PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday poll

iloveflipflops
11-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Who's going shopping on Black Friday which is November 28th this year?

Christie
11-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Not me! I did that one year and got some awesome deals but we have family coming in town and other things and will be to busy. Plus the lines are horrific!

cindi
11-15-2008, 08:40 PM
well, not me..I never do! I hate crowded stores..it's just not my thing.
I hope some one does & shares what they got so I won't be totally left out!
actually I work that day, and traditionally it's been a busy day for me..I hope this year is too
:)

MidwestStamper
11-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Depends on if I see anything good enough to lure me out of my cozy bed early in the morning! I've gone a couple times for good deals from M's or J's.

Once I went to a local department store and got some great deals for gifts--but oh, the check out line was awful!

emmcee
11-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Not me, I don't care if the stores are giving the stuff away. I tried that one year, and told myself that if I lived long enough to get out the store, they wouldn't see me on Black Friday again.

IMBlessed5
11-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I may go to the closest Walmart but that will be it.

I WILL however be up at midnight on Thanksgiving night shopping online to get the online Black Friday deals!!!

Paula Carden
11-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Not sure yet-depends whats on sale and how cold it is!

suzi_f
11-15-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm going to be in Spfld MO. My mom has threatend to drive the 1/2 hour from where she lives to meet me & go shopping. I told her NO WAY!!! DH & I went last year but we did all our shopping today & I am not going to stand in those lines!!!

I WILL however be up at midnight on Thanksgiving night shopping online to get the online Black Friday deals!!!

Last year, dh got online on Thur, T'giving day, and was able to get TONS of the Friday sales. We got a bunch of $4 videos & he got a GPS!! You won't see me any NEAR a Best Buy or Circuit city on Friday. That's where the crowds seemed craziest!!

scrappinnuts
11-15-2008, 09:32 PM
we go every year...My DD's DDIL... but we go to watch the people and just have some fun...and if we find a bargin or two then all the better... I love to get up early and watch the people.

tesschap
11-15-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm planning to go with Katie. I don't go for anything specific but it is fun and if you can find a bargain it's all the better. Usually we meet Drew for breakfast around 10 am and then head home for a nap. DH will most likely be at hunting camp so it's something fun for me to do!

shuggy
11-15-2008, 10:35 PM
no way!! plus i have to work.

smileycollector
11-15-2008, 10:54 PM
No Way! I'm with Michelle on this one...I don't care it they're giving it away, I won't wait in those lines! I prefer online shopping myself. :) I'm curious how many will be cutting back this year and spending less because of the economy. Maybe I should see if I can figure out how to post a poll like this.... hmmm

Inkisallover
11-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Oh no! We went a couple of years ago just to see what all the hype was about. I made dh go with me and we got into an accident in Walmart's parking lot and it wasn't pretty.

Far North
11-16-2008, 01:52 AM
They are already announcements of store sales on the internet--google Black Friday.

mydogstinks2
11-16-2008, 02:54 AM
I love it!! I will go this year if I do not have to work and I'm sure I'll be working.

Vintagegal
11-16-2008, 08:42 AM
I don't have anything on my list that would be on sale on Black Friday, so chances are my answer is "No. I won't be in the stores." lf anything, I'll probaby scour the ads for something for me. LOL!

spredbirds
11-16-2008, 10:42 AM
I love it ... look forward to it every year ... I have everything planned out and start at about 5am ... I am home by 9 or 10!

Suzanne
11-16-2008, 01:04 PM
It depends on what I find in the paper on Thur. I do not go unless there is a good deal on something the kids want for Christmas.

Spartymom
11-16-2008, 02:12 PM
No way! But, they are already advertising black friday prices at stores now.

Desert Stamper
11-16-2008, 04:15 PM
No way will I be out on that Friday! I hate shopping and crowds at the best of times. DH & I go to my sister's in CA every Thanksgiving weekend. After the feast, DH & my BIL watch guy movies. My sister and I hole up in her craft room and make our Christmas cards. That's gotten to be our tradition for the past four or five years.

Trapedinga
11-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Nope not me, Anyway I have to work that morning. I get to watch all the old men running in to get the cheap tools. Not really that many really good tools, just your average stuff.
My SIL does this every year and comes back just a cussing, she's spending time to get that one electronic item (and usally doesn't get it ) and misses out on all the other deals. Like Vikie, I may just check out the online sales at midnight.

logcabincreations
11-17-2008, 09:08 AM
There's no category for me to vote.....I have to work at Peebles that evening. It will be nuts I'm sure. Usually I don't go shopping on Black Friday though because I did that once several years ago and that was enough for me.

cecescraps
11-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Like many others I go mainly just to go and see what and who is out there. LOL Sometimes there is something that was on someones list and go in search of that item but, most of the time I just go to check out it all out and if I find something- great and if not, I come home and start putting away the Fall stuff and hauling out the Christmas and decorating. :)

hutchink
11-17-2008, 09:16 AM
LOVE IT! However Joe is usually the one to go out and get what we want- he calls me a million times so it is like I am with him! LOL!

Erin K
11-17-2008, 11:38 AM
I sorta like it. We are at my Dad's so if we go to the early ones we can leave the boys with my dad and stepmom and go, it's almost like a date!

But this year we won't unless we find a digital camera on great deal. Ours is so old and we need upgrades.

We might go to Target later in the day for some sales, but Best Buy is the WORST I think.

Of course it will be BEst Buy that has the camera

ChristyR
11-17-2008, 12:00 PM
yes i go every year with my mom and my aunt, it is a tradition we LOVE IT, like some others we mostly go to watch the madness ;) we buy a few things while were there too though ;) can't wait

Patty
11-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Not really--maybe M's or J's or ACM's if the coupon is good enough,