PDA

View Full Version : OMG My husband got a job! but...

pesc
10-31-2008, 10:36 AM
My husband had a job interview yesterday, and well he had a call this morning telling him that he got it... It's a good strange news... but put us in a akward decision... It's a 10 month contract... so not a permanent job.

He has another job interview next week for a permanent job that he would like better with better conditions.

The most tricky part of it all is that I will have my baby soon and he was suppose to stay with me for 5 weeks.

What should we tell the first job?!? I'm interested but I can work only 1.5 weeks before my wife will have the delivery... and if I've got the job for the permanent one I will leave you without anyone!?!

We just cannot not tell them at all because, Baie-Comeau is a small town and everyone knows everyone and we are kind of straitfull people!

Ok, this does not help me rest!!! I'll keep you informed!

teabear
10-31-2008, 10:50 AM
I hope it all works out for you Pascale. Sending hugs.

hutchink
10-31-2008, 10:52 AM
It will all work out the way it was meant to work out, I have faith! HUGS!

Christie
10-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Well you could always just tell them up front what the story is. Then they can either decide to hire him or not. It's best to be honest. It will all work out the way it is suppose to!!!!!!!!!

cindi
10-31-2008, 11:21 AM
I hope it all works out for the best! keep us posted
:)

pesc
10-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Well we did exactly what Christie suggest, Pascal told them the situation and they told him that they would go with their plan B.

Seriously it would be a case for discrimination but I don't care. It was only a 10 months job and he can get unemployment for all that time anyway. He still have time to get one of the 2 permanents jobs is looking for and with those 2 other jobs it should not be a problem to get some time to help me with the new baby that is coming. I have faith that life is working things for us the best way it's possible.

Thanks for your prayers! I'm sure it did help!

Thanks also for letting me share with you all! :)

Christie
10-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Well I'm sorry they didn't give him the job. At least he was up front with them and then let them decide. It's better that way, you don't want to lie then you end up looking bad in the end. I'm sure things will work out and the next one will be the one he is looking for!

GrammaStamper
10-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Being truthful with a prospective is always the best way, IMO. Contract work can be tricky and it's done for the best interests of the employer, not the person they hire. Keep your hopes going for the permanent job and I'll be sending positive thoughts.

hbpuppy
10-31-2008, 12:00 PM
I think you both made the right decision. I think taking care of you and the baby is very important.