PDA

View Full Version : My husband is out of job starting Friday...

pesc
10-16-2008, 01:23 PM
My husband will finish his contract on Friday, he was doing the job of a girl in maternity leave and she came back to work this week. We knew it was coming and financially we should manage without to much trouble and he has never been out of job for a long periode of time (never more then a month). I don't know if you have that in US or elsewhere in the world but here we have unemployement assurance so you still have an income coming but less money of course but that's all right.

The things that is stressing us more is the fact that there is 3 job in is area of expertrise that will open soon (of course this is not the stressing part, because at least there is some job opening!)... but one seems to be for really soon but it's another maternity leave so not a stable job. My husband is kind of tired of having a non stable job and I can understand him, it's not easy to start again every year! It's not because he is not doing a good job, it's just because that's what life brough us. The 2 other jobs would be permanent job but may come later in the year and well it's hard to refuse a job if you don't know if you will have one after... I'm not sure I'm clear but I hope you can understand a bit a the situation.

On top of it, when I got Audrey, he has start a new job 2 weeks after she was born and since it was a new job he could not stay at home with me to give some help and I found that really hard because the delivery was not that easy and I was not able to move around and do stuff by myself for about 3 weeks after... So the plan was for this new baby, we have a new baby, you stay home at least 6 weeks to give me help or I'm not willing to start that again...

Now I'm pregnant, and I'm kind of afraid he will have a new job (I want him to get one but you know what I mean) and for him not to be able to give me some help in the beggining... My dad will come to help (he is GREAT with babies and everything around the house!!!) but at that time of the year he often get respiratory infection and of course he cannot come if he is ill. Having my MIL over will not be a good idea since last time I had to cook her meals... so I don't need more work...

I know I was able to manage the first time with Audrey but I do also remember how much I've cried... and well I would prefer if this time could be smoother!!!

Well thank you for letting me share and I know everything will turn out for the best... it's just never the fun part when you just have to assume it will be ok... it's much easier when you know it after it's all done!!

teabear
10-16-2008, 02:16 PM
I hope it all works out for you. It looks like you are getting into your last month here very soon. Try to focus all your energy into the positive things and take care of yourself here at the end of your pregnancy.

cindi
10-16-2008, 03:26 PM
wow, timing huh? I'll pray for your family that it all works out for the best, and easiest too.
take care, and NO stressing!
:wubclub:

logcabincreations
10-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Can he apply for the permanent job and then work the maternity leave too? I pray it all will work out the best for him and your family.

pesc
10-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Can he apply for the permanent job and then work the maternity leave too? I pray it all will work out the best for him and your family.

In fact, that's what I'm hoping. They called allready to say that his candidature was selected but the need more persons before to do the interview. As it's for the government he may be able to take the paternity leave if this is the job he got. But if they call him for the other job that's where it gets tricky! Well I beleive that nothing happen for nothing in life so I will hope it will be for the best again! :)

ccstampin12
10-16-2008, 06:01 PM
I hope it all works out the best way possible for you and your family!
HUGS and LUCK!
Joanie

Canadian, eh
10-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Oh Pesc, this has been a hard year for you! I am so sorry to hear of your recent news. I have you and your family in my prayers!

midnitecreations
10-16-2008, 06:48 PM
I really hope it all works out for you. Having a baby is stressful and then to go through it without your hubby. I'm sure he'd rather be with you too. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Paula Carden
10-16-2008, 07:17 PM
Thinking of you and your family. All will work out but it is hard sometimes to have faith- Take care!

Monkey Love
10-17-2008, 01:44 PM
I hope that the job and the baby care work out for whatever is best for your happy family! Patty

Christie
10-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Oh Pacale I'm sorry to hear this. I hope he can find a new reallly fast!!! Don't worry about after the birth of the baby, things have a way of working itself out!!!