PDA

View Full Version : I'm bummed!

suzi_f
11-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Becca IS going to see Twilight tomorrow. She was going w/her 2 friends but tonite, less than 24 hours before the movie, one of the girls is not sure she can go. Her mom has to get an ok from her dad who's currently serving in Kosovo. This means I can't get an answer from her until tomorrow sometime. Great, I've already bought the tickets.

Since I may be stuck w/a ticket (yeah it's only $7 but it's the principal and stuff) I will have to go to the movie with her. This means ds who has less than NO intrest will have to go as well. This means he can not go to his basketball game (I tried to call a couple of friends to see if he can ride with them but no answer & no machine. Whats up with that???) He's bummed & mad at me.

Then, to top it all off, dh who has been in MN all week while I've kept the kids & their schedules all together, wants to go & play cards w/his mom, aunt & uncle Saturday night. I reminded him that his daughter wants to celebrate her b'day Saturday night. He said that she's getting to go to the movies, he thought that was celebration enough. I want to kill him!!!

I realize it's woman's lot in life to do 90% of the child care & tend to all their other needs but some days, it's just not fair!!!! I really think men are pigs!!! Or maybe it's just mine!!! Oh yeah, I took an hour out of my day to go to his mom's & "fix" her computer (she installed incredimail somehow & couldn't understand why it was messing up her email). She appreciated me but, you think that dh could show some appreaciation too. And, what's with her even ASKING dh to play when she knows he's been gone all week. What if we wanted to spend some time w/him????

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm gonna blow off my c'mas card yet again 'cause I'm too tired & frustrated to deal w/them. Maybe I'll go find some cheese to go w/my Whine. Or maybe I should just find some wine.....

cindi
11-20-2008, 09:38 PM
see?? men ARE twits!
sorry yours is acting up. I'm sorry your tghe one feeling all the pressure..I think this must be a mom thing.
hugs
:wubclub:

GrammaStamper
11-20-2008, 09:39 PM
You're right about women doing 90% of all the stuff. I'm sorry you're being pulled in 6 different directions all at once, Suzi. It's not fun. Here's a hug for you.

tojoco
11-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Don't get me started on MEN! You can't live with them and you can't live without them -- or can we!

loobylou
11-21-2008, 04:55 AM
Suzi, that' pretty sucky all round. I hope one of your son's friends will take him to his game.
I say "Men! can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em!"

Nancy
11-21-2008, 06:34 AM
I am sorry for you, but the mother who needs permission to do something and her husband is in Kosovo. Give me a break. She is the one to be pitied, As far as your husband, you can get even another day. - Nancy

and having lived with out a husband for close to 23 years, believe me, it is easier.

suzi_f
11-21-2008, 07:03 AM
I am sorry for you, but the mother who needs permission to do something and her husband is in Kosovo. Give me a break. She is the one to be pitied

Knowing the mother, I think it's just her way of not telling Abi no just yet. She's just a weird mom. Won't let her girls (11, 13 & 14) watch Hannah Montana but has no problem letting them watch CSI & Two & a Half Men. I honestly think that she makes them (the 3 girls) do everything together. And, since Grace & Josie aren't going, Abi can't go either.

It's all worked out, ds is ok if he can't go, the coach is cool w/it & won't punish Nick for not going tomorrow. Nick & I will probably have to see Twilight but we're keeping our fingers crossed for Madagascar; depends if I can trade the Twilight ticket for Madagascar. We'll see. Oh, and I'm sure DH will come to his senses about Saturday. If not, dd & I may have to go shopping to make her feel better, right??

GotCats?
11-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Ugh, Suzi. You poor thing. Men really are clueless I guess. I wouldn't know--Ihaven't had a date in like 8 years, but reading posts like this makes me think that isn't such a bad thing....

Vintagegal
11-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Suzi, You've hit the nail on the head. It's a social assumption that women should take care of everything. I MAKE my husband take time off work to run our son to doctor's and dental appointments. I don't ask. I just tell him I need him to do it. Not all the time, but if it looks like I need help in that department, I'll just make him check his schedule and have him take the time off work, instead of having me do it all the time.

90% of the housework is still my responsibility, though. That's OK. I make the boys help if I'm really stressed out, and they are almost always willing to oblige.

midnitecreations
11-21-2008, 09:37 AM
wow Suzi, I'm sorry you're running around like this for the kids. what a hectic schedule you have. I'm surprised that your DH didn't say no to mom and the cards knowing that he just got home too. MEN! Urgh

shadoob
11-21-2008, 09:39 AM
oh..we do need a song about this...and maybe a fun dance too....our men are twits...but we love them...our men are pigs but we love them....the housework is all ours...the kids are all ours...but we love them....(then go wild with a crazy dance to let off steam!)
Sorry, Suzi....some things just STINK!!!

teabear
11-21-2008, 11:22 AM
So sorry you are stressed. Get store-bought cards and a big bottle of wine. That sounds like a good solution to a bit of the stress.

Monkey Love
11-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Sad that he has no idea that he has a family that needs him to be part of at home! Not all men do this! Maybe you should have a heart to heart and explain that you need him and your son needs him and your daughter needs him, that decisions he makes affects the family! Sometimes, we (as women) just get irritated and never tell the men about it, so it goes on and on until we get so mad we cry or explode or get depresesed... Talking about it with him can be such a quick cure, then again some men don't listen either... I hope you can find a way to work it out!

The mom that needs to ask the dad... PATHETIC! What a loser! What is she teaching her daughter? That poor girl is probably going to end up marrying a controlling s.o.b.... Wholly Cow!~ That makes me more upset than your inconsiderate dh!

Chin up! :)

shadoob
11-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Ok..I feel guilty writing that men are pigs because people are people....and we all have our moments......my dh is a pretty good guy..even if he doesn't get some things.....(and I don't get others)
I do worry about the woman (and family) if they are indeed controlled by a man so far away....scary for when he is near by.
maybe they can go to the movie without you???

suzi_f
11-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Abi was able to go to the movies with us. Her mother went to see the 1pm showing before she would let her go!! Seems a tad overprotective to me. All went well, Nick was able to go to his basketball game (and he has another at noon today! VB was MUCH easier!!) Can you beleive, when I FINALLY dragged home at 9:30, dh isn't speaking to me??????? I swear, by the end of the weekend, I'm gonna to be in jail & he's gonna be in a shallow grave in the back yard!!! Men are PIGS!!!

JBgreendawn
11-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Abi was able to go to the movies with us. Her mother went to see the 1pm showing before she would let her go!! Seems a tad overprotective to me. All went well, Nick was able to go to his basketball game (and he has another at noon today! VB was MUCH easier!!) Can you believe, when I FINALLY dragged home at 9:30, DH isn't speaking to me??????? I swear, by the end of the weekend, I'm gonna to be in jail & he's gonna be in a shallow grave in the back yard!!! Men are PIGS!!!

(((( HUGS )))) nah who do you know to help you hide the body, granted it would fertilize the flowers but the smell would get ya sooner or later? (if stray cats didn't dig him up or something) :eek:

shadoob
11-22-2008, 01:56 PM
...remember the Dixie Chicks' song "Earl had to die" -- I still think it is hilarious and my husband still thinks it's not....but it is.....I have a warped sense of humor since I do work with crazy angry people all the time....Suzi- I am only 5 hours from you....hop in that car and come stamp with me...we'll go to cold stone creamery and stamp and not ask permission for anything!