PDA

View Full Version : ideas/advice on how to do this card different?

cindi
11-25-2008, 08:18 PM
teh flowers on this card did not come out as well as I had wished. I stamped on acetate (well the struff stickers comes on) then I colored with my prisma markers. then I coated it well with dimentional glaze and sprinkled with super fine glitter. but you can see where the glitter did not stick, and I know I covered the whole area. I was looking for some pretty and blingy flowers..these are ok, but I had hoped for better. any words of wisdom ladies?
:)

loobylou
11-25-2008, 08:22 PM
do you have a xyron machine? If you do, then run the flowers thru it and sprinkle glitter ontop

cindi
11-25-2008, 08:26 PM
do you have a xyron machine? If you do, then run the flowers thru it and sprinkle glitter ontop

nope...no xyron..is that the only way?

kerry
11-25-2008, 08:33 PM
I would just add a hole in the center of them and add a brad or button or ribbon knot and "curl" the petals with my metal punch tool...

I think they will look fine with a bit of dimension...You've got the shape, the color, the sparkle...

Kerry

Far North
11-25-2008, 08:51 PM
When I do pieces like this I often put them against a gold background it reflects the color and sparkle more. You can always go in and add more stickles or glittler/glaze. Of course that means another wait for them to dry.

directmailscrapper
11-25-2008, 09:29 PM
I must be missing something -- your card looks great!

Paula Carden
11-25-2008, 09:36 PM
I agree- I think your card looks fabulous as it is- you should be pleased. I see sparkles and it is very pretty!!

maxiesmom
11-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Me three, I like it too!

tesschap
11-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Very pretty card Cindi. Maybe you can run a glue pen over the areas where the glitter is missing and then sprinkle on more glue?

shadoob
11-25-2008, 11:15 PM
I really like it the way it is. I think the flowers came out fabulously...like if you TRIED to do it that way, they probably wouldn't have come out so nicely!

Christie
11-26-2008, 10:00 AM
I think it looks good the way it is!!! No one will know that it's not suppose to be covered in glitter if you don't tell them!!!

Far North
11-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Yes, I agree with the others you don't have to do a thing to this one--it is very pretty the way it is. I was only responding to how heighten the bling.

cindi
11-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Yes, I agree with the others you don't have to do a thing to this one--it is very pretty the way it is. I was only responding to how heighten the bling.

yes, I was looking for more even bling coverage, maybe sturdier acetate would help, too

Mere Deaux
11-26-2008, 01:39 PM
The flowers are just fine. They look like ones in the scrap book store here! The card is sooo pretty. Leave it be. Maybe if you put it away for a few hours and look at it again you won't see the things that bother you now. It's a wonderful card ... As is!