would like to share with everyone, that would be great!

:> Karen

IMBlessed5
10-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Here's some of my FAVES!

Working Woman's Pot Roast
3-5 lb roast
garlic (fresh or powdered, either one)
10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
2 Tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
1 package onion soup mix
salt & pepper to taste

Place roast in crockpot, pour other ingredients over the top in order. Cover, cook on low for 8 hours.

Pepper Steak
1 1/2 lb. round steak
garlic
1 cup chopped onion
salt & pepper
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 large chopped green bell pepper
1 can stewed tomatoes (15 ounce)

Lightly brown steak in skillet then place steak in crockpot. Combine rest of ingredients, pour over steak. Cover, cook on low for 3-5 hours.

Chili
1 lb. hamburger, browned and drained
1 envelope chili seasoning mix
1 chopped onion
garlic powder to taste
1 can diced tomatoes, Italian style
2 cans condensed tomato soup (use empty can to add 3 cans of water)
1 can chili or kidney beans

Mix all together in crockpot, cook on low for 4-8 hours.

Kielbasa
2 pounds of Hillshire Farms Keilbasa (smoked sausage)
1 jar (12 ounce) Peach or Apricot preserves

Slice smoked sausage, place in crockpot. Stir in the preserves. Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Makes a great appetizer!

Pizza Dip
8 ounce cream cheese
1 small jar pizza sauce
1 small can chopped black olives
1 medium chopped onion
chopped sliced pepperoni
shredded mozzarella cheese

No real measurements here, just add however much you like. Stir all together, cook on low until all heated, stir again. Serve with tortilla chips.

Caramel Rice Pudding
3 cups COOKED white rice (1 1/2 cups uncooked)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
1 can evaporated milk (12 ounces)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Spray inside of 2 to 3.5 quart crockpot for cooking spray or grease with butter. Mix rice, vanilla, and both milks. Pour in crockpot. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours or until all liquid is absorbed. Stir. Sprinkle brown sugar/cinnamon on top.

TiikkiStars
10-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks Vicki!!! OMGoodness, that pizza dip looks sinfully tasty! And I think I might try the pepper steak (with red bell peppers instead....can't stand green....love red, yellow, and orange, but just cannot develop a taste for those green ones....wish I could, they are half the price!) later this week. Thanks for helping this crock pot novice out!

ccstampin12
10-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Crock Pot Beef Stew
I put the stew beef in the bottom.
Sprinkle a package of dry onion soup mix over the meat.
Then, depending on how much beef, and size of crock pot, I add 1 or 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
On top of everything, I add a bag (or 2) of frozen stew veggies....(I mound them to keep as many as possible away from the edges of the pot because they are so cold)
I add NO other liquids.
Cover and cook on LOW all day.
About an hour before dinner, I do stir it to mix everything up with the soup and juices, and cover again until dinner.
YUM!
Joanie

logcabincreations
10-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Thanks Joanie....I'm going to try this.

ccstampin12
10-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks Joanie....I'm going to try this.
It is good.....I would probably cook it on LOW if you're leaving it for the day.
Joanie

Christie
10-15-2008, 09:21 AM
I have several, I'll post some tonight when I get home from work.

teabear
10-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Great recipes everyone. I usually just throw stuff in the crockpot without a real recipe. One of my faves is to cook a whole chicken in the crockpot. Be sure you take the stuff out of the inside and rinse off the chicken. Season to taste. I usually put a on some garlic, rosemary and lemon. Just let it cook about 8 hours on low or 5 hours on high. This maks a very moist chicken. You can also put some carrots/potatoes in with it if you have room.

IMBlessed5
10-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Joani your stew sounds awesome! So does Tami's chicken. I also like to put pieces of boneless chicken in the crockpot with a bottle of BBQ sauce and sliced onions. That's yummy!

TiikkiStars
10-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Tami, thanks so much for passing on your method of cooking chicken in the crock pot! It sounds really tasty and moist like how out 'butt chicken' comes out (its the chicken standing up on an open beer can in the oven.....we can't cook it that way anymore because DS cannot eat gluten, therefore cannot eat wheat, so therefore we cannot use beer when cooking anymore). We all love just how moist and juicy that chicken always was.........and now we have a new way to make one! Thank you!

Christie, I'm looking forward to your faves!

Joanie and Vicki, thanks for your additions as well! DH loves stew and I think he would love yours Joanie. And we almost always have boneless skinless chicken breasts in the freezer....Vicki's chicken idea sounds super easy!

iloveflipflops
10-15-2008, 01:10 PM
I have been wanting a good beef stew recipe and this sounds delish Joanie. I am making this soon!!!

iloveflipflops
10-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Sherri's Favorite Pot Roast

1 boneless chuck roast
1 envelope dry onion mushroom soup mix

Put chuck roast on bottom of crock pot. Pour dry soup mix on top. Cook on low all day. No need to add water ... it makes its own juice.

ccstampin12
10-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Here's another tried and true from me:
Roast beef
I buy an eye of the round roast and cut it in half.
Place both pieces in the bottom of the crock pot.
Sprinkle with dry onion soup mix.
Close cover, and cook all day.
No extra liquid needed as it makes its own, and the onion soup really spiffs up the flavor...I don't make gravy with this, but I bet it would be yummy with the onion soup pieces and the small amount of liquid left over.
Good Luck!
Joanie

MsQuesMom
10-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Pork Loin roast, Turkey roll or Turkey breast
1 can veggie broth or chicken broth
1 can whole berry Cranberry sauce

I use the Crock Pot liners, no cleanup!

Put in liner, place meat in the bottom pour over the broth and then pour over the Cranberry sauce.

Put the lid on and let it cook until you get home! My hubby does not like Cranberry sauce except this way.

MsQuesMom
10-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Taco Soup

1 package of frozen meatballs (you can used cooked ground beef also)
2 cans Spicy V-8 juice
1 can diced Tomatoes with green chilies
2 cans beef broth
1 package dry Taco seasoning mix

I add a few carrots shreds, and a cup of instant rice half way through the day.
Serve with tortilla chips or hot tortillas and some grated cheese! Yummy and easy!

teabear
10-15-2008, 08:02 PM
I made chili today in the crockpot and wrote down what I used:

1 pound of ground pork, browned
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
fill tomato sauce can with water and add that
1 1/2 t. chili powder
1 t. paprika
3/4 t. salt
3/4 t. dried minced onion
1/2 t. minced garlic
1 t. brown sugar
1/8 t. ground oregano
1 T. bbq sauce

Mix together, cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Yummy and pretty spicy, too. I think this chili powder I have from New Mexico is on the hot side. I also added in about 1/2 cup of leftover ranch beans and about 1/2 cup of leftover refried beans. If I hadn't had those I might have added another can of beans. Any leftovers around here find their way into something new. We are having it with cornbread.

cindi
10-15-2008, 11:23 PM
I'll have to check my recipes but off the top of my head..I make my spaghetti sauce in the crock pot. I brown my meats in a pane then add them to the crock pot along with my onions, mushrooms and all other seasonings, I have abig crock pot so I use 2 large cans of crushred tomatoes, 1 large can diced tomatoes, and 1 can tomato paste, I cook all day. then we have a yummy spagheti supper and I freeze 2 batches in zip lock freezer bags, so I only have to make sauce about every 3 times we have speghetti.
:)

cindi
10-15-2008, 11:24 PM
I'll have to check my recipes but off the top of my head..I make my spaghetti sauce in the crock pot. I brown my meats in a pan then add them to the crock pot along with my onions, mushrooms and all other seasonings, I have a big crock pot so I use 2 large cans of crushed tomatoes, 1 large can diced tomatoes, and 1 can tomato paste, I cook all day. then we have a yummy spagheti supper and I freeze 2 batches in zip lock freezer bags, so I only have to make sauce about every 3 times we have speghetti.
:)

karla_m_angelstamper
10-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Here's my favorite:

Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches
1 roast
1 can French Onion Soup
1 pkg. Good Seasons Italian Dressing (dry mix)
1 pkg. AuJus (dry mix)
1 cup water
Mozzarella Cheese Slices

Place roast in crockpot. Add the rest of ingredients. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for about 6 hours. Remove roast from crockpot and shred meat. Place meat on one side of open hoagie buns and top with mozzarella cheese slices. Broil in oven for a few minutes until cheese is melted and buns are lightly toasted. Put the remaining drippings from the crockpot into individual serving dishes to dip your sandwiches in.

cecescraps
10-16-2008, 11:54 AM
I made Vicki's Pepper Steak last nite and it was easy and yummy. TFS ladies!!

TiikkiStars
10-16-2008, 01:18 PM
I am trying one from Tami today!! The one with the chicken, lemons, and rosemary. I've also added carrots and onions to the pot. I'll let you know how it turns out!

teabear
11-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Oh my heck....do you know about the crockpot lady? She has been trying out a new crockpot recipe every day of 2008 and critiquing all the recipes. I tried her taco soup yesterday and it was yummy. Even Kyle who doesn't like anything "spicy" ate 2 bowls of it. Here is her blog. (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/) She is amazing.

cecescraps
11-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Tami, Thanks for sharing this site! I read through some of the recipes and there are some yummy sounding ones. Can't wait to give a few a try. Thanks again!

Nancy
11-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Do the recipes that everyone puts on here, go to a separate recipe file? and if so, where?- Nancy

Vintagegal
11-04-2008, 09:19 PM
I just made this for our supper, tonight:

4 lbs country style pork ribs
1 bottle Honey BBQ sauce
1 medium onion, diced
2 cans pinto beans, drained
garlic powder
salt
pepper

1) Season ribs on both sides with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Broil (about 5" from heat source), nine minutes on each side, or until ribs are brown.
2) Set in crockpot.
3) Spring chopped onion over the meat.
4) Pour beans and BBQ sauce over ribs. Toss ribs and everything else, gently.
5) Cook on low for 10 hours.

This is so fork tender when it's done. It's simply delicious!!

loobylou
11-05-2008, 06:31 AM
what does broil mean?

pjpants
11-06-2008, 01:30 PM
I have this crock pot recipe that i got in a swap, and i make it all the time!

2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
mix below ingredients and pour over chicken cook on low about 6 hours
2 tbsp butter
1 cube cream cheese
1 package dry ranch salad dressing mix
1 lg can cream of chicken soup, (sometimes i will use cheese soup & cream of celery)

I serve over white rice YUM!

shuggy
11-06-2008, 04:54 PM
what does broil mean?

it's the top heating element in the oven. if you broil something, it's cooked with closer to the heating element at higher heat and browns quickly. like if you make garlic cheese bread, you could broil it and make it bubbly and warm quicker. does that make sense?

i don't know if that was a good description...

GotCats?
11-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Can I ask a silly question? I am a super-duper paranoid person, and I don't think I could turn on a crock pot and leave it run during the day when I am not at home. Do you guys do this? Ever had any issues? I am terrified that it will overheat or something and burn the place down. Am I just being OCD?

I am one of those people that will get out of bed to triple check that I turned off the stove burners, or turn around on my way to work to make sure I unplugged the toaster. Yeah, I admit it....paranoid......

Christie
08-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Can I ask a silly question? I am a super-duper paranoid person, and I don't think I could turn on a crock pot and leave it run during the day when I am not at home. Do you guys do this? Ever had any issues? I am terrified that it will overheat or something and burn the place down. Am I just being OCD?

I am one of those people that will get out of bed to triple check that I turned off the stove burners, or turn around on my way to work to make sure I unplugged the toaster. Yeah, I admit it....paranoid......

I do it all the time! I do worry sometimes but I think overall they are pretty safe.

tesschap
08-12-2009, 11:26 AM
I do this all the time also. I always put a tin tray (from the dollar store) under the crockpot to catch anything that may 'boil over' from the crockpot and I set that on top of a wood cutting board. My fear was always that the countertop could get ruined. Knock on wood ... I've never had any issues.

Christie
08-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I do this all the time also. I always put a tin tray (from the dollar store) under the crockpot to catch anything that may 'boil over' from the crockpot and I set that on top of a wood cutting board. My fear was always that the countertop could get ruined. Knock on wood ... I've never had any issues.

Good idea about the tin pan. I might start doing that!

Kreative Dryve
08-12-2009, 01:11 PM
here is a favorite of mine: