PDA

View Full Version : Question about Just Rite stamper products

maxiesmom
10-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Ok, I think I have finally gotten an idea about what stuff I want to get, but just don't understand how you can get the words to be in a semi circle. It looks like the grooves on the stampers are all the same, so how does that part work? I want custom messages, not the premade ones like the kitchen, desk set, but along those lines.
They only had the self inking at Archivers today and she couldn't understand why I wouldn't want that one versus the wooden block one! Uh like the price for one!
I've read a bunch of stuff on the sets and still don't get it!

kimmyqtgirl
10-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Hmmm... I looked on the website and I don't know if I understand it either have you checked there?

workin4stamps
10-18-2008, 06:43 AM
I subscribe to a bunch of blogs that talk about their products a lot. I don't know off the top of my head which blogs they are, but next time I see info on them I will direct you there. I think some of them might be on their design team. I've been out of town and super busy the last week or so, so I haven't been able to do a lot of surfing. Hopefully this weekend when I'm catching up I will find some.

loobylou
10-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Pascale (Pesc) has used them, and so has Kim (Hutchink). They both made their own custom messages. you might want to send them a PM and get the low-down

iloveflipflops
10-18-2008, 07:38 AM
I don't get "it" either so I will be waiting for the response you get. I have been resisting all of them so far :)

Paula Carden
10-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Me too- please let us know what you figure out-
I have looked and been tempted but wasn't sure unless you did personalize that I would use them much.

maxiesmom
10-18-2008, 09:23 AM
I have looked at the Just Rite site and blog, was hoping when I was at Archivers I would finally have a light bulb moment, but she wasn't very helpful since I knew I didn't want the self inking. I don't want to do the monogram thing necessarily, but who knows if I had it I may after all?

I think it was when Paperlicious blog was a guest member of the DT that put me over the edge, but she just had a death in her family so I didn't want to bug her.
It's just the curviness factor that confuses me the most! And should I get an extra handle.

pesc
10-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Ok so let's try to explain that... Their website is not clear at all if you ask me... I've order one (the truth is that order almost all of them... but who is counting LOL) of those stamp (https://www.justritestampers.com/category.aspx?categoryID=146)kit wich come with the wooden peice that you can mount the border in the round groove and "big" letter in the middle part of it.
Then if you want to make your special text as I love to do, you have to buy the Small Letter Set for Round Monogram Stamper (https://www.justritestampers.com/category.aspx?categoryID=147). I've also bought the numbers just on top of that...
So with the twiser that comes with it, you can place the small letters in the "round" grove or in the flat grooves in the middle if you wish and write whatever you like :)
I did not see the gorgeous rectangle woodmount (http://www.justritestampers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=JB-08110)things that you seems to be able to use with all the font set they are selling!! (I'm not ordering it, I'm not, I'm not!!!)
Seriously I like it a lot but I've called the company directly to understand how it was working since I could not figure it out only on their website!
I hope it helps!

smileycollector
10-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Thank you for the info Pascale. I was wondering about these too. So far I've resisted, but it's very tempting! :)

pesc
10-18-2008, 09:41 AM
I've order the new big circle punch from SU! and If I'm right it will punch out that size of circle. So far I can only use the scallop punch from SU! to punch it or use the coluzzle.
I have look for a picture of something I've done with it and could not find!!! I've made project but gave them away allready!

hutchink
10-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Yes it is so easy- you just put the letters in the grove on the wood mount! I really really really want the rectangle mount now.

pesc
10-18-2008, 09:47 AM
I know it's really too tempting to buy the rectangle mount... But for me it's not worth it with the shipping and the border in Canada... I will have to wait a bit and order a lot of thing together...

Swanie78
10-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Ok so let's try to explain that... Their website is not clear at all if you ask me... I've order one (the truth is that order almost all of them... but who is counting LOL) of those stamp (https://www.justritestampers.com/category.aspx?categoryID=146)kit wich come with the wooden peice that you can mount the border in the round groove and "big" letter in the middle part of it.
Then if you want to make your special text as I love to do, you have to buy the Small Letter Set for Round Monogram Stamper (https://www.justritestampers.com/category.aspx?categoryID=147). I've also bought the numbers just on top of that...
So with the twiser that comes with it, you can place the small letters in the "round" grove or in the flat grooves in the middle if you wish and write whatever you like :)
I did not see the gorgeous rectangle woodmount (http://www.justritestampers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=JB-08110)things that you seems to be able to use with all the font set they are selling!! (I'm not ordering it, I'm not, I'm not!!!)
Seriously I like it a lot but I've called the company directly to understand how it was working since I could not figure it out only on their website!
I hope it helps!

Another one here who is totally confused as to how it works. I need someone to tell me EXACTLY what I need to buy. Because I start looking at it all and cant figure out what is the "basics" and what are additions.
Eventually I would like to invest in this, but Im scared to order and then not have what I NEED to start and have to spend more money on completing with the essentials.
Thank you for explaining this though...it makes more sense!
Nichole Heady does a lot of her stuff using the Just Rite products. She's the one making it soooo irresistable for me...lol

hutchink
10-18-2008, 10:21 AM
I thought a picture is worth a thousand words.

The first photo shows How the center you can put one big letter or 3 middle sized letters in it with a border

The second photo- how that ring around the outside edge is where you put the little letters or a border.

The third photo show the 3 sizes of letters and the stamper

Hope this makes it a little clear for everyone!

pesc
10-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Kim you are the best! I could not get around of doing this, but you are right pictures helps a lot :)

maxiesmom
10-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Oh you so ROCK!! :jiggy: Now I know exactly what is what!! You are right, the picture did the trick. Now if only Archivers could have done this in person yesterday???

krcrafts
10-18-2008, 04:10 PM
I have the self-inking one and also have the small letter set.
I really didn't know much about them when I first bought them, but if I had, I would've bought the wooden circle block instead of the self-inking one. It's really easy to put the letters in the groove around the border, but it's just as easy for them to fling all over the place, too!! LOL (yes, I've lost a letter already).

hutchink
10-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Oh I love that - how you did Christmas wishes from the family on it! Great Idea- I think I will be a copy cat! :)

maxiesmom
10-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Ooooh Kelli, you added another picture, I like that one too!

TiikkiStars
10-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Taylor from www.tayloredexpressions.com (http://www.tayloredexpressions.com) is carrying them in her online store. Consequently, she has lots of examples on her blog. You might find more information there.

:> Karen