PDA

View Full Version : So ... with Christmas being so close, have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

iloveflipflops
11-12-2008, 02:47 PM
I have finally started. Usually by now I am finished but not this year. I just couldn't get in the mood.

I have one thing on my list that my godchild wants and I have looked in every Cracker Barrell and so far, can't find it ...

She wants a Webkinz duck. I have seen every animal except for the duck so the search continues. LOL

GrammaStamper
11-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Yes, I have and that's amazing. I'm able to go out to stores and look around and you know what, I'm gonna spend way too much money this year just because I can get around! Oh well, so far I've got 5 gifts, mostly for grandkids. YIPPEE SKIPPY.

Christie
11-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Ha, all I have done is think about it!! Nathan asked me when we were going to start and I told him as soon as he wanted but that is as far as we got! LOL!!!

Christie
11-12-2008, 02:58 PM
I found this site selling the duck: http://www.webkinzwiz.com/webkinz-duck.html
That is one expensive duck!!!

Darleneh710
11-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Yes! I have started my Christmas shopping. A couple weekends ago me and my bf went to WM and I found the HP Scene It my dd wants and couldn't believe it...kinda costly, but she's worth it right? And then I got my mom a Christmas gift as well on Monday. I have decided for this year since I can't spend too much...I am going to buy one gift for everyone and then make them one too..I am leaning towards the 4x4 coaster calendars...

tojoco
11-12-2008, 03:32 PM
I haven't started shopping yet but I am working on an Altered Comp. Book for my girlfriend that is taking forever to finish. I'll post it when it's done cause I like how it's coming out.

Sherri, those Webkinz are pretty cool. My nephews are collecting them. I'll try to check out the Cracker Barrel here to see if they have the duck and let you know.

I think we're going to get Corey an iphone3G for Christmas and that will be all he gets. I went to the Apple store and saw they have it for $199.

Spartymom
11-12-2008, 03:42 PM
I just went shopping Monday for the girls. I was hoping it would get me in the mood, but it didn't. I must say that the girls are pretty much done though. Yeah! It was fun getting little gifts for them. I bought a Webkin dinosaur and the horse, but didn't see a duck Sherri.

pesc
11-12-2008, 03:53 PM
hummm I tought I was done until I read your post and realised I was forgetting about by god daugthers!!!! Pregnant woman!!! I better get on those one fast because with the C-Section next week I won't have much time for shopping after that!!!

tesschap
11-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Yes, I've started my shopping. I got my niece and nephew iPod shuffles - Jacob's is green (they are John Deere farmers) and Jessica's is pink (because she's the princess)! I ordered them directly from the Apple website. I got 17% off (my company's discount), free shipping, and free engraving. Mind you the shuffles are the size of a matchbook and you can barely see the engraving but it will help if they get stolen. I ordered them last Wednesday and they arrived Monday from China - great service!

My sister and I bought our mom and stepdad a Tom Tom GPS. I picked it up on Saturday. I also got Drew two pair of dress pants and a dress shirt for work from JCPenney and Evan two sweaters from JCrew.

I've made a dent but I'm nowhere near being done! I'd like to get Drew a Wii Fit and Evan wants a Wii for his house - we'll see. First it depends on if I can find them and second it depends on what else I buy them on their LONG lists!

cecescraps
11-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Teresa, I got my mom & stepdad a Tom Tom for Mother's/Father's Day and they LOVE it!! My mom says my stepdad talks to it like "she" can hear him. Too funny!! They were forever getting lost so, it was well worth every penny. :)

cecescraps
11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
As far as Christmas shopping... I've picked up a few little things here and there for DH's grandchildren (Ally is 3 and Nora just turned 2). Also, a few things for the billions of nieces and nephews we have between the two families and, yesterday I bought Merritt a new cell phone (a Voyager) . She dropped her old cell phone into a glass of milk (saw it happen so know it's true) and even though we removed the battery right away and dried everything out it still doesn't work. The Voyager was about $250 so, she has to pay me back $50 and apply the $200 to her Christmas budget. Yeah, we'll see if she complains about that when presents start appearing under the tree and Patrick has way more than her. LOL I really need to get my act together b/c I have to ship everything except for the four of us... New York, SC, NC, WA, VA and FL!!

tesschap
11-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Teresa, I got my mom & stepdad a Tom Tom for Mother's/Father's Day and they LOVE it!! My mom says my stepdad talks to it like "she" can hear him. Too funny!! They were forever getting lost so, it was well worth every penny. :)

How funny! My parents drive to Florida every winter and this year they want to stop off in Tennessee, which is quite a ways out of their way. We figured this would be a good thing for them! I'm sure my stepdad will come up with a name for 'her' and converse with 'her' all the time!

jazzypurple853
11-12-2008, 05:19 PM
I shop throughtout the year, if I see something for someone, I get it.

workin4stamps
11-12-2008, 05:46 PM
yes!! And I am almost DONE! I thought of one more gift that I need to pick up today, but for the most part I'm done!!

Now..the few things I'm making....well.....that is another story..........

suzi_f
11-12-2008, 05:47 PM
We're getting close. At least as far as the kids are concerned. DD is getting a new computer (dh already bought it, spent a TON on it but it has blu-ray player; she'll LOVE it!!) and probably a couple of movies (blu-ray of course!). Target had a sale on Wii games a week or so ago & we bought him 3 for $100. He's also getting a PSP & some games for it. My parents will probably get a gift card. We're buying his mom a C'mas tree (weird I know but she has everything she could EVER need but I think the trees she has are the same ones she had when Scott was a teen!!) There are the 2 new babies (who are both 3 now!) that will most likely get gift cards.

We stopped buying for bros, sis, niece's & nephews a few years ago. It was getting too confusing. I tried to do the gift exchange thing but, it never caught on. I miss it but it sure makes the gift lists shorter!

I don't have a list from dh yet. I gave him mine (it was quite extensive & VERY detailed so he can't get it wrong!!!)

ellie
11-12-2008, 06:44 PM
I have a couple of things. We have actually decided not to do presents at all this year. Three of my kids are in college so we are going to just be together for fun and games.

Vintagegal
11-12-2008, 09:01 PM
I shop throughtout the year, if I see something for someone, I get it.

I do too. I shopped at Kate Spade and Coach over the summer. So, my mom and three sisters-in-law are all done. DH is getting some awesome running shoes, DS is getting Guitar Hero. I'll be buying those this weekend. Mom and Dad and my in-laws are getting dinner and movie gift certificates. My nephew is going to get something Transformers or Power Ranger-related. My younger brother is getting "Livestrong" workout gear (the Lance Armstrong exercise wear). My older brother is going to get something photography-related. I already know what everyone is going to get. I'm just waiting to be paid on Friday and in two weeks, so I can pay cash for gifts (I refuse to use my credit card to buy presents).

I hate wandering around the malls. I have to have a purpose to go shopping at a mall. I just don't like wandering aimlessly, and I hate crowds. So, if I can just walk in, walk out, I'll be a happy shopper this Holiday season.

Nancy
11-12-2008, 09:07 PM
I am done, just have to wrap and send, or just send the gift certificates. - Nancy

iloveflipflops
11-12-2008, 09:41 PM
WOW Nancy .. I am impressed :). Good for you!

Firecracker
11-12-2008, 09:56 PM
I am almost done. I have done a lot of internet shopping and it is sent to the house. I do love that. My sister and I are buying my dad an ipodd and Johhny Cash music for it. Mom is getting a new watch and clothes. I had started four albums for Christmas but I don't think they are going to get them for Christmas. It was just an extra gift. Maybe for Valentines. Hugs, Heather

babylamb
11-13-2008, 07:46 AM
I was totally done 2 weeks ago. If I don't start early then I spend too much on gifts and then there's the postage to get them to the kids. I set limits for all of them, gather through the year, put everything in a big bin so I don't lose it. It's almost like christmas when I look in there and see everything, some of it I've forgotten I bought!