1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup currants, if desired

Glaze Ingredients:

1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES™ Fat Free Half & Half or milk

Heat oven to 375°F. Combine butter and brown sugar in large bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add pumpkin, 1/4 cup half & half and egg yolk; continue beating until smooth and creamy. Stir in all remaining scone ingredients except currants until well mixed. Stir in currants, if desired.

Drop rounded 1/4 cupfuls of dough evenly onto ungreased baking sheet.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and scones are set. Remove from baking sheet to cooling rack.

Combine powdered sugar and enough half & half in small bowl for desired glazing consistency. Drizzle over warm or cooled scones.

Don't these sound delish!??!?!?!??!

loobylou
10-24-2008, 08:57 PM
I love pumpkin scones. I just cut into a whole pumpkin last night. I cannot believe you buy pumpkin in a can! is it mushy, or chunks , or what?
I'll give your recipe a try.

My3Ds
10-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Sounds yummo! Sarah - Can you buy canned pumpking in Australia? Canned pumpkin is smooth and thin consistency kind of like tomato soup. Maybe not as thin, but close.

loobylou
10-24-2008, 09:12 PM
I've never seen pumpkin in a can. But I do have a stick blender that I can make mine smooth with. That's what I use for my pumpkin and apple soup

maxiesmom
10-24-2008, 09:16 PM
I've never seen pumpkin in a can. But I do have a stick blender that I can make mine smooth with. That's what I use for my pumpkin and apple soup

Really? Here not only do we have plain pimpkin, but you can get it with spices already in it for use in a pie! I do like to cook up fresh pumpkin and put it through a food mill though.

loobylou
10-24-2008, 09:36 PM
I would have thought you'd be over-run with real live pumpkins this time of year. i keep seeing photos of kids in pumpkin patches!

Mrs. Fence
10-24-2008, 10:01 PM
We are over run with pumpkins! But it's too easy to buy it in the can!!!

Far North
10-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Pumpkins won't grow here due to our short growing season. Because they weigh so much they are very expensive here. I saw some large pumpkins at the store-I would not call them extremely large but they were $79.!!!! I can not image paying that much for a large pumpkin. Tracey you can buy lots of cans of pumpkin for that price!

loobylou
10-25-2008, 12:54 AM
Pumpkins won't grow here due to our short growing season. Because they weigh so much they are very expensive here. I saw some large pumpkins at the store-I would not call them extremely large but they were $79.!!!! I can not image paying that much for a large pumpkin. Tracey you can buy lots of cans of pumpkin for that price!
oh my goodness!!!! I would put up with canned pumpkin at that price! Jan, do you miss out on lots of fresh food because of your climate?

iloveflipflops
10-25-2008, 05:15 AM
$79 for a pumpkin? WOW, that is insane. I paid $6 for each of mine that are outside :)

Paula Carden
10-25-2008, 06:31 AM
I thought 6 was expensive for a pumpkin-but compared to Jan's I guess it was a real bargain!
Sherri that recipe sounds terrific-I think I might try it! TFS-

Christie
10-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Well that is crazy for them to be that much. I think I'd just use fake pumpkins for decoration!!! I don't like pumpkin taste so I don't ever have a need to buy the canned stuff. Yuck!

maxiesmom
10-25-2008, 10:26 AM

Oh poor Jan, not only do you have to pay too much for gasoline but you can't even get a cheap pumpkin! And all you get in return is living in an incredibly gorgeous place where moose regularly roam through your yard! :wubclub:

CharityHand
10-25-2008, 04:12 PM
I've never bought a pumpkin for eating. Just for carving. Aren't carving pumpkin seeds the only edible part?

maxiesmom
10-25-2008, 04:44 PM
I've never bought a pumpkin for eating. Just for carving. Aren't carving pumpkin seeds the only edible part?

I buy the smaller pie pumpkins for the other stuff. I'm pretty sure you can use a regular pumpkin that way also if you wanted. Don't see why not.

1of2shoes
10-26-2008, 02:20 AM
Oh man, I LOVE scones and I LOVE pumpkin. Great combo. Thanks for the recipe, Sherri.

loobylou
10-26-2008, 06:11 AM
My kids loved these scones (they are NOT pumpkin eaters- so it was exciting). I don't know if mine look right. I used fresh pumpkin that I cooked myself. It was still a bit warm as I put it in the bowl, so the butter softened. I put pepitas on top (pumpkin seed kernels).they go all toasted and crispy.
What do you think?

iloveflipflops
10-26-2008, 09:05 AM
I'll be right over Sarah. They look yummy to me :)

hutchink
10-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Sherri can I catch a ride with you? Those scones look delicious! I could use one right now! YUMMY!

teabear
10-26-2008, 11:00 AM
yummy! I think I'm gonna go make these right now. Off to be sure I have all the ingredients.