PDA

View Full Version : Shimmerz-new product

Far North
10-29-2008, 03:36 AM
Have you heard about or tried this new product? It is a very thin watercolor paint that has tiny bits of mica in it...and so it shimmerz when you tilt your card.
On November 1st new colors are to be released for the holiday season. So on the home blog site Shimmerz (http://shimmerzpaints.blogspot.com/) is having a bog candy drawing for the new colors. Leave a comment by October 31st 11:59 MST. Maybe if enough shackies say they heard about it at the Stamp Shack they will donate some for a contest prize here some time-we can wish! Hope a Shackie wins!

Paula Carden
10-29-2008, 06:47 AM
I have some that I bought and tried it once- I bought 2 sets from Powder Keg. It was displayed so nicely a stamp convention I could not resist. Plus she is such a good demo that I thought I really needed after doing the Friday nights Make and Takes. I have maybe used it once since I got home with it- hmm new colors I shall have to take a look tho...

Vintagegal
10-29-2008, 06:57 AM
I wonder how different it is from Glimmer Mist (which also has mica)?

loobylou
10-29-2008, 08:52 AM
bling with class!!! sounds like something I NEED!

Far North
10-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Ha-ha you know these companies focus on creative yet another glitz, glimmer, bling that we can't live without! They add a twist to their product so it is different and we need some of each.

Paula I bet you bought glitter glitz in small pots-it is great stuff too. Ethel this leaves a sheer coat wherever it is painted instead of the mist look so it is a different more intense shimmer but not the specific sparks of glimmer mist. Yep just like the difference between watercolor paints, pencils, crayons...very similiar but different and oh how we search to find our favs!

ctinyjoy
10-29-2008, 12:26 PM
More enabling.....thanks for the link Jan! I have been seeing these used alot on blogs and wondered where to get them, etc.

Christie
10-29-2008, 12:33 PM
I haven't heard of it but it sure sounds pretty!!!!!

hutchink
10-29-2008, 12:34 PM
I went and put my name in the hat but if I don't win I just might have to get me some of these next year (not buying anything new for the rest of the year)

JBgreendawn
10-29-2008, 01:27 PM
do you use this like sparkling h2o's with an water brush???

teabear
10-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Stacy, you read my mind. I was wondering if it's a cake or if it's ready to go as is. It looks very pretty. Put my name in the hat, too. It's up over 200 entries already.

Far North
10-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Shimmerz is ready to go after some shaking to mix the mica. It is a thin, watery paint. I like to use a small paint brush with thin bristles so I can have the most control of where I am painting.

As I recently mentioned here that a new LSS in town, Back Porch Memories, who specializes in an internet monthly scrap club...so Paula is big into new products. YIPEE, I can now buy some new products locally! She is posted on the Shimmerz page as selling on her Internet site. She is competitive with pricing and is careful not to gouge for postage.

JBgreendawn
10-30-2008, 10:15 AM
I opened one of the jars last night just to see, and they are liquid-y. not a solid like H2O's so this will be interesting... may go make a space on my table to test one.. really dont want to clean haha.