PDA

View Full Version : Hey Joanie ~ I see Kerry is only $300. from her goal :)

tesschap
11-21-2008, 11:45 AM
I was just checking Kerry's site. She's so close to reaching her $2200.00 goal. I'll be thinking of her this weekend.

ccstampin12
11-21-2008, 12:47 PM
THANKS!
She actually might be just $200 shy of her goal as she just got a check late yesterday~
She did so well....and thanks to you girls who helped with donations and/or sent her a card of encouragement!
HUGS
Joanie

midnitecreations
11-21-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm feeling a bit dumb at the moment. What are you guys talking about? Why is she raising money? And how can I help?

ccstampin12
11-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Our DD, Kerry is doing the 3-Day Walk for the Cure for Breast Cancer in San Diego this weekend.
She has been collecting to meet the $2200 required donations.
HUGS
Joanie

tesschap
11-21-2008, 02:08 PM
It's the same walk that I did in Michigan in September :)

shuggy
11-22-2008, 12:41 AM
i can't wait till she gets the cards!

ccstampin12
11-22-2008, 07:50 AM
I know...I keep reminding her to go to the mail area!
She made it through yesterday, met a new friend, and seemed fine in the text message I received last night!
HUGS
Joanie

tesschap
11-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Day two is always the hardest for me. Day 1 you are excited over the event and the new experiences. Day two you are starting to hurt, blisters are starting to show up, you are tired from the first night in the tent, etc. Day 3 you are excited to cross the finish line. I've been thinking of Kerry and will continue to pray for her to have a pain free walk. I can't wait to hear about her experience.

ccstampin12
11-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Day two is always the hardest for me. Day 1 you are excited over the event and the new experiences. Day two you are starting to hurt, blisters are starting to show up, you are tired from the first night in the tent, etc. Day 3 you are excited to cross the finish line. I've been thinking of Kerry and will continue to pray for her to have a pain free walk. I can't wait to hear about her experience.

Teresa,
You are such a great friend. Thank you for all your words of wisdom and your support!
HUGS
Joanie

ccstampin12
11-22-2008, 08:06 PM
We heard from Kerry a little while ago.
She is doing really well.
She has a few blisters, but she sounds very upbeat and happy!
She got all the cards you girls sent her....she was laughing because she just couldn't believe so many people would be sending her such great cards....apparently her tentmate got no mail, and is jealous!
LOL
You girls are THE BEST!!!
I'll post again tomorrow to let you know about Day 3!
HUGS
Joanie