PDA

View Full Version : Must try if not already...derwent .....

Artyfarty
12-04-2008, 07:35 AM
Aqua tone crayons...

i saw these at my local store and bought 3 to try out and wow wow wow the colour real comes through with depth. Im a firmlover of watercolur pencils but i realy am going to buy a set of these nowI have tried them. They are not cheap however individually £1.39 each uk monies but do come in sets too .... read on and if you see them give em a goand be amazed at the true colour these produce...
Derwent Aquatone Pencils 12 Tin
Aquatone is a solid stick of watersoluble colour pigment in an easy to peel paper wrap. It has four times more useable material than our standard watercolour pencil. This versatile tool can be used in so many ways to create stunningly different drawing and paint effects. Use it wet or dry as a conventional pencil, as a block of solid colour or break it into convenient, easy to handle chunks. Available in 24 vibrant colours Aquatone can be used with Derwent Watercolour pencils or other non-soluble Derwent media to add depth and interest.

All the colours are available individually or in assortments of 12 & 24.

ctinyjoy
12-04-2008, 10:51 AM
These were the first pencils i bought to color my images with. I still pull them out on occasion to use with the blender pen, but i find that i use my koh-i-nor pencils most often now. I had bought my set at M's originally and with a 40% coupon, the price was not bad.

toao
12-04-2008, 12:13 PM
I think Susan's (smkymtsu) son Tommy uses Derwent pencils.

Grandma H
12-04-2008, 07:43 PM
I also have the Aquatone pencils which I bought a couple of years ago.They are very versatile. Have you seen the Inktense watercolour pencils also by Derwent? the colour with these is really vivid. Barbara aka Grandma H.