PDA

View Full Version : I shopped in my closet today!

cindi
12-10-2008, 07:44 PM
yup, money is a little tighter for me right now, and my work Christmas party is this Saturday. Traditionally I would go buy myslef a new outfit, but I didn't want to spend my money on that this year. so into my closet I went, and came out with a pair of black dressy wide legged pants ( If I stand still they look like along skirt)it's only when I walk you can tell they are actually pants. very flowy with a sheer overlayer. then I got into my vacation bags and got a silvery satiny strappy top that has an asymetrical shape. I have a pretty bling 4 strand black & silver necklace, black shoes and a blingy bracelet. so..I think can pull this off, and no one but me and now all of you, will know I cheaped out this year! I have a pretty black lace shrug I will waer over the strappy top so I don't freeze to death.
anyone else out there shopping in their closets this season?
:)

teabear
12-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I always shop my closet! Isn't that what black dresses, pants, and pretty wraps are made for? Your outfit sounds gorgeous. Have fun at the party.

shadoob
12-10-2008, 08:18 PM
I am shopping at home a lot this year! for all kinds of things!

Paula Carden
12-10-2008, 08:23 PM
I am sure you will look the best of all! Good way to save a little dough.

tesschap
12-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Sounds like an awesome outfit Cindi. Do make sure to take a picture for us - pretty please! We have a party Friday night and I am doing the same thing. Our party is casual and I have a few tops that were worn once, put back into my closet, and lost in the sea of hangers.

mahodgman
12-10-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm not going anywhere fancy for the holiays, so I don't need to shop for me at all. Your outfit sounds terrific!

tojoco
12-10-2008, 09:01 PM
No parties for me this year so I won't have to shop for clothes. This Christmas will be a quiet one with just the 3 of us. I'm ready for that.

emmcee
12-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Your outfit sounds wonderful. I've had to shop in my closet this year too.

midnitecreations
12-10-2008, 09:19 PM
I like shopping in my closet! I don't get to wear the fancy stuff often enough so it's definitely where I go look first.

hutchink
12-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Sounds like fun but I have nothing in my closet that fits- to big to small! So going to have to get something new! Cindi I would love to see your outfit! Photo--please!

cindi
12-10-2008, 09:56 PM
I'll take my camera and see if some one will snap a pic for me

Christie
12-10-2008, 11:11 PM
I never have anywhere to go to have to dress up. I'm glad you found you a great outfit and didn't have to buy anything new!

logcabincreations
12-11-2008, 03:29 PM
sounds very pretty and much nicer than what is in my closet...lol....I never have an occasion to dress up nice like that.

cecescraps
12-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Your outfit sounds like the bomb Cindi! Can't wait to see photos. :)

irishchristine
12-11-2008, 08:00 PM
You need to post a pic of this hot outfit!!! I still find things in mine that have tags on them from 4 years ago...still waiting for them to fit LOL

cindi
12-11-2008, 08:05 PM
wel I tried on my outfit today. and I hasd to switch tops, the silver one did not lay right over my pants ( the have a belt that ties on the side) so back into my closet I went and came out with a black one with silver bling all over it. it looks way better with my pants. I'll try to get a pic