4 T margarine (I never use this)
1 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp marjorem
1 T dried onion flakes
1/2 cup + parmesan cheese
8 oz or more shredded cheddar
1-1/2 box pasta -- I like the mini bow ties
8-10 uncooked chicken strips or like amount of cooked turkey/chicken

Combine soup, milk, 1 can of broth, buillion and seasonings in pot, cook until smooth. If your chicken is raw, include it at the beginning and cook until no longer pink.

Cook pasta in salted water until not quite done. In large casserole dish, combine soup mixture with meat and pasta. Sprinkle cheeses on top, mix in (I like a lot of cheese in mine!) Top with a bit more cheese. Add the remaining can of chicken broth until it covers about 2/3 of the pasta. Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 10-15.

iloveflipflops
11-29-2008, 03:20 PM
I think I will make this tomorrow night. I love this dish and haven't ever made it. Thanks for posting it, I am printing it right now ..... Mmmmm good!!

cecescraps
11-29-2008, 04:04 PM
YUM-O sounding Nancy. I'm think I'll try this using my leftover turkey. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Far North
12-02-2008, 01:48 AM
Five yummy stars for this dish Nancy!!!!!

I ended up finding a great buy on a turkey after Thanksgiving and since I had not cooked one I could not pass it up. I hadn't ever tried this dish nor did I even know there was such a thing a mini bowties.
At the last minute while I was preparing the dish I realized I didn't have as much cheese as I wanted so I added a small can of fried onions to the topping. The crunch was a nice touch to the YUMMY dish! Thanks Nancy for expanding my adventures with leftover turkey!

loobylou
12-02-2008, 03:03 AM
What is a can of milk? My milk comes in plastic or cardboard cartons.
Does it mean evaporated milk? we can get that in a can- you can keep it in the cupboard.. This does sound yummy.
My other queston is- what do you mean by a chicken strip?- do you mean sliced raw chicken, or is it like a long chicken nugget with breadcrumbs on it?

oh, and I DO know what bow tie pasta is! I use it in my minestrone soup.

directmailscrapper
12-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Sarah,

LOL!

I just fill the soup can with milk after I dump the concentrated soup in the pan -- regular milk! I have skim milk in my house, so that's what I use.

We can buy boneless, skinless frozen raw chicken in strips -- that's the easiest way to make this when you don't have leftovers -- or you can cut up any chicken into bite sized pieces. No breadcrumbs -- not nuggets!

Let me know what you think! The night I typed this I went ahead and made it and we ate it for 2 nites. I think there is a bit left over -- unless my DH snacked on it!