PDA

View Full Version : Copic Markers..Which to use?

bslick6597
12-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Hello everyone...I am new to this forum and fairly new to stamping. I am thinking of starting a collection on copic markers. But when I looked at them, there are choices to be made.. :o( ..Should I get the Copic Orginal, the Copic Ciao or the Copic Sketch? Are there much differences in each? Which do you all prefer? ..Thanks for giving me your input.

directmailscrapper
12-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I prefer the Sketch markers. I have a couple of the Ciaos, and I really prefer the Sketch. Why? They both have the same ink and the same tips -- so they are mostly the same marker - but the Sketch markers have the numbers of the pens on the tips so that I can see which color is which (I store them in an X box). The Ciao markers have the colors and numbers on the barrel of the pne, so you have to fumble through them to figure out which one you want. As you get more familiar with the Copics, you start to understand how the color numbers are important!

I don't think stampers use the Originals -- the ends won't work as well. Both the Sketch and Ciao have a brush tip and a chisel tip.

tojoco
12-09-2008, 11:16 AM
You may want to invest in the DVD, "Techniques & Projects with Sketch Markers" by Copic. I have it and it's a great source of instruction and inspiration. I think I paid $9.99 for it.

ccstampin12
12-09-2008, 02:27 PM
I prefer the Originals because of the smaller tip on the opposite end from the chisel top. These are square-shaped barrels and they can't roll away.
The reason I like the smaller tip is because I can just dot small areas with it and it seems to work best for me.
I know others like the Sketch and Ciao...all a matter of opinion and preference!
Joanie

1of2shoes
12-10-2008, 01:19 PM
I like the sketch markers. I love the brush tip because it can do anything from filling in a large area to fine outlines and dots. It's a personal preference. Maybe buy one of each to see which one you'll like best. I'm with Nancy on the labeling part. I like the number and name of the color on the end cap.