PDA

View Full Version : can I vent, please?

Christie
12-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh no! It sounds like you have been handed the crap bag! I'm sorry you are having so many problems right now. I hope that they can get you all fixed up and you can heal. I know things must be hard right now and never feel bad about venting to us. That is what friends are for!!!!!!

allinkdup
12-03-2008, 10:20 PM
I have been stopping by a few times a day but not posting too much, especially in the gallery and I am really neglecting commenting, so please forgive me. I am just really struggling with some issues right now and need to vent!

I had the cryo surgery on my foot 2 weeks ago, it seemed like it helped but not so sure now as the pain is already back again.

I went to the dr for the post-op appt last week and he said that somehow between the last set of xrays, I broke my ankle and have a bone chip in the ankle joint.

So I have been off my feet the past 2 weeks, not an easy thing for me to do with 3 kids, school, sports and church but I have been trying to take it easy.

I went to see the neurologist last week and have nerve damage in the foot that he thinks is from the surgery and after testing he diagnosed me with dystrophic rsd (reflex sympathetic dystrophy) and is also suggesting a nerve block since I have already tried muscle relaxants, anticonvulsants, tons of narcotics, etc.

Then today was my follow up appt with the surgeon and the bone is not set right in the ankle so now I have to have surgery AGAIN next week to fix the ankle.

I am at my wits end with all of this. I have gone for second (and third) opinions and each dr. is saying pretty much the same thing. I feel bad complaining about this because I know there are others that are having their own issues and I know that Heather lost her toe, so at least I have everything intact but man, when can enough be enough?

Thanks so much for listening so far, I hate sounding like a Debbie Downer!

scrappinnuts
12-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Awna .... I am so sorry for your troubles... It is hard to look at the positive side right now... I will pray for a healing and for calming your troubles.

Paula Carden
12-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Awna we are here for you! I sure hope things are going to look up soon!
Do you know when or how you broke your ankle-did you fall or twist it?
You have had terrible time with all of this and I am so sorry but I am sending you healing thoughts!! I will be thinking about you-but try to rest as much as you can!

My3Ds
12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Dear Debbie Downer - Each of our problems are important to us - regardless of how big or small in comparrison to others. So, please feel free to vent to us. That's what 'friends' are for. I would be agitated too. Sending big hugs to ya. And, no you are not being a 'Downer'.

mahodgman
12-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Vent away! Cronic pain is awful, and sometimes you just need to complain! I think it is good to remember that there is always someone worse off than you in life, so you can try to find the good in your situation. I know this keeps me grounded when I think I can't handle any more. I hope you feel better soon!

ccstampin12
12-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Awna,
I agree....enough is enough!
I hope you and the doctors can find a way to give you relief very soon!
HUGS
Joanie

scraphappy908
12-03-2008, 10:51 PM
I am so sorry to hear you are going through all this. Sounds like the doctor who did the first surgery goofed up somewhere. Normally I wouldn't suggest this but I would be looking into some leagal advice in addition to different doctors.
Awna, I pray you will be on the mend very soon and back on your feet in no time.

shadoob
12-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Awna,
You've been on my mind..I'm sorry you have all of this *#^$^&!!! pain and hassles! You just come here and vent anytime you need to!

cindi
12-03-2008, 10:54 PM
geez Awna!! you have been through too much for something that should have been resolved with a single surgery!! you have a definate right to be venting, and thats part of what we have here, sharing and caring for our sister shackies.
I hope the dr can get it right this time, cronic pain is not good.
big hugs
:wub2:

Nancy
12-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Geez you have every right to vent- so go ahead. - Nancy

jazzypurple853
12-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Hugs and prayers to you!

teabear
12-04-2008, 08:22 AM
I am so sorry to hear all of this Awna. Foot pain is so difficult and it sounds like you've had more than your share. Sending best of wishes for a speedy recovery on the next surgery. What a crummy time of year for all of this, too. Hugs.

loobylou
12-04-2008, 08:56 AM
(((Hugs))) you really are having a bad trot. I hope your next doctor will find just the answer, with as little surgery as possible. Can you sit and colour, or are you flat on your back?

logcabincreations
12-04-2008, 10:19 AM
it's great to vent -- I know it helps me -- so here's a big hug and lots of prayers.

Jovi
12-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Awna... vent away, we're here for you.

I'm sorry that you're going through so much troubles with your surgeries, hopefully soon you'll be back on your feet.

midnitecreations
12-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Wow, you've really been having a time of it. I hope this time out, they'll fix stuff and fix it right!

allinkdup
12-04-2008, 03:06 PM
thanks ladies for listening to me. It really means a lot.

I finished up some of my cards to mail out and I am caught up on all swaps, hummm, maybe it is time to post some more, LOL! Swaps always make a girl feel better, right? LOL!

directmailscrapper
12-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Awna, I am so sorry to hear about what a trial you have been going through! You have so much on your plate already! I hope they solve this once and for all so you can enjoy the holidays. We want to hear from you -- so please post often and keep us up to date!

Mrs. Fence
12-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Awna, so sorry for all your pain. That's a lot to go through and keep up with family and church responsibilities. I'll keep you in my prayers!

:wubclub::wubclub::wubclub: