PDA

View Full Version : My dd who is only 14 has a boyfriend (which I am closely monitoring these days!)

iloveflipflops
12-23-2006, 07:27 PM
and her boyfriend's grandpa is in the hospital with spiral meningitis. He will be in there through New Years Day. The poor thing!! I would hate to spend the holidays in the hospital. He is in his 70's. Her bf's dad has been spending every single night in his room with him in a chair. I have never met the grandpa but wish I could do something!!!

Any ideas??

toao
12-23-2006, 07:45 PM
A card and a crossword puzzle book might be nice. (I guess depending on how serious it is and whether or not he could stand to sit up and do the puzzle) I just know that most people like something to do to keep their minds off of being immobile....even if it's for a short time.

Mary

Jellybean298
12-23-2006, 07:58 PM
I agree with Mary a card a a Crossword book is a good idea.

Deborah
12-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Spinal meningitis is often accompanied by the most dreadful headaches, and moving the head and neck can be excruciating in the earlier stages. Does he enjoy music? A soft Christmas music CD might be appreciated. Poor man, hope he's well soon!

toao
12-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Spinal meningitis is often accompanied by the most dreadful headaches, and moving the head and neck can be excruciating in the earlier stages. Does he enjoy music? A soft Christmas music CD might be appreciated. Poor man, hope he's well soon!

Some soothing music! I would also say take him a baggie of your great cocoa Sherri and see if the nurses will let him have some warm water to mix it in.

Mary

Spartymom
12-23-2006, 08:18 PM
I hope that you can make his holidays a little pleasant whatever you decide to do. My thoughts are with him and his family and you and dd. Hope he gets home soon. Kim