PDA

View Full Version : post office story...

shuggy
11-24-2008, 06:14 PM
so i mailed out the moose atc swap today. i organized them like i always do, figured out the postage with my scale at home and had them all ready to drop in the mailbox. this is how i've done all my swaps and have never heard of anyone not getting them or owing more postage.

well today, i had to wait in line to send barb's back (and barb, i forgot to add your change to your package...i owe you 60 cents!). i had the rest in my hands so i just gave them to the lady at the counter. well, she wanted to double check my postage on them all. apparently, they were all short of postage. anywhere from .08 cents to .20 cents. because if you take them to the counter, they classify them as a parcel. but if you deposit them in the box, they don't (i guess).

i just wish they would be consistent.

mahodgman
11-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Well, that seems really silly! I don't usually stand in line with all my swaps. I put the ones that already have postage in the big bin on the way in and then stand in line with the ones that need postage. Maybe that clerk just didn't know what they were doing.

scrappinnuts
11-24-2008, 09:30 PM
I hear you... You know of my PO woes.... Our PO is so inconsistent.

Kreative Dryve
11-25-2008, 12:31 AM
I always figured that if they need extra postage, then the person who received it in their return box would have to pay, that is why I put my name on both the sender and reciever. Am I missing something?

Nancy
11-25-2008, 09:42 AM
IF I ever owe anyone money I sure hope they let me know. - Nancy

karla_m_angelstamper
11-25-2008, 09:56 AM
IF I ever owe anyone money I sure hope they let me know. - Nancy

Nancy,

Did I forget to tell you that you owe me $5,000 for postage? Just pm me and I'll send you my address so you can get that in the mail right away. I'll be stalking my mailman until it is delivered safely.

(Okay, I just couldn't resist!!! LOL!!! :laugh:)

GrammaStamper
11-25-2008, 10:03 AM
well today, i had to wait in line to send barb's back (and barb, i forgot to add your change to your package...i owe you 60 cents!).

Angie, don't worry about the change, ever! You deserve a little extra for having to stand in line for me. Sorry. I'm looking forward to seeing all the mooses in my mailbox.

Patty
11-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Every trip to the PO results in a story. What is it with them? I go to a little shop that does USPS, Fed Ex, Airborne, etc. The girl that is usually there is from Bangladesh and I showed her what I was mailing one time. Now, when she sees me come in she is all smiles and always wants to see what I've done. It makes it a little less painful to have to go to the PO.

teabear
11-25-2008, 09:08 PM
I've got one for you, I mailed a package at the post office. They weighed it and put the postage on it. I paid for it. It was returned to me 6 weeks later for insufficient postage. Good grief!