PDA

View Full Version : Poll--Holiday bling what are your new favs?

Far North
11-13-2008, 11:30 AM
While visiting family this last week I had just a little time to check out a few craft stores. I got to visit my first Hobby Lobby store and bought a pot of Ranger's Embossing Tinsel-gold with the coupon burning a hole in my pocket. LOL I was trying to keep my purchases to a mimimum and only use 1 suitcase. I must digress and say that I did very well--the maximum weight is 50 pounds per suitcase and mine was 50.5 and they don't charge the fee until it is 51 pounds!!! I laughed when it was weighed at the airport since I had no way to know that before hand.

This Embossing Tinsel is the BEST. It is like bright gold glitter embossed. What bling for holiday cards! How had I missed knowing about this product?? Has anyone tried the snowflake color?

I also made my first visit to an Archivers store. Now that store was overwhelming to me with so much stuff! It makes me realize how limited of products is when I can see only my local J's and M's. I made a quick 2nd stop there on the way to the airport to buy a golden rod stickles...and made an impluse purchase at the check-out of Marvy's Twinklette green glitter pen since I don't have a Christmas green. I am totally impressed by it's sparkle.

I love putting extra bling on my cards for the holiday...do you have a favorite new product? I depend on all the shackies to keep me up to speed on products...Thanks so much for sharing!

tesschap
11-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Wow - I've never heard of the embossing tinsel or the twinklette glitter pen. I've never been to a Hobby Lobby or Archivers :( A HL opened five hours from me and after reading your post I am seriously thinking of making a trip - is 10 hours round trip to extreme?!

tojoco
11-13-2008, 11:38 AM
I don't know if I would call it bling but I can't wait to use some of my new Christmas flower soft on a Christmas card. It may not be shiny but it sure makes cards "POP."

teabear
11-13-2008, 02:40 PM
ooh ahhh, I'm loving your descriptions of these new goodies. I'm on the lookout for some distress stickles to bling up my holiday projects.

iloveflipflops
11-13-2008, 04:17 PM
I am loving the Martha Stewart "snow". It goes on with a little bit of glue and it just dries on. Its like tiny snowflakes and looks like the real stuff to me. Love it!!!

loobylou
11-13-2008, 05:38 PM
I love the look of the Shimmerz products. No luck in finding an Aussie distributor yet, but I hope I see some at the craft expo next weekend.This year I am using ribbon with lurex/glittery bits to bling up my Christmas cards