PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cards...how many are you making?

Darleneh710
11-20-2008, 03:55 PM
I am not sure if this has been asked before...tried looking..didn't find anything..

How many Christmas cards are you sending out this year?

Do you plan on sending to your close friends on here or everyone (silly question I know)?

If someone sends to you do you then send them one if you haven't already?

Just trying to figure out how many I should send to not family related.

I have been making a few variations here and there.

Vintagegal
11-20-2008, 04:22 PM
At this pace that I'm going.....three.

I know. That's bad. But, I've been working out at the gym 5x each week, and I HAVE to really focus on getting healthy NOW, and not put it off another day. All of my energy is gone by the time I get home, shower, and fix supper. So, if y'all get beautiful store-bought Christmas cards from me, I hope you won't think any less because I didn't make them myself.

emmcee
11-20-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm with Ethel, right now about 3. Not because I'm going to the gym or working, mostly because I'm kind of lazy, and just haven't got the Christmas feeling yet. But I'll get going here soon.

maxiesmom
11-20-2008, 05:43 PM
I think I have almost 50 done already and I think I need about 75? Not sure. No I don't send to everyone here, only people that I have made a real connection with over the years. Not that I wouldn't like to send to more, but time making them and postage will prohibit that.
Send to those you really want to and don't sweat the rest of it! :nod:

loobylou
11-20-2008, 05:48 PM
I need about 20 for work (have cut back this year), 3o for family/ friends and about a dozen Shackies. I am almost done.

iloveflipflops
11-20-2008, 06:03 PM
I send to about 50 Shackies (see what happens when one is popular? LOL), 25 family and friends. I have a box of store bought left over from 3 Christmas's ago and I sending those to people who really don't care for a stamped card.

I have mine ALL addressed and just need to buy stamps. Still need to sign most of them though. I have been working on them when i pick up Nicholas at school and I am waiting in the car pick up :).

Nancy
11-20-2008, 07:01 PM
I am exhausted and lazy. When I was working and everything went on schedule, no problems, got everything done on time. Now have all the time in the world and do not get a thing done. What is wrong with me?- Nancy

Paula Carden
11-20-2008, 07:11 PM
I have a few more than 50 done- I too will send some to Shackies but can't send to all- I send a few to family and friends-mostly I make them because I enjoy making them- I enjoy sending stamped cards to Shackies more than family as they don't always understand the thrill of receiving a stamped card.

shuggy
11-20-2008, 07:12 PM
depends on how many i get done!!!

cecescraps
11-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Right now ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH are done! Now, this is not surprising or shocking in the least... I'm more creative when under pressure you know~ at least that is what I've been telling myself for YEARS. You may receive "store bought" from me this year ladies unless an elf decides to invade my craft room and surprise me or I decide to get up off my lazy hiney and get cracking! :)

cindi
11-20-2008, 07:58 PM
hmm,, I'll make about 30-50..I hope to hand deliver ss many as possible. postage is a killer! I may just pm everyone a Christams message like I did last year! although, let me tell ya..that took a long time!
:)

Far North
11-20-2008, 08:50 PM
I have finished 25 one-of-a-kind cards...so I definately can't send to everyone. Still hope to make some more!

maxiesmom
11-20-2008, 10:47 PM
I enjoy sending stamped cards to Shackies more than family as they don't always understand the thrill of receiving a stamped card.

So true, Paula!!

Inkisallover
11-20-2008, 11:07 PM
I usually make about 60 or so. I have a very large family and they always ooh and ahh over my hand made cards. I have some friends that have saved every single card that I made them. I think that is kind of cool, ya know?

Artyfarty
11-21-2008, 02:47 AM
To date around 35 so far shackie cards...none for family , but will work on some of those today and the rest of the shackie cards..

stampinmom3
11-21-2008, 06:11 AM
I have close to 100 made right now. I hope it is enough for family, coworkers for both dh and I and my stamp club. Of course I can't find my address book, so it might be plenty. lol

Christie
11-21-2008, 07:34 AM
I have no clue. I haven't sat down and made a list yet. I'm guessing somewhere around 20-30

toao
11-21-2008, 10:38 AM
ONE...I just finished it. I just have not been in the stamping mood. (I know...that's terrible, isn't it?) I did that one because I was asked by our choir members to make one for our choir director....who happens to be Billy's cousin. How could I say no to that? I'll take a picture of it tonight and post it.

teabear
11-21-2008, 11:51 AM
We made digital photo collage cards that we are sending out to family and friends. We used a really fun tutorial over at 2peas to make it. Hubby did most of the work. I printed up all the address labels and will cut the cards apart, can get two to a page. I have great plans of making a few Christmas ATC's to send out to some shackie friends.

Mrs. Fence
11-21-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm not making any. I decided to do cute ds pic cards for those on my list. If I feel in the mood and have time, I'll make some for gifts.

Patty
11-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Well--I made about 60 when I was at Ellie's in September. Those will go to Shackies and friends who appreciate it. The other dozen or so people I send to are not "card worthy", so I'll be sending store-bought cards to them. (with the best of wishes of course!!)

loobylou
11-21-2008, 06:37 PM
LOL Patty- I know what you mean about the "not card-worthy" sentiment. I'm seriously thinking my co-workers would prefer an anonymous chocolate treat left in their pigeon holes- and less stress for me too!