PDA

View Full Version : looking for a Banana Pudding Recipe

jazzypurple853
11-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Does anyone have a banana pudding recipe, that calls for vanilla wafers and vanilla pudding?

teabear
11-13-2008, 07:34 PM
It's not really a recipe, but I make a large package of vanilla pudding on the stovetop just the same as the directions on the box. I line the bottom of the bowl with vanilla wafers and add a sliced up banana, then pour on part of the pudding and repeat the layers making sure to end with a layer of vanilla wafers. I use 2-3 bananas and most of the box of vanilla wafers.

Christie
11-13-2008, 07:50 PM
I do the same as Tami. Sometimes I will add whip-cream to the top of it too!! Yum!!!! I love banana pudding the second day after the wafers are all soggy!!!!!

iloveflipflops
11-13-2008, 08:17 PM
I have the BEST banana pudding recipe and its SUPER easy!!!

Banana Pudding

14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup cold water
4 oz instant vanilla pudding
4 oz Cool Whip, thawed
36 vanilla wafers
3 medium bananas, sliced

Combine sweet condensed milk and water, beat in pudding. Chill 5 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip, bananas and wafers.

Mmmmmm good!!!

Paula Carden
11-13-2008, 09:20 PM
I use the one on the Nilla Vanilla Wafer box. It is flour, sugar, eggs, milk etc...
It is good!

cecescraps
11-13-2008, 10:40 PM
I make the same one as Sherri but, I usually double it b/c my family LOVES banana pudding and I don't mix everything all together. I use a glass triffle dish and I do it in layers like a triffle. So, first I line the dish w/ vanilla wafers, then bananas, then the pudding mix and then cool whip, then repeat the layers ... always end w/ the cool whip. :)

jazzypurple853
11-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Thanks everyone! I can't wait to try the recipes!