PDA

View Full Version : Important Announcement - Please Read

Sherry
12-01-2008, 05:32 AM
Hello ladies,

I have an announcement to make and I'll keep it short and sweet and to the point.

Due to personal reasons, I have decided to step down as owner of The Stamp Shack website.

Now, before you get to panicking and hyperventilating, please know that The Stamp Shack isn't going anywhere! You will still be able to log on each and every day and enjoy the community as you have always known it. The only thing different is that you now have a new owner; one that is committed to keeping the Shack spirit alive and one that will ensure that the website continues to grow and flourish. I want to emphasize that I have no intentions on leaving you. I plan on staying put and remaining an active participant on the website but simply choose to do so at a user level instead of at management level.

I know that you probably have quite a few questions and/or concerns and I will do my best to address each and every one of them over the next couple of days. Just keep in mind that although change can be scary it can also be a very good and very positive thing. We shouldn't be afraid to embrace it. I know, without a doubt, that there are some great things in store for this website. Just you wait and see!

I have a hunch that you'll be meeting your new leader within the next day or two. While you wait, be sure to get yourself registered for Bingo as game registration closes tomorrow! I have a really great prize to give away. Free stamps!! Need I say more?

Artyfarty
12-01-2008, 06:12 AM
This is sad...but for whatever reason you are stepping down we will understand your decission. You have been a fantstic owner and most importantly a wonderful person whom we shall miss as our stamp shack fairy godmother. please as you say dont leave us completely and stay involved however small. Thankyou so much for the Shack and all you have done to make this such a fabulous warm n friendly site.
Huge hugs
Sue xx

frankiesue
12-01-2008, 06:20 AM
I agree with Sue it is sad, but fully understand that your personnal reasons must come first and formost.

Thankyou so much for all you have done here at the shack... you've made it a really friendly site ...just one last wish "wish fairy " please make sure you do stay around and play with the rest of us now and again.

Sending you a Hug from across the puddle.
Sue

Paula Carden
12-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Sherry this is scary but I am sure that with all of the hard work and money you have invested in the Shack that you would only do the right thing.
I think that for me it has really been a kind and gentle forum for stamping and inspiration. I have met some really great ladies here and I think I would miss everyone if the site was no longer the same.
I hope that you are just tired of maintaining the site and it is not for health reasons.
Thank you Sherry for what you have done for us.

Vintagegal
12-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Sherry, your health comes first. Best of luck to you. Thank you so much for everything you've done for the Stamp Shack. You are THE BEST!

Stampin' Kay
12-01-2008, 07:36 AM
I only joined your website this year and I have really enjoyed being part of the community, the site is full of lovely ladies, great inspiration and I've had some fantastic swaps. You've worked so hard to build up and maintain this wonderful site, thank you so much. Hope you stay around and good luck in all you do.
Kay x

My3Ds
12-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Woah! I have mixed feelings. :(

ccstampin12
12-01-2008, 07:57 AM
This is so strange....I had a premonition about this.....I NEVER have premonitions!
I certainly agree with all the comments before this....
We will miss having you as our fearless leader, but I trust you have found a new "wish fairie" for us who will try her/his hardest to be as accomodating as you always are.
I, too, hope that if your personal reasons are due to health issues, you will find doctors to help/cure whatever it is. Also, we want updates on how you are doing....we worry, you know!!!
MANY HUGS from me!
Joanie

maxiesmom
12-01-2008, 08:02 AM
I know you have had some major health issues and I can only hope & pray they can be resolved for you quickly. Thanks for starting up this great site. :wubclub:

jazzypurple853
12-01-2008, 08:17 AM
My prayers and thoughts are with you as you go thru your health issues. Thank you for such a wonderful community that you created.

mydogstinks2
12-01-2008, 08:28 AM
wow, this is really scary.

I too hope things get much better for you soon!!

scraphappy908
12-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Sherry,
I had a feeling something was up when I saw your announcement that you were closing your other templates website. You've been facing a lot of challenges recently and we all understand that health and family come first.
You have been such a big inspriation to me and this website has become my second home. Promise that you will check in from time to time and keep us updated. Thank you so much for making the Stamp Shack a warm and wonderful place to come to each day!
My prayers are with you always.
Amy

Mrs. Fence
12-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Sherry, I'm speechless. I'll keep you in my prayers for better health and a less stressful time. Thank you so much for all your hard work, devotion, and inspiration. You and the girls at this site have become a second family to me, I'm glad we'll all still be together.

hutchink
12-01-2008, 08:59 AM
I know that things have been difficult for you lately Sherry. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers! You have formed a wonderful site and I am sure things will stay that way! Thanks for all that you have done!

irishchristine
12-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Thank you for all you do!!

shadoob
12-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Sherry,
Thank you for all you've done. I've never understood HOW you could maintain all that you do...you are an incredible woman with gifts beyond words. I hope that you can still get some enjoyment out of the Shack as you change your role. peace, hugs and health to you.

Nancy
12-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Your health and family come first, glad we still can enjoy having you around. Take a deep breath and continue on with a more healthy life and family.- Nancy

IMBlessed5
12-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Sherry, take care of yourself - that's the most important thing! Thanks for everything you have done here! Looking forward to meeting the new owner - I'm sure you wouldn't put the Shack in the hands of just anybody so it's exciting.

Good luck with everything!!! HUGS!

toao
12-01-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm sure whoever you've chosen to take over the Shack is well qualified. Thank you for all that you've done and all of your hard work. You deserve a standing ovation. I'm glad you're sticking around and will be able to hang out with us. Best wishes to you!

Far North
12-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Sherry-
I recognize that this must has have been a tough decision for you. Creating and developing a site is a huge undertaking and particuliarly for one who puts so much heart into their work. Thank you for being steadfast in keeping this a fun and friendly site for all of us.

Thanks again for the honor to work on your creative team this past year. Sending big hugs and prayers as you step into new directions personally and professionally.

workin4stamps
12-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks Sherry for everything you have done. Wishing you the very best and hoping this is nothing serious. Glad to hear you'll still be keeping in touch with us!

JBgreendawn
12-01-2008, 10:46 AM
good morning Sherry, i am not scared funny thing i have been half way expecting this. dont even ask my why because, i couldnt name it. but i do know your family and your health have to come first...

Im looking forward to seeing you be able to enjoy your play time in here more.

have a great day!

kimmyqtgirl
12-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Sherry you have done such a wonderful job with everything here. Thank you for all your hard work. I hope there isn't a serious reason for you stepping down but whatever you need/want to do we understand. I know I could never take on all the work you have done. I can't wait to see who will be taking over. Hugs and many thanks.

teabear
12-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Wishing you all the best as you move away from this huge responsibility. Thank you for creating such a warm creative space for all of us to visit and play. I look forward to meeting our new owner, or do we already know this person?

Mere Deaux
12-01-2008, 11:20 AM
The Shack has been a wonderful place for me. I have made so many friends and learned so much here. Sooo I thank you for all your work in keeping it running smoothly. I hope your health issues are resolved fast! It will be nice to know that you are still here at the Shack, just in a different capacity. Thank you so much, Sherry.

ChristyR
12-01-2008, 11:23 AM
wishing you all the best for you and your family, thank you for all you have done for us and continue to do. looking forward to meeting the new owner

hbpuppy
12-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Thank you so much for all the work that you've put into this website. I know that your health and family need special attention right now so of course I think that you are doing the right thing.

tesschap
12-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Sherry - I also wish you the best for you and your family and want to thank you for all that you do here at the Shack. I'm sorry that you are stepping down but I fully understand.

Sending you a big hug.

cecescraps
12-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Sherry, A simple THANK YOU doesn't seem like enough considering all of the time, money and efforts you have put into making this site such a wonderful place. But, I sincerely do THANK YOU for envisioning, creating and maintaining such a special place for all of us to hang out, find ideas for creating and most of all for the friendships that have come from this site. Where ever life takes you in the coming days may you know that you created something good, useful and fun here at "The Shack!" :)

pesc
12-01-2008, 12:00 PM
I was thinking about you this week... and that maybe that work load needed to be shared becaused you was doing an amazing job all by yourself for a long time... I bet I was right on it. I'm sure you will have find us a new great administrator. Thank you so much for all That you have done for us and I'm glad you are not leaving us for real. Enjoy more free time and come to visit us often.

emmcee
12-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Gracious, Sherry. I certainly understand you needing to make some changes. Thank you so much for this wonderful site. As some have mentioned this being a 2nd home, I feel the same way. Sending you a big hug from North Carolina.

Firecracker
12-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Sherry,

I totally understand. I have been keeping you in my prayers. I hope things can improve for you this coming year. Hugs, Heather

iloveflipflops
12-01-2008, 01:27 PM
I surely understand Sherry. You do so much for us here at the Shack and I just want to add my thank you a million times too :). You must take care of yourself and your family. That is the most important. Can't wait to "meet" the new owner :).

cindi
12-01-2008, 01:43 PM
I have been thinking that you might need to do this Sherry, it's a lot of work when you have other priorites at this time. I want to thank you also for your creative vision in creating the stanmp shack, I truly love it here and would be l;ost without it, I love my shackie family. so can we still ask our wish fairie for awesome templates in her spare time? take care of yourself , and thank you for taking care of the shack.
hugs
:wubclub:

MidwestStamper
12-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Thank you so much for this wonderful place you've created! God Bless you and your family and hope to see you here from time to time. I'm so curious who our new 'owner' will be!

Fief14
12-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Sherry, so sorry to hear this. I'm sure the Stamp Shack has become a whole lot more successsful then you ever planned. I'm sure you have picked some one just as fabulous as you to take your position. Please take care of yourself, and keep us updated on how you are doing. Thank you for making this such a wonderful place to make stamping friends!

My3Ds
12-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Okay - who is the new owner? I'm thinking that if this was my site and I wanted to sell, I'd pick Sherri and/or Sarah (Loobylou) to run the show.

loobylou
12-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Sherry, Whilst I am sad to lose the 'best boss ever", I just know that this is something you need to do,for yourself and your family. My prayers are with you.
I'm looking forward to meeting the new owners and the next exciting step in the Shack's journey.
Thankyou so much for everything-

scrappinnuts
12-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Sherry... Thank you for this warm wonderful site.... This place is the best. I sure understand and I will keep you in my prayers.

Kreative Dryve
12-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow!
Everyone was expecting this, and I am totally blown away with the news.
I have read that there was health issues, but didn't realize they were as serious as they sound.
I hope everything is going to be okay, and sending great big hugs to you.
You have made this place so fun, wonderful, and a place we can lose ourselves in. The Stamp Shack is my second home as well, and I have
made so many wonderful friends from this site, thanks to you.

Please take care of yourself.

firefly
12-01-2008, 07:19 PM
'Thanks' just doesn't seem like enough when I consider everything you've done to make this a great community of stampers. Take care of yourself and visit when you can!

GrammaStamper
12-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Sherry, you have been an amazing and absolute inspiration to all of us here at The Shack. Thank you so much for all that you have done for this community and we look forward to seeing you here whenever you can make it.

Patty
12-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Sherry--I feel blessed to have been a part of this site throughout your term here. I have been a member of other boards and NONE of them were handled as well, or made one feel as welcome as you did. I wish you only the best and I look forward to hearing from you from time to time. Hugs and prayers, Patty

shuggy
12-01-2008, 08:53 PM
sherry, thanks for creating such an amazing place full of amazing people. take care of yourself.

directmailscrapper
12-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Sherry, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for enriching my life by creating and maintaining this wonderful site -- and introducing me to this wonderful community. You guys have become family, and I hope that we will be able to maintain this relationship!

Sherry, now is the time to take care of yourself and your family. Know that we will be here for you -- and please keep us posted. We love you!

stampinmom3
12-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Thank you Sherry for everything. You and your website are wonderful. We all appreciate you, but more than anything, we want you to take care of yourself and concentrate on getting better!!

jguyeby
12-01-2008, 11:43 PM
What ever the reason, you do not have to explain to us. We all have to deal with our problems in our own way. I recently had to give up something that was near and dear to me but it had to be done. You have done a wonderful job both in the management and creative area and I am thankful for what you have done to enrich my life. Jennifer Eby

coco_kitty
12-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. Wishing you and your family all the best.

Dibby
12-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Sherry, What a champ you are! Change is always good I reckon & it is something we should look forward to. Thank you for creating this home away from home.

Lisa Sparkle
12-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Sherry I just wanted to say thanks for creating such a wonderful site that I can't wait to visit each day. I've been made to feel so welcome here and met so many lovely people, and that's down to the atmosphere you've created. Good luck for the future.

mahodgman
12-02-2008, 09:52 AM
I don't even know what to say to this surprising news. I love it here, and you have made it all possible. I wish the best for you always. Thanks for all you've done for us at the Shack!

Sherry
12-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Aww, thank you all so much for your kind comments. They really mean a great deal to me.

Our community is an awesome one and it is that way because of all of you. YOU make The Stamp Shack what it is. I have no doubt in my mind that it will continue to grow and will continue to have the reputation as the 'friendliest' rubber stamping community on the web.

logcabincreations
12-02-2008, 10:48 AM
I love you Sherry and understand you have way too much on you right now. Just focus on getting well. Big Hugs.

Paula Carden
12-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh Sherry all of those kind comments are not even a drop in the big bucket as to what you and the Shack mean to all of us. It really is a warm place with so much kindness and inspiration. I would like to see it continue for years to come!

You are the BEST of the BEST as Sarah said!

mom_on_line
12-02-2008, 11:05 AM
I know this must have been a difficult decision for you but you have to do what's best for you.

I've enjoyed being here when I can as a drama free and friendly home.

Thanks for all you do!

Tantalize
12-02-2008, 11:08 AM
All the best to you Sherry! Thanks for being our head honcho the last couple years. Im looking forward to all movement that we have in the future here at the Shack.

Darleneh710
12-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Wow, Sherry! I did not see this coming. You have been so wonderful to me in the past and you are a wonderful person and I love your site. I am sorry to see you step down, but agree that your health comes first and it is great that you will still be communicating with us on the MB. I agree that change is good and sometimes sad as well. I hope everything works out for you in a positive way and I am anxious to see those changes you mentioned. I will always keep you and your loved ones in my thoughts and prayers.
((((((hugs))))))

Suzanne
12-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Sherry sorry to hear that you have to step down from running the site and hope that all get better with your health quickly. Take care of yourself!

Would like to know who has bought the site and will be running it.

Jovi
12-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Sherry I'm so happy that you're not leaving us completely. Thank you for starting this great place and for everything you do. I know things have been difficult for you lately, I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Take care yourself and enjoy family time.

midnitecreations
12-04-2008, 01:59 PM
I haven't been on much lately on this site due to health and other issues myself. I kept wondering with all that was happening to you, how you managed it. I'm so glad you're still staying with us and from the bottom of my heart thank you for this wonderful site you've created and fostered for so long. My love and prayers are with you and I hope the future brings you more joy than you've given us with all that you've done here. God Bless.

allinkdup
12-04-2008, 02:59 PM
I am sure that this was not a simple decision for you to make and I am glad to read that you will be around even though you won't be the ringleader.

Crafty2260
12-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Dear Sherry,
I wish you all the luck , love & prosperity in the world. Thank you for all you've done, & I hope your amazing creativity helps you.
Rita

smkymtsu
12-05-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm sure this was probably not an easy decision for you and maybe not even one that you wanted to make. Please know though that everything you have done has not gone unnoticed and this site is proof of all the things that are wonderful about you. I wish you the best.

Canadian, eh
12-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Sherry, I wish you all the best. Sending hugs,

karla_m_angelstamper
12-07-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm sure this was probably not an easy decision for you and maybe not even one that you wanted to make. Please know though that everything you have done has not gone unnoticed and this site is proof of all the things that are wonderful about you. I wish you the best.

I can't say it any better than Susan. {{{BIG, BIG, BIG HUGS FOR YOU!!!}}}

patg
12-08-2008, 12:10 AM
Sherri, the best of luck to you! Thank you for all that you have done and brought to us! Pat