PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles fires

Vintagegal
11-16-2008, 05:20 AM
Please say a prayer for folks living in the Los Angeles area, including my mom and Kix (Joanie). My mom said fires are starting all around their area and the Santa Ana Winds are picking up embers and carrying them over neighboring communities. Then, a new fires will start. It's like a tinder-box over there, right now. Mom said the sky is dark and filled with ash, and it's blanketing their neighborhood. I am seriously afraid for my mom and dad and their house. So, if you could spare some time, today, please do say a prayer for them.

Thank you,

loobylou
11-16-2008, 07:39 AM
I will pray that everyone in the LA fires area is safe. It must be scary for them. Will they evacuate?

Paula Carden
11-16-2008, 08:47 AM
I certainly hope that everyone will be safe!
I can't imagine how they must all feel-no control over what happens at all.

HeatherJ
11-16-2008, 10:58 AM
I saw some of this on CNN this morning. My prayers are with them and their families!

jazzypurple853
11-16-2008, 11:00 AM
prayers with those that are being affected with the fires.

scrappinnuts
11-16-2008, 11:27 AM
I will say a prayer for them... My husband is on a fire in the Sylmar area of LA... big out there... my son on the one near Ethel Mom, also big...the winds are bad here...and it is very late in the season for the winds... there are at least 6 in surrounding areas...nothing near our house right now.... I will be praying

cindi
11-16-2008, 01:21 PM
i saw this on the news..very scary. I will certainly offer up prayers.

Artyfarty
11-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Just heard this news too and will def be keeping your close ones in my thoughts Ethel xxx

lakeslady
11-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Love and prayers for everyone in the CA area and blessings to all those brave firefighters working so hard to contain them

Far North
11-17-2008, 01:01 AM
I heard from Joni/kix today. She indicated that the fires are in the northern part of the county and since she lives in south orange county she is not experiencing any smoke at this time.